TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

So, before we go any further, can I get a definitive answer on whether this is going to be a spoiler free thread, regarding #whatsintheshed? If not, I guess I will refrain from coming in here for the next 10 days, unfortunately... I'd love to hear reviews of the coaster itself, but if people simply can't resist spoiling it, then I'll just avoid checking in here for a little while...

Curiosity got the best of me, so I had to see what was in the shed. Won't give anything away on that front, but the ride itself looks like a lot of fun. Looking forward to it (and everything else!) on my inaugural visit to Kings Island this summer.

So as media day is winding down and the first rider event coming up later tonight I wanted to share this picture. As many of you know, I work at the park. Mystic Timbers to be exact and I'm also trying to get into the Industry. While some stuff has been going on, Adam House (pictured on the right) (lead designer for Great Coasters International) was kind enough to answer some of my questions that I had about how to get into the industry, some other GCI's that are new for this year and older ones from the past, asking who I post as on KICentral, on here as well and even taking this picture with me! So as everyone gets a ride on Mystic, I just want to say thank you Adam House for taking some time and answering some of my questions and showing me the right way to get into the industry!

925703961_AdamHousePicture.jpg.23ba92453f1349bc69fdf7ce23604b1f.jpg

I think Mystic Timbers is fantastic. It has tons of air time and never seems to slow down. The theming looks great and overall the ride is one of the best in the park. The shed is a fun ending and does add to the ride but did not deserve the level of marketing it received. I feel like the park should have spent more time marketing the ride as a whole or just the coaster.

The ride looks amazing! Much needed addition to Kings Island. A nice, smooth, and speedy modern wood coaster. Love it. Can't wait to get on it next month!

Also in regards to the shed... I think KI just out "Adventure Express"d Adventure Express.

Honestly though it was a great way to sell tickets, and isn't that what good amusement park marketing should do?