TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get over it man.  You've made your point and we get it; it's silly that this park did not do a Winterfest-lite.  Make the 8 hour drive to KD if you want to experience that, just like all of us with KD

My visit this past weekend was great, even with Saturday being very busy and me missing out on FL until Sunday.    I went into Orion not having followed its construction or watched a POV or even

I went the weekend before last and wasn't going to do any sort of report or review, but with this discussion, I'll throw my hat in the ring. I thought Orion was fantastic.  Millennium Force is th

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Some time I'll probably do a full WInterFest trip report, but I haven't taken enough photos yet. I've gone the last two Fridays for a few hours each time and it has been COLD. After our last ride of the night on Timbers last week, I checked the temperature and it was 28* and dropping! So yeah, KI does still run Timbers below freezing, but I think it has to be above freezing at least to open it.

While we have one less coaster open this year, the park looks amazing. There are more lights and decorations than previous years, and a ton of cute things to pose with.

Orion is starting to look really good, but I do agree that it looks pretty darn similar to Diamondback. Still, it's cool seeing Orion and Diamondback basically sandwich the park.

Here are a couple photos from last night, taken by Adam Lucas from FYE because he has an iPhone 11 and my XR is jealous of his night mode. IMG_5571.JPG.7c976d1f2be174624cba907a005a41e8.JPG

You can see Orion peeking behind Diamondback. Vortex is still there but it won't be long before this view will change forever.

IMG_5573.JPG.b04c3db28abcda07bb84ecc05388e935.JPG

The XR is jealous...

IMG_5572.JPG.ca58225ddac717b5df88db7f0403d1df.JPG

The plaza looks gorgeous during WinterFest!

Also, if you want to be a crazy a$$, you can join us with FYE on Friday the 13th for the Mystic Timbers "Polar Plunge." Basically strip down to warm-weather clothes and ride Timbers in the cold. You can message me if you'd like more information.

^Agreed.

Judging by the size, Orion's first hill looks like it should be taken with a lot of speed.

Shouldn't judge by size! Size doesnt matter!

I really do think all the hate this ride has been getting from a segment of the community will disappear once people actually ride it. I love how it's looking so far. Really excited for 2020!

.... Shouldn't judge by size! Size doesnt matter!

That is NOT what she said.

... I really do think all the hate this ride has been getting from a segment of the community will disappear once people actually ride it. I love how it's looking so far. Really excited for 2020!

I agree with this. I too have a feeling once they ride it, all the ridiculous "#NotMyGiga" comments will stop.

I agree as well, I don't really understand all the hate Orion has been getting. I remember when Fury was announced five years ago, a lot of enthusiasts thought it looked underwhelming, and now the ride is almost universally praised. If Orion ends up being anything like Fury, it should be an amazing experience.

Oh there will be plenty that will give this ride no credit no matter what. Seems to be a lot of people who would rather not admit they were wrong than have fun, especially in this hobby.

Oh there will be plenty that will give this ride no credit no matter what. Seems to be a lot of people who would rather not admit they were wrong than have fun, especially in this hobby.

Well, if that would stop them riding these rides - good for me and all the other ones not giving a $h1t about these negative hypes!

It's heartbreaking to me that there is a percentage of "enthusiasts" who just want to s**t on anything unless its the tallest, fastest, most twisty whatever.

It's heartbreaking to me that there is a percentage of "enthusiasts" who just want to s**t on anything unless its the tallest, fastest, most twisty whatever.

Meh, to me it just means shorter queue times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meh, to me it just means shorter queue times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly as much as they b*tch they still come to the parks to ride!

There's no way to know how a coaster will ride until you ride it obviously, but if this thing is similar to Leviathan (which most people would put a few steps below Fury) it will still be amazing and probably the best ride at Kings Island in the minds of *most* people (I know some of you people are obsessed with Mystic Timbers).

Edited by coasterbill

"Heartbreaking." Easily triggered.

“Hannah Barb Bera” on Facebook

... bwahaha Okay Barb

I don’t get it....

Hanna Barbera cartoons, the owners of Flintstones and Jetsons among others, who the kiddie areas at the Paramount Parks were themed around pre-Cedar Fair.

I'm surprised no one is talking about this yet-

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Maybe if someone argues that Orion isn't technically a gee gee coaster the neighbors may be put at ease.