TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

Looks like station work is about to begin! I have a feeling you'll get nice up close and personal with the train as the loading platform is on the left side of the train tracks, facing Diamondback. (Judging by the animated shed that was shown).

-

Also for what's in the shed. It will be fun. (Isn't everything at ki)

IMG_4144.thumb.JPG.7fa5566a01afa7623654af0dfb6bd60f.JPG

Photo cred to the parks Twitter (@KingsIslandpr)

It's a joke, dude, don't get too wrung-up about it.

Which of those 2 ridiculous things was the joke? Or were they both jokes? You're quite the jokester.

Looks like the sarcasm train skipped us both on this one. My original comment was mocking the common belief that vertical construction means everything. Although yes, while neither ride is behind schedule at this point, KI does seem to have much more vertical construction finished, while BG seems to be focusing more on the tunnels and station. Between that and the fence-sitting RMC Mean Streak, only time will tell if any of these open on, behind, or ahead of time.

Boldikus metioned on the Dutch Wonderland thread that he thinks its gonna be an unloading platform.

Relax bud, I was being facetious. Unless there's like strippers and beer in the shed, I could care less.

^All i have to say s, the new GM worked at the park during Paramount days in the Finance department..............................we may not be in for some good rides to come in the next couple of years folks

Time for Son Of Beast 2.0! All asides joking congrats to everyone who got a promotion!

I still think Banshee is one of the more beautiful coasters out there

I agree. It's definitely one of my most favorite to look at and watch cycle. The awesome logo, the mild themeing, the Banshee cry before the drop, and the B&M roar really give this coaster some personality.

Why didn't I hear the banshee cry

I'm sorry but this gave me the biggest laugh I've had in the last two days. Granted I haven't been laughing that much and I'm not sure why this in particular tickled me but thank you sir.

I still think Banshee is one of the more beautiful coasters out there

I agree. It's definitely one of my most favorite to look at and watch cycle. The awesome logo, the mild themeing, the Banshee cry before the drop, and the B&M roar really give this coaster some personality.

Compared to the other coasters in the park, I think Banshee gives the biggest "big boy coaster" vibe out of them all from its sound, speed, and intensity. Not to mention the sheer size of it all.

Video (screenshots from the video) creds to the parks instagram.

IMG_4175.PNG.53d651daf46aa8dab5fcf4f295875091.PNG

Lift is done! and curious as to why the drop, and prelift have what looks to be anti rollbacks.

IMG_4176.PNG.80511a3a3ffb39d76b93cc417ce74e6b.PNG

Turn over lift is taking shape

IMG_4177.PNG.22851a9aec7b42d8b990c5a6b75e6c18.PNG

Plummeting down towards white water reservoir

IMG_4178.PNG.e04ef2770b2079fce56ffe53ccf5c460.PNG

Looking out towards white water

IMG_4179.PNG.eceb10883332831ad94afa5c45f09072.PNG

honsetly have no idea where this is lol

They aren't anti-rollbacks because they're in the wrong direction, but I would agree that it's their track construction guide. I think they'll install two planks side by side as Cedar Fair did with Gold Striker, and what they've added on many other of their wood coasters now.