TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

I'd been expecting Kings Island's waterpark to add the trapdoor waterslides at some point since those are starting to become the norm among waterparks nowadays. The new parking toll booth is also a nice addition because the current ones are pretty small considering how big the park is.

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get over it man.  You've made your point and we get it; it's silly that this park did not do a Winterfest-lite.  Make the 8 hour drive to KD if you want to experience that, just like all of us with KD

My visit this past weekend was great, even with Saturday being very busy and me missing out on FL until Sunday.    I went into Orion not having followed its construction or watched a POV or even

I went the weekend before last and wasn't going to do any sort of report or review, but with this discussion, I'll throw my hat in the ring. I thought Orion was fantastic.  Millennium Force is th

Posted Images

So, the same slide complex that was installed at Worlds of Fun and Dorney Park.

Looks good, but it's a little anticlimactic.

I feel like it will be a good, popular addition, but when I heard it announced I was like, "That's it?" They definitely could have had another small addition, similar to what Darien Lake did this year (One wet, one wild promo).

If you're interested in learning more about the eventual changes to Western Row, Columbia Road, and Kings Island Drive, here's a website to check out.

The Columbia Road relocation project is going to begin this winter, but it will be a couple years before the full I-71 interchange and realignment along Western Row is complete.

I'm thoroughly convinced that ODOT is never going to stop construction throughout Cincinnati. They just finished up Pfeiffer, and we still have MLK, Fields-Ertel, and most of I-75 to finish... The horrific bottlenecks just keep shuffling around and are never relieved!

Anyway, I'm pleased that Soak City is getting more slides. It feels so spread out and underdeveloped as a waterpark. I suppose it has a lot of slides but most of its' towers are very small and outdated. I'm kind of surprised people actually believed Racer was going anywhere, I think Don Helbig would chain himself to it if management ever said they were taking it out!

Just wait until they finally decide to do the Brent Spence Bridge replacement how bad things are going to get for a while. Now it make take piece of crap bridge collapsing and killing people before they fix it but it will happen eventually.

Hey, planning on being at the park October 9-12th , does the park still function regularly during Halloweekends? My dad said he saw something that seemed like only a handful of attractions would be open which didn't sound accurate especially since we have been to Carowinds for Halloweekends and all the rides were running.

Congo Falls and White Water Canyon (whos exit is a haunt) are closed for Haunt. Race for your life Charlie Brown (where i work), stays open with Planet Snoopy, but depending on if Management decides to keep us open during Haunt hours, the ride closes at 5 PM.

I'm glad to hear that because I was about to ask about the flume. There's no reason for a log flume to close in October like the other water rides. You still get plenty of hot days and while you may not want to get soaked, a standard log flume is perfect.

We were looking into going to KI on the first weekend of October, but we couldn't find any fast lane options. Does KI not sell (non haunt related) fast lane passes during the haunt?

Edit: I just did it myself and it let me purchase fast lane plus for the first weekend in Oct. My wife must have messed something up.

I'm confused. Where's all the talk of Kings Island getting a giga coaster in 2017 coming from?

Enthusiast speculation? It's been talked about since Banshee opened. I think a Giga coaster is the next logical option, just not in 2017.

If you've seen Diamondback's line and ridership numbers, you'd think that's where they're headed.

And not that it means much or anything but KI is now the biggest park in the CF chain that can have a giga but doesn't.

If you've seen Diamondback's line and ridership numbers, you'd think that's where they're headed.

And not that it means much or anything but KI is now the biggest park in the CF chain that can have a giga but doesn't.

I'm guessing 2019.

We'll see. The time between DB and Banshee was five years but the park was in need of a substantial replacement for Son of Beast. Could have changed things in ways we don't know. 2017 or 2018 wouldn't surprise me.

Toss Knotts in that mix, but that's going to be a rumor forever. Even if Knotts were to get a Giga coaster, there would still be Giga coaster rumors floating around

We'll see. The time between DB and Banshee was five years but the park was in need of a substantial replacement for Son of Beast. Could have changed things in ways we don't know. 2017 or 2018 wouldn't surprise me.

There's zero percent chance of 2017 or 2018. 2019 at the earliest.

Honestly. I've talked to supervisors at rides I've worked at about this and one has said that Congo falls will be on its way out in one to two years and they're going to put in a giga in its place along with a new entrance. Personally I can't see another coaster going in near banshee and action Zone. But time will tell. And for those who don't believe my sources (workers) I was told by a supervisor from train in June that we where getting watersides. And it turned out to be true. ...

Honestly. I've talked to supervisors at rides I've worked at about this and one has said that Congo falls will be on its way out in one to two years and they're going to put in a giga in its place along with a new entrance. Personally I can't see another coaster going in near banshee and action Zone. But time will tell. And for those who don't believe my sources (workers) I was told by a supervisor from train in June that we where getting watersides. And it turned out to be true. ...

I actually believe you on this one.

I think a Giga coaster is the next logical option, just not in 2017.

I agree 100%. I think a Giga coaster is the next logical option for Kings Island, I too agree it won't be in 2017. Maybe 2018? However we could be surprised!! Maybe 2017 will have a Giga in store for us!

I'm going to assume that the next big attraction KI adds will include an entrance renovation like Carowinds and CP, Kings Island might have the ugliest entrance for any park in the United States and desperately needs updating.

Personally I'd prefer an Intamin giga over a B&M, but a B&M is probably much more likely.

really I do not understand how anyone would want a giga coaster when there is a mega coaster. I can understand that Carowinds intimidator that sucks or canada's wonderland that put leviathan as evidence (and I expect behemoth leaving for other parks), but not kings island where diamondback does its job very well.

and everyway: I am against this philosophy cedar fair, there are many types of coaster and their puntanto on: there have longer, taller and bigger. bleah