TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

Was at the park today. Not too busy due to rain but I noticed along with Thunder Canyon being closed...which we knew would happen...the entire area in front of The Beast was roped off with a big "Area Closed" sign. Does anyone know if the Beast closure was just today for mechanical or is it also down for Mystic Timbers construction for the rest of the season?

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you're missing Just a few syllables here To write a haiku

At the risk of veering off topic, people are just incredibly selective in what causes of death they choose to care about. People only care if it's high-profile, tragic accident, something new and scar

My visit this past weekend was great, even with Saturday being very busy and me missing out on FL until Sunday.    I went into Orion not having followed its construction or watched a POV or even

Posted Images

Was at the park today. Not too busy due to rain but I noticed along with Thunder Canyon being closed...which we knew would happen...the entire area in front of The Beast was roped off with a big "Area Closed" sign. Does anyone know if the Beast closure was just today for mechanical or is it also down for Mystic Timbers construction for the rest of the season?

They haven't announced anything about Beast... I would assume it's just a mechanical issue. Sucks it was closed all day though.

The great thing about our hobby, is that it's all based on people's personal opinions, and is subjective, not objective... But anybody saying anything is better than Fury is definitely wrong!

The great thing about our hobby, is that it's all based on people's personal opinions, and is subjective, not objective... But anybody saying anything is better than Fury is definitely wrong!

Your wrong to. Maverick eat fury for breakfast and poops it all over intimidator 232

Your wrong to. Maverick eat fury for breakfast and poops it all over intimidator 232

You do realize that my comment was meant as humorous, right? Hence, the winkie... Neither of us is wrong, in actuality!

You do realize that my comment was meant as humorous, right? Hence, the winkie... Neither of us is wrong, in actuality!

No, someone must be right... How dare you think that 2 people with different views are right... Maverick > Fury but for real, Maverick is my #1, Fury my #2.

With KI being my home park along with KK now, I'm excited for the new coaster! I have always enjoyed GCI, I look forward to checking it out.

Edited by PVA62

I think we're all pretty much in agreement. To me, I've always struggled comparing for ranking purposes Maverick with coasters like Fury and MF, because they're so different. As such, I basically consider them all #1, essentially, though I definitely prefer Fury to MF (which is easier to compare.) Maverick is so, so good though!

Ok, we've successfully gotten off the topic of KI here! Back to KI talk, thanks for the construction report John Peck!

I watched In the Loop's interview with Adam House of GCI, and he said that some of GCI's coasters are family rides, while others, like Ghostrider and Gold Striker, were wild and crazy. He said that Mystic Timbers will also be wild and crazy, but in the video I've seen, it doesn't look that way to me. I'm hoping that there's more to it than what we know about it so far. Thoughts?

Quick question for the locals, in October during the Halloween event it looks like the park is open 11am to 7pm on Sundays, are the houses open on Sundays or is it just rides only without the Halloween event stuff running?

Also, during the Halloween event is Fast Lane the same price or are there different levels of Fast Lane available for the rides and the mazes?

We're planning a trip in October and it doesn't look like any of the Halloween info is available on the website yet.

Quick question for the locals, in October during the Halloween event it looks like the park is open 11am to 7pm on Sundays, are the houses open on Sundays or is it just rides only without the Halloween event stuff running?

Also, during the Halloween event is Fast Lane the same price or are there different levels of Fast Lane available for the rides and the mazes?

We're planning a trip in October and it doesn't look like any of the Halloween info is available on the website yet.

Sundays there are no haunted houses open. Sundays are great for riding the coasters as there are usually no lines. Friday is great for Haunts + Rides and you likely won't need a FL. I'm sure it wouldn't take much research to see when the local high school prom nights are - go during those weekends. FL for Haunt is cheaper than the attractions FL, but I'm 99% sure the Haunt FL is only valid 1 per haunt, you know the hole punch per haunt style.

Gotcha, thanks for the info. Our date are pretty much set on the weekend of Oct. 21st, just not sure what day we would be going yet. We do have little kids so we're trying to figure out some combination of day time and hour with and night without kids so we'll see.

It looks like that weekend is the 10K/Half marathon at the park, any idea what kind of additional crowd that brings on a Sunday?

Fright Lane tends to vary from Friday night to Saturday night. If you go on a Friday night and are lucky enough to catch the local high schools (Mason, Kings, Little Miami) with home football games, typically you can get through the majority of the haunted houses. Saturday nights are crazy and without Freight Lane, is almost impossible to get through all of the houses.

It is a hole punch method like mentioned in an earlier post, you get fright lane for each haunted house one time, with the option of a "free one", that way you can go back and choose which ever house you want to do a second time.

My wife and I go every Friday night, and almost always buy fright lane, mainly because we both like to move as quick as we can due to baby sitter restrictions.

Also, an added value with Freight Lane is the golden key that comes with it, which gives you access to secret rooms in select haunted houses. Not anything major that you would miss out on, but a nice addition for sure.

Sunday's during the haunt are great unless your kids are Planet Snoopy age. Planet Snoopy on Sundays in the fall usually are ridiculously crowded while rides like Diamondback are walk ons. They usually have trick or treating with Dinasours for the kids and Soak City has some Halloween activities for young kids.

My wife and I go every Friday night, and almost always buy fright lane, mainly because we both like to move as quick as we can due to baby sitter restrictions.

As someone who has worked various MN haunts for the past 6/7 years, I thank you for leaving your kids at home so you don't complain later about us scaring your kids.

As someone who has worked various MN haunts for the past 6/7 years, I thank you for leaving your kids at home so you don't complain later about us scaring your kids.

I, as well worked at Halloween Haunt at Kings Island for a couple of years. I could not believe the ages of the children that parents were bringing through the houses, and like you said, would get mad at us for them being scared.

What are Labor Days at KI like? Planning on stopping in on the way back to Cleveland from Dollywood.

Almost any holiday/holiday weekend is crazy busy at Kings Island. However, there is always the option of buying a fast lane pass, which would allow you to get on more rides than if you chose to wait out the lines with the rest of the crowd.

What are Labor Days at KI like? Planning on stopping in on the way back to Cleveland from Dollywood.

Almost any holiday/holiday weekend is crazy busy at Kings Island. However, there is always the option of buying a fast lane pass, which would allow you to get on more rides than if you chose to wait out the lines with the rest of the crowd.

I know the weekend is but how about the actual day of Labor day? If CP is any indication, CP is always pretty empty. Wondering if KI is the same way.

I know the weekend is but how about the actual day of Labor day? If CP is any indication, CP is always pretty empty. Wondering if KI is the same way.

Wish I had a better answer for you, typically I stay away from the park on holidays or the weekends surrounding the holiday. I do know, Kings Island has dollar days going on that weekend (2-5), where you get hot dogs, pizza, ice cream, and other options for only a dollar. Which could help with an increase in traffic within the park.

Less then 1 hour till the next announcement, can't wait to see what they have planned!

I'm really hoping to hear that they are going to bring back Winterfest, although I don't think that will be the announcement. Hopefully, we end up with something more than the Dodgems like Dorney picked up.