TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

I've been hearing some vicious rumors going around about how Mystic Timbers may be trimmed this off-season. I found that to be a strange rumor as I don't know of any GCI's that have been trimmed and it doesn't seem to have the type of layout that would beat itself up. Anyone heard anything?

Mason Inn. Stay away from Mason Inn!

News for the guy who was inconvenienced by the gates at Banshee not working. They now open automatically when the train stops. You should not have any problems getting out of the station now. Terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

• 2 weeks later...

Would a Sunday in late September or a Sunday sometime in October be more busy? Debating when to use up the second day on my two-day ticket. (Also considering getting a Gold pass for a possible extra visit this year and all next season.)

Just wanted to say something about the whole rumor that Mystic could get trimmed. It would be the park's call, however though, GCI themselves mentioned the idea to the park as the mag brakes would wear out easily (thus overshooting and that is not fun to evacuate from because you cannot move SHIT). I will state hat there has already been about 50-75 feet of track that has already been replaced mostly because of the upstops.................so yeah it may beat itself to death lol.

Would a Sunday in late September or a Sunday sometime in October be more busy? Debating when to use up the second day on my two-day ticket. (Also considering getting a Gold pass for a possible extra visit this year and all next season.)

Sundays in the fall are rarely busy. If the weather is really nice, there will be some crowds; other than that, the place will be empty.

The rumor that is going around is they are replacing both Attitudes and the Coney Potato Works with a smokehouse restaurant similar to what was built in the water park for this year. No one is actually sure Attitudes is being torn down at this point, there is a belief it will just be gutted. There is a wood fence around both buildings but only the Potato Works has actually been torn down right now. Seems a little large for just a restaurant, Attitudes on its own is 100' x 100'. Total we are looking at around 100' by 170'.

I really don't know if Dinosaurs Alive at Kings Island is in the way of anything or sitting on any valuable real estate. I'd assume they're probably just closing it because it's not profitable enough to justify the staffing and maintenance it probably requires. As an added bonus, it's a brilliant place to put a Haunt Maze in future years. I wouldn't be surprised if they leave the store building there and everything and just use all of it for Haunt.

Honestly the most exciting part of this is that other parks may follow suit and (in some cases) open up some nice expansion room. This will probably start more rumors about the return of Paddlewheel Excursions at Cedar Point than rumors about a giga at Kings Island.

I really don't know if Dinosaurs Alive at Kings Island is in the way of anything or sitting on any valuable real estate. I'd assume they're probably just closing it because it's not profitable enough to justify the staffing and maintenance it probably requires. As an added bonus, it's a brilliant place to put a Haunt Maze in future years. I wouldn't be surprised if they leave the store building there and everything and just use all of it for Haunt.

Honestly the most exciting part of this is that other parks may follow suit and (in some cases) open up some nice expansion room. This will probably start more rumors about the return of Paddlewheel Excursions at Cedar Point than rumors about a giga at Kings Island.

Yeah, Kings Island could add about 10 gigas without removing anything. The dinosaurs are pretty cool, and we have to see them every time because my kids are cool and love dinosaurs. It seems, though, with every Cedar Fair park we go to, we're one of only a couple of families who go through that area. They're just not as popular as they were initially.

Edited by ytterbiumanalyst

I know dorneys will be closing after next season.

Awesome! I can't wait to see what they replace it with. That would be a great expansion pad for the park's next major addition like a haunt maze or another chicken tender stand.

Ain't that the truth.