TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

If not any guesses? (I say it's a drop track a la Verbolten).

I still don't understand why this is such a popular guess. Verbolten pulls into the drop track quickly, drops, then launches. It fits perfectly in the ride. What would be the point of going through an entire brake run, going into the shed, dropping 10 feet only to be slowly raised back up, then slowly roll into the station?

I am really not sure how it could be done or if it is possible but I was thinking it might be interesting if you pulled in there and there was some kind of animations or animation that would go along with having the track shift,twist,shuffle in some way like the roots/branches were trying to take over the track. I believe my thought is way too elaborate for a wood coaster in a small space. Just something to talk about. only a couple of more weeks and I have a feeling it will be an ending similar to Adventure Express.

I am VERY excited to be taking three of my kids to KI on the 22nd of April to ride Mystic Timbers (and, everything else, as it'll be their first time there!), and think the ride looks awesome! However, while I also hope to not have the surprise of the shed spoiled, I am fairly certain that what is inside will be a "spooky" vine-themed either animatronic or video screen (or both) "scene" to cap of the ride's story. Why anybody is getting too excited that it will be anything else... Well, I'm not really sure...

I think the fact that the park has mostly stopped teasing the shed points to it being a huge disappointment for those who are expecting anything out of it. This seems likely:

I'm still gunning for a bunch of animatronic gardening tools.

Well the coaster is themed to an abandoned mine company, so having a drop at the end could still *potentially* work with the theme, but also would a haunted tree animatronic.

I also don't want it spoiled either way but I'll be there on Friday, so if all goes well I'll know on my first ride!

It's probably still not running at its top speed yet either. Imagine a full train on a 90 degree day in July once this thing is broken in. Can't wait!

I was thinking the same thing! This is an empty train in March and it's looking great. Very much looking forward to riding this in June.

I'll be honest, I ignored those videos for the very same reason. I just assumed that if there was anything of interest in them the thread would fill me in.

The fact that an actual media company shot it like that makes it even worse.

:x G@D D@MN IT! Why the f#(k do people video like that! It's completely unwatchable! The world doesn't see in portrait mode! We see landscape! Stop f#(king shooting video in portrait!

Sorry everyone. I lost my sh!t. I apologize.

Can you all ever forgive me?

NEVER! NEVER EVER!!!!

I don't watch videos that just don't look good. I can always see the same thing, filmed better, somewhere else (often filmed by TPR, which does great video.)

:x G@D D@MN IT! Why the f#(k do people video like that! It's completely unwatchable! The world doesn't see in portrait mode! We see landscape! Stop f#(king shooting video in portrait!

Sorry everyone. I lost my sh!t. I apologize.

Can you all ever forgive me?

NEVER! NEVER EVER!!!!

I don't watch videos that just don't look good. I can always see the same thing, filmed better, somewhere else (often filmed by TPR, which does great video.)

TPR makes the best videos out there.

If not any guesses? (I say it's a drop track a la Verbolten).

I still don't understand why this is such a popular guess. Verbolten pulls into the drop track quickly, drops, then launches. It fits perfectly in the ride. What would be the point of going through an entire brake run, going into the shed, dropping 10 feet only to be slowly raised back up, then slowly roll into the station?

I've heard that instead of a drop track, it'll be a rocking/rotating track. I don't know how credible this information is (heard it on a coaster podcast), but if it's true, that would definitely be unique.

I'm just hoping something better than the boring anti-climatic ending that they put on Adventure Express, because it looks like an amazing coaster and a similar type of flat ending would not entirely kill the whole thing but it would make it less desirable in a way.

^ I don't know how people just can't appreciate the 'wtf' moment of the ending on Adventure Express. My wife and I think it's hilarious.

Check out these videos from WEBN who where at the park yesterday.

Who the F*** is that tool? I would lay down on the train tracks if I had to hang out with that guy for an entire morning.

^ I don't know how people just can't appreciate the 'wtf' moment of the ending on Adventure Express. My wife and I think it's hilarious.

Check out these videos from WEBN who where at the park yesterday.

Who the F*** is that tool? I would lay down on the train tracks if I had to hang out with that guy for an entire morning.

I appreciate the ending of Adventure Express since it is all functional. I think it could be more, but its better than just having a traditional chain lift in a tunnel.

I'm right there with you! I love it! Can't wait to see what my kids think of it in less than a month when they experience it for the first time!