TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

I personally feel like relating anything to SOB would not be positive for the park. The GP knows all to well the woes of that coaster. And as I've stated before, I don't think KI will ever have an inverting wooden coaster again. "Wooden Coaster that goes upside down" would cause too much back lash from the public because of the SOB less than stellar run.

I personally feel like relating anything to SOB would not be positive for the park. The GP knows all to well the woes of that coaster. And as I've stated before, I don't think KI will ever have an inverting wooden coaster again. "Wooden Coaster that goes upside down" would cause too much back lash from the public because of the SOB less than stellar run.

What if they called it "Bride Of The Beast"?

What if they called it "Bride Of The Beast"?

Well, I guess that I could get down with lol

Judging by the leaked blueprints of the new coaster, I'm almost positive it'll be a GCI. Although KI doesn't really need a new woodie, it's a GCI, so it'll most likely be pretty fun.

Welcome to TPR.

I don't see why they wouldn't want a new wooden coaster. They two they have are ~40 years old.

Also, Cedar Point has the big steel coasters, and KI just built Banshee. Meanwhile, Holiday World has some world-class wooden coasters, and is close enough for visitors in the area to make comparisons. I can almost guarantee they pay attention to what Holiday World does from a business perspective. It's good to know your competition.

^Imma just wait for nicman to come and say how much more CW makes than KI and how it deserved Leviathan or whatever

I do think KI will get a giga eventually. A GCI sort of fills the ejector airtime void but not really. Thunderhead's airtime is only barely above floater though powerful.