TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

This project looks more and more promising with each new photo. I feel like this is one of the more "overlooked" additions for 2017, and it looks to be shaping up to be one of the better additions. Can't wait for more updates, and I can't wait to try it out next season!!

This project looks more and more promising with each new photo. I feel like this is one of the more "overlooked" additions for 2017, and it looks to be shaping up to be one of the better additions. Can't wait for more updates, and I can't wait to try it out next season!!

Ditto. I'm planning on taking the last week of June off work and visiting Kings Island during my 2017 amusement park trip.

True story... People were saying this same thing after actual pictures of Storm Chaser started coming out, after ripping on the ride based on the animation. Yet, I thought SC looked great from the animation, and felt the same way about Mystic Timbers! People need to start trusting my intuition about these things!

I am going to be making a trip down to KI, taking my three oldest kids for their first time there, early in the season, and I can't wait to get on MT with them!

I'm a huge fan of wooden coasters, and I have really enjoyed all the GCIs I've ridden. I want to love Mystic Timbers, but I don't see any big hills after the lift hill, or any twisted turns that would get me all excited. In the recent interview with Adam House, he said this will be a crazy coaster, like Ghostrider and Gold Striker. Is there something I'm missing? I sure hope so. Thanks.

I find it hilarious that happened because it has caused enthusiasts to cry so much. It also benefitted me because I didn't have to wait in a long line of nerds to take my 3 year old on the ride after that happened.

I find it hilarious that happened because it has caused enthusiasts to cry so much. It also benefitted me because I didn't have to wait in a long line of nerds to take my 3 year old on the ride after that happened.

I would have shared your entertainment. I don't 'get' gliders.

They are fun and I enjoy them but it because a bit of an annoyance when you have 50 nerds waiting in the kiddie area for one ride when you're there with you kid. I get why people enjoy them but I enjoyed watching everyone cry

Anyone who can "snap too hard" on a Larson Flyer deserves an award.

Agreed! I have yet to to figure out how to snap one of these Larson models.

Also, I find it interesting that Carowinds not only allows snapping but actually makes a competition out of it.

Most of them suck which may be why you don't get them. There are some that you can snap with some skill like the ones at Kings Dominion or Carowinds (though I don't like to ride the ones at Carowinds since they're in the kids area so as adults we don't want to take up 2 flyers on a low capacity ride).

If you get the chance to go to Knoebels, try those out. Otherwise it's not really worth wasting your time with them, especially stupid Larson models or models in kids areas marketed as kiddy rides.

(though I don't like to ride the ones at Carowinds since they're in the kids area so as adults we don't want to take up 2 flyers on a low capacity ride).

Otherwise it's not really worth wasting your time with them, especially stupid Larson models or models in kids areas marketed as kiddy rides.

Thank you.