TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

Honestly and personally (because i work at the log flume) I really do think that the log flume will live to see another year. One of the stakes on the employee path says "Clear Land" but its closer to the train tracks than it is to the log flume. I really do hope sometime soon they decide to add the spraying coconuts and the water spitting snake or something along that back into the ride because like It's boring with just snoopy................ On the matter of under the train bridge, as i was working it yesterday i looked under the trestle and sure enough there's tree demolition, but no markers from what i saw.

Honestly and personally (because i work at the log flume) I really do think that the log flume will live to see another year. One of the stakes on the employee path says "Clear Land" but its closer to the train tracks than it is to the log flume.

Great news. Hopefully you turn out to be right.

Double post, but here's my concept based on the leaked layout.

This is a speedy, ground-hugging woodie that lasts roughly 45 seconds from the top of the lift to the brakes. It doesn't look overly intense, but it is very tight and twisty, and would make for a nice mid-size coaster for the park. I placed the coaster where I think it would go in the park (pardon the other unfinished coasters LOL). I think the lift hill would run roughly parallel to the train station while the bulk of the layout would run parallel to Diamondback.

Stats:

About 105 feet tall

Just under 3,000 feet long

Top speed of 51 mph

The ride features 15 airtime moments, and a 90 degree banked turnaround.

PLEASE NOTE: I do not claim that this is what Kings Island will be getting in 2017. It is a rough concept based purely on what has been leaked so far. For all we know those plans may not even be legit, but for now, enjoy this concept. I'd be pretty stoked if we got something similar to this.

screenshot-2016-06-13-00-29-06.thumb.png.5448de9a5a48b6642303240dc52aa4bc.png

screenshot-2016-06-13-03-09-32.thumb.png.145f34c89eb0ef61905a3d832ec7a47a.png

Edited by SFOGdude25

Kings Island is a better park that Cedar Point.

I'm dead serious.

Not in my mind. The coaster discrepancy is too great. Maverick, Dragster, and Millennium are all better than the best coaster at Kings Island.

Still won't pass up many trips to Kings Island, it is also a great park.

The video was awesome, but I think I finally figured out why I'm really not that into GCI. The rapid succession of bunny hop after bunny hop after element after bunny hop, etc, etc, etc, just doesn't do it for me. I think I favor the gradual flow of elements as opposed to the crazy out of control "which way are we going to go next" layouts. I prefer the slower paced setup/element/follow through: rinse/wash/repeat transitions where one element sets up another, and so on. I feel like it allows me more time to relax and enjoy the experience, which is why I could take endless laps on Diamondback and Banshee. The several GCI's I've been on were fun, but they didn't really call to me for rerides.

That said, I was initially in denial about this coaster fitting with the park and area, but I'm over it. I think it would make a really nice addition and would attract a lot of younger riders. If positioned correctly, it could look really nice in the area. Here's to hoping the flume stays.

Well, I've heard great things about Prowler at WOF, so by the looks of this 'leaked layout', if this ends up being anything like that, I think it will be an excellent addition to the park and will certainly round out their collection a bit.

Well, I've heard great things about Prowler at WOF, so by the looks of this 'leaked layout', if this ends up being anything like that, I think it will be an excellent addition to the park and will certainly round out their collection a bit.

I really liked Prowler, and anything similar to that would be a great addition to any park.

^Thanks for your hard work. It really helps me "visualize" what could be going there and gives me a frame of reference to start with.

Is there a chance we are looking at that GCI-esque layout wrong, and that instead it runs parallel to the log ride? I'm trying to use Prowler as a scale model and it almost seems like it fits better orientated that direction.

Here's a mock-up I did before really scrutinizing scales.

13432386_10209712572715825_5417512657236310080_n.jpg?oh=0880465836064c773f03b6c28ca470ce&oe=580F9E98

I tried that originally but when I scaled that by placing the station over another one it was way too small. The ride is much bigger than it appears in that mockup.

A lot bigger. I figured it out last night but thought I was wrong so never posted a picture. I will post the picture this evening but I am pretty confident I figured it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBa9SeOJxEw

That video shows more of the layout page including a north arrow. The top of the layout is north already. Basically when I scaled it figuring that it was already turned correctly it mostly lines up with the clearing and ends up being larger than you would think. The southern tip of the coaster will be close to the treeline by the power lines. The section where the coaster looks like it is turning around something north of where the layout says Zone 3 is next to the turn on Diamondback. The line between sections 1A and 1B plus the line between sections 2 and 3 are the train tracks. At least this is the only way it makes sense to me now.