TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

As for KI that is probably the best type of struggle to have. Having done Beast, Diamondback and Bat at night I'm going to have to fight how to fit Banshee and Timbers night rides in my visit.

Same here and loved all the Beast, Diamondback (without seat belts) and Bat night rides!

Looks like I'll have to find a babysitter for my kiddos who aren't tall enough and try to sneak in a bunch of rides or see if I can get multiple days at KI soon.

Same here and loved all the Beast, Diamondback (without seat belts)

Oooohhhh. But did you ride Beast without seatbelts, headrests, no brakes and WITH buzzbars? And it was stained red? Dats what I'm talking bout. Mmmmk.

Same here and loved all the Beast, Diamondback (without seat belts)

Oooohhhh. But did you ride Beast without seatbelts, headrests, no brakes and WITH buzzbars? And it was stained red? Dats what I'm talking bout. Mmmmk.

Hmmm. I rode it back in 1995, after Memorial Day weekend.

I remember being able to actually turn my body in the seat. No head rests. A lap bar.

And that dash through the woods after the first drop ---

And then I had the good fortune for our train to stop mid-way on 2nd lift ---

My fear of heights was still not done with me, back then. Very short time. But I panicked good.

A fun ride back then.

Well crap. Visiting KI for the first time next month and I never even thought about having to pick which coaster for night rides. I guess we definitely have to do a quick night visit the day before our main visit. Sunset is just before 9 each night and the park closes at 10.

p.s. First world problems

Edited by thedlr

I gotta be honest here...WHY WOULD YOU WAIT FOUR HOURS FOR THAT RIDE?!?!?! This is a pass holder preview night, so all of these people should be able to easily come back again another day!!! Go enjoy the rest of the park empty and ride the new ride some other time. It will be there for awhile!!!!

I gotta be honest here...WHY WOULD YOU WAIT FOUR HOURS FOR THAT RIDE?!?!?! This is a pass holder preview night, so all of these people should be able to easily come back again another day!!! Go enjoy the rest of the park empty and ride the new ride some other time. It will be there for awhile!!!!

ECACTLY!

We are enjoying the beast and other rides. We will hit the new coaster soon. The line for it is already shrinking.

Exactly, and it's been a while but I seem to remember every single other pass holder preview night at Kings island being exactly like this. I got there early for Diamondback grabbed on ride in like 30 minutes then hit everything else in the park as a walk on (that might have been opening day but same thing).

Mystic Timbers looks great......but I aint wait no 4 hours for it ever hahah. (says the guy who definitely waited 5 hours for Flight of Fear on it's opening day)

We just left and grabbed two rides on mystic timbers thanks to the spin and win games that give you front of line passes. We also ended up with two front of line passes for banshee. Rode racer and diamondback. Had a couple beers and really enjoyed ourselves... other than the insane crowds in the park lol.

Definitely won't do a pass holder preview night again, but this was still a fun time.

Mystic Timbers is fantastic! Showed up early this morning to beat the crowds and only ended up waiting 15 minutes for Mystic Timbers. This is a solid addition to the park. Lots of directional changes and tons of airtime! Had a blast!

It will be a STRUGGLE to pick night rides! Beast, Diamondback, Banshee, and Bat are all excellent night rides and now you throw Timbers into the mix. I'll have to pick a midnight closing and get a fast lane to hit em all.

Do what I did last year and go during Halloween season! Everything's a night ride! That was one of the best park trips I've had yet, I think.

OH MY GOD...Hall & Oates is in the shed!!!

Looks like a really great ride - sure hope that it will be properly maintained so that it will be a smooth ride for a long time to come.

Yeah...four hours though...yikes. Think we'll wait a while before we head down I-71 to ride this one.