TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My visit this past weekend was great, even with Saturday being very busy and me missing out on FL until Sunday.    I went into Orion not having followed its construction or watched a POV or even

I went the weekend before last and wasn't going to do any sort of report or review, but with this discussion, I'll throw my hat in the ring. I thought Orion was fantastic.  Millennium Force is th

I guess my tastes in coasters aren't that refined.... it goes 91 miles per hour and has a 300 foot drop. That's cool as sh*t. It also has tons of airtime, it's butter smooth, it hauls ass the entire t

Posted Images

^^^^Saturdays during Haunt were definitely a lot busier than Fridays and could get crazy, but I can't speak to FL+ being worth it or not for you guys. Are you trying to do all the Haunt mazes too?

I'm more curious as to what the shed will have in store.

Nothing was different when we rode MT a week ago. I think if they were going to change it, they would have marketed that. Maybe Timbers is too new this year but they will change it up during Haunt in the future when it's gotten more "old" to people.

Unlike Six Flags where you have a "home park" and discounts and special events or water parks are not alway included in your gold pass for other parks (and passes are different prices depending on the park), your Cedar Fair Platinum pass acts the same no matter what park you go to (they are also the same price at each park; well, technically cheaper in Canada which is why I renew there with my USD ) and all Platinum perks for each individual park page are good for all Platinum passes regardless of your "home park". So if haunt is an extra charge like at CW or Knott's, it will still cost extra, but if it's a free event with a gold/plat pass, then it is good for you too.

... though people sometimes are confused when they see my Leviathan pass because it's very unique to the chain and one older gentleman was giving me a hard time trying to get a discount saying it wasn't the right park until I kept telling him to just scan it, lol. You can always ask for a supervisor worst case...

^^^^Saturdays during Haunt were definitely a lot busier than Fridays and could get crazy, but I can't speak to FL+ being worth it or not for you guys. Are you trying to do all the Haunt mazes too?

Doing everything isn't ever really in our agenda. We just like to ride whatever we want whenever we want. The people we're going with are smart with their money. If we're not skipping a lot of time off of the lines, they'll likely be pretty unimpressed, to say the least... I just don't want there to be any moments of "Wtf we bought these $100 passes and wasted our money, because there are no lines."

I know it happens at Cedar Point, but has anyone ever been at Kings Island and had them sell out of fastlane passes?

I've seen it happen once while I was at the first year of Coasterstock. It was a super busy Saturday at the time.

Doing everything isn't ever really in our agenda. We just like to ride whatever we want whenever we want. The people we're going with are smart with their money. If we're not skipping a lot of time off of the lines, they'll likely be pretty unimpressed, to say the least... I just don't want there to be any moments of "Wtf we bought these $100 passes and wasted our money, because there are no lines."

From what you describe about them, I would just wait to see how the night goes before purchasing.

I'm planning to be there Friday night. Too bad I'll just miss you guys, but I can at least report how busy it is on Friday and hope it might be at least somewhat representative of Saturday night.

If anyone is going to haunt on a Friday and does not have an annual pass they have a pretty good deal this year. A $99.99 all inclusive ticket, you get admission, parking, a single meal, fastlane, and fright lane.

Just about every saturday haunt I have gone to the last 5-6 years has been stupid crowded in the evening. If weather is nice you can almost guarantee large crowds.

There is a possibility of me being at the park that day. If it happens I will not interrupt your day with random stranger meetup talk but rather point for a picture with you in the background if I see you.

I am a little confused, did a TV station in Orlando just accidentally announce Kings Islands 2018 attraction?

Check out this tweet.

A new bread of #RollerCoaster from #Orlando: Join us on @MyNews13 tonight inside @SkylineAttrax, w/ @KingsIslandPR & @sixflagsDK 2018 ride.

So is Kings Island getting a Skywarp? Any chance someone in the Orlando area watched the news or is there any chance it's possible to watch it on demand somehow? I checked the channels website and I do not see anything.

I am a little confused, did a TV station in Orlando just accidentally announce Kings Islands 2018 attraction?

Check out this tweet.

A new bread of #RollerCoaster from #Orlando: Join us on @MyNews13 tonight inside @SkylineAttrax, w/ @KingsIslandPR & @sixflagsDK 2018 ride.

So is Kings Island getting a Skywarp? Any chance someone in the Orlando area watched the news or is there any chance it's possible to watch it on demand somehow? I checked the channels website and I do not see anything.

I couldn't find anything either, but that seems like a pretty odd park to name by accident for an Orlando news station. And, honestly, it seems like a decent fit for KI.

It would be a weird personal twist of irony if my ex home park and my current home park both got a "first of its kind" ride in the same year. CGA announced Railblazer after SFFT announced its "first of its kind" 2018 addition, so if this is true, Cedar Fair trumps Six Flags again.

Starting to think this is poorly worded. I had forgotten Jeff Pike who is the president of Skyline attractions was the person who designed the layout for Mystic Timbers.

I just looked up his credits on RCDB, had no idea he designed so many awesome coasters.