TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

If I heard correctly, 3 mile length? That seems huge! I must have misheard...Maybe 1.3 mile? Stream quality wasn't the best...

If 1.3 mile and assuming 5mph car speed, it will take 15min for each lap around.

Edited by Invertalon
  • Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get over it man.  You've made your point and we get it; it's silly that this park did not do a Winterfest-lite.  Make the 8 hour drive to KD if you want to experience that, just like all of us with KD

My visit this past weekend was great, even with Saturday being very busy and me missing out on FL until Sunday.    I went into Orion not having followed its construction or watched a POV or even

I went the weekend before last and wasn't going to do any sort of report or review, but with this discussion, I'll throw my hat in the ring. I thought Orion was fantastic.  Millennium Force is th

Posted Images

Here is the car that Mike Koontz rode in on for the announcement! Great way to announce them, and although they aren’t a coaster, I’m still very excited! 3 miles of driving path with a bridge and water effects. Sounds great! Anyone know how long the cars at CP are?

75C94265-A51B-4436-845C-6C8E4751878E.thumb.jpeg.88cff386c34eb12f4dca976239dfd523.jpeg

If I heard correctly, 3 mile length? That seems huge! Will be a nice, lengthy drive!

I'm pretty sure he MEANT to say 3 MINUTE.

That sounds far more plausible... Can't be 3 mile...

(5mph = 440 feet per minute)... 3 mile = 15840ft.... 15,840 / 440 = 36 minute ride!

3 minute ride = approx. 1,320ft ride track length.

Edited by Invertalon
I assume it’s following the Dinosaurs Alive path?

They didn’t say in so many words, but they described the location as going “under Racer” and that sounds like Dino’s Alive former locale.

EDIT: just asked and he said about 1300’ or about 3 minutes. He said roughly the same length as the former.

Edited by RAWKIN_coaster38

3 mile antique cars ride sounds sooo much more interesting, though! I'm cool with this, though I wish it was ready in time for this year's WinterFest. Would make for an especially nice "ride through the lights" attraction then.

I am kind of surprised there's a company that's still making these attractions.

Anyone remember the old antique cars when they transformed the ride into a haunt attraction during the Halloween event? I remember that being super cool with scareactors popping out along the path, banding on the roof of the car n stuff, super fun. I'd love to see them bring that back, especially if the ride path is through the wooded area where Dinosaurs used to be.

It's a quarter mile length, 3 minute journey. I watched a different stream that was clearer. It seems he stated 1/4 length and 3 mile journey, but meant to say 3 minutes.

Yes, that's confirmed on https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/rides/kings-mills-antique-autos

cars2.thumb.jpg.4b6569d8d66872f3f2ea3c14a33020ec.jpg

Kings Mills Antique Autos

Coming Spring 2019

Kings Island's most beloved attraction, the antique cars ride, is returning to the park in spring 2019. In the new Kings Mills Antique Autos family ride, guests will board replica classic touring cars and take a leisurely drive around a scenic track equipped with a small rail to keep the car on the path. The ride will be comparable to the original Les Taxis antique car ride, combining nostalgia with new enhancements.

Kings Mills Antique Autos will be located in Coney Mall, across from the Juke Box Café and alongside The Racer roller coaster. The ride will be a quarter mile in length and last approximately three minutes. The cars are 2/3 scale replicas of the 1911 Ford Model T; though all-new, they will retain the vintage feel of the original Les Taxis. The ride's name, as well as theming throughout the attraction, is expected to enhance the nostalgic experience for riders.

Are different opinions allowed over here?

I love these kind of rides and I think it'll be a good new ride for the park.

But the announcements and teasers were made to let down people. Not a fan of this advertisement.

The KI-related teaser posters going up at Cedar Point and elsewhere are obviously not for some hypothetical major 2019 attraction, and with no signs of construction at Kings Island right now, no one in their right mind ever thought that.

Edited by The Great Zo

But the announcements and teasers were made to let down people. Not a fan of this advertisement.

How? They didn't say anything about what was coming. Teaser are meant to be just that, a teaser. They should be taken with a grain of salt. If you were expecting a coaster I cant see how? We all know by now there would have been SOME type of ground activity if it were something major. If you are let down, you cant blame that on the park.

There will always be upset people no matter what is announced. The Antique Cars returning have been a rumor for over a year now and the teaser just played on nostalgia. I don't see anything wrong with it. Many people (well, at least outside of the GP realm) figured this could be it! Marketing is all about drawing attention, and it worked.

They teased an old attraction would become new again. Never said anything about something super big or a coaster. Simply an old attraction was returning. And they didn't lie.

They teased an old attraction would become new again. Never said anything about something super big or a coaster. Simply an old attraction was returning. And they didn't lie.

This. Only enthusiasts made this into a new coaster thing. The park delivered on exactly what they teased.

How can you NOT think of a coaster when reading a tweet like " "Tomorrow (8/16) is a big day in the amusement and theme park industry. It’s National Roller Coaster Day, which celebrates the king of the thrill rides."?

And of course, they didn't state in the teasers its going to be a coaster... because saying excactly what it is, is not really the point of a teaser.