TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My visit this past weekend was great, even with Saturday being very busy and me missing out on FL until Sunday.    I went into Orion not having followed its construction or watched a POV or even

Get over it man.  You've made your point and we get it; it's silly that this park did not do a Winterfest-lite.  Make the 8 hour drive to KD if you want to experience that, just like all of us with KD

At the risk of veering off topic, people are just incredibly selective in what causes of death they choose to care about. People only care if it's high-profile, tragic accident, something new and scar

Posted Images

Yeah. I'd love to see more angles. The webcam is horrible in the lift area, and won't show anything further than the station. From my pov, the area hasn't changes in 3 weeks.

JZ, can you go to the park this weekend and get some better pictures of that crane from the Eifel Tower, or are you too busy? I'd love to see more than just the boom...

Yup! I'll be up after work tomorrow.

JZ, can you go to the park this weekend and get some better pictures of that crane from the Eifel Tower, or are you too busy? I'd love to see more than just the boom...

Yup! I'll be up after work tomorrow.

Thanks, I knew you wouldn't let me down

-James

Curious about that support by the train tracks being yellow, the rendering shows it (the start of the climb up the second hill) being gray, with the last yellow support being at the start of the first drop.

dbpulloutpr5.jpg.edeed80be589ed53e11e8f4cd2e0a2a5.jpg

Hmm, all those are GRAY in the rendering...

^ Well it IS just a rendering after all. I'm sure it's a pretty accurate representation of the ride, colors in the rendering aren't a huge deal, especially support colors and where exactly they change, although that is interesting...

-James Dillaman

Curious about that support by the train tracks being yellow, the rendering shows it (the start of the climb up the second hill) being gray, with the last yellow support being at the start of the first drop.

Just when I thought the nitpicking was out, they pull it back in.

And I will argue that those supports aren't gray. They're beige or tan.

MAJOR new progress! All photos from today are here: http://www.kiextreme.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=345

2008_0423KIseptember6th0049.jpg.18d9f4c6ea371c427417c8eb141286e4.jpg

First supports installed in the ravine. Nearing the bottom of the second hill, and a low support for the return run.

2008_0423KIseptember6th0046.jpg.8583522f4f0263120713d56d4f329877.jpg

Starting up the second hill

2008_0423KIseptember6th0023.jpg.e92461a58f4bcf35c1ab483289bab265.jpg

Bottom of the first drop support

2008_0423KIseptember6th0042.jpg.4a8781c39c240e6f27167efc1fd7230e.jpg

Big-ass crane

even though it's a european comany, the order is in the states (and the track fabricated there) so I would ssume pounds. It also seems a bit much for a single track piece to weigh 8 tonnes given that the box section track is hollow.