TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

Anyone know if there are assigned seating on Banshee when in the Fast Lane line?

When I went last summer, we were able to go where we wanted. I can't remember if there was an employee assigning rows or not, but usually at KI they were friendly enough to let us request a row if polite. That said, we didn't ask for the front, so I'm not sure how strict they are.

Anyone know if there are assigned seating on Banshee when in the Fast Lane line?

When I went last summer, we were able to go where we wanted. I can't remember if there was an employee assigning rows or not, but usually at KI they were friendly enough to let us request a row if polite. That said, we didn't ask for the front, so I'm not sure how strict they are.

They were assigning everyone to a row when I was there on opening day last year. When I returned on a dead Sunday in october they were doing it again close to when the park opened that day, but then let people go into a row of their own choosing for the rest of the day. I'm guessing it all depends on the level of crowds for that given day.

It also depends on the person. I know for a fact i dealt with a kid that couldn't handle a little bit of power. when the ride was walk on he assigned me a row and i said no one is here do you mind if we go to the back. he said in fact did mind and we were to go to the row we assigned. We just kind of chuckled and said okay. when we went to get on we asked one of the other ride operators if they cared and moved to the row we wanted since there was a total of 8 people on the ride.

Other ride attendants told me that they will grant people their wishes as long as the lines don't block people coming into the station.

It also depends on the person. I know for a fact i dealt with a kid that couldn't handle a little bit of power. when the ride was walk on he assigned me a row and i said no one is here do you mind if we go to the back. he said in fact did mind and we were to go to the row we assigned. We just kind of chuckled and said okay. when we went to get on we asked one of the other ride operators if they cared and moved to the row we wanted since there was a total of 8 people on the ride.

Other ride attendants told me that they will grant people their wishes as long as the lines don't block people coming into the station.

This.

I'll admit in my youngest days of ride operations my misguided sense of power hurt me a couple times. However, I soon realized that in cases like this it doesn't hurt anything to deviate from the "standard" operating procedure (and I realized how my power as a ride operator wasn't all that cracked up to be). Even if granting a seat request on any ride results in an unoccupied seat and no other guests seem to care about it, why should I care? It's all about the guests in the end, unless somehow their safety is at risk if the seats aren't properly assigned.

Just drove by the park and there was a giant crane working on the lift hill. Hopefully this weekend or next it will open.

The lift hill of what?

I believe they are referring to Invertigo. The lift cable snapped/broke recently.

Coming out here this year, I am meeting a friend of mine who lives just over the border in Kentucky, he is wondering when to take off.

Any suggestions on when, both time of year and days, are best for this park?

Superhero Sunday - Cancelled

The event planned for this sunday was suddenly canclled. I wonder what happened?

Event cancelled.

Due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the park's control, the appearance by the Marvel characters scheduled for this Sunday, April 26 has been cancelled.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We hate to disappoint our guests but thank you for your loyalty and understanding.

^ NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My day has be ruined lol. Hopefully the (not so headbanging) Invertigo will be up soon. Id say maybe early to late May we'll see it running? I'm currently at the park waiting for my class to start and I walked around at 10 to get some pics. They coney mall sign HAS been removed. Also the old location of flight commander has a couple set of lights and some wooden crates placed on it. I think they where testing Invertigo. The train is a little out of the station and heading into the cobra roll.

image.thumb.jpg.e77fa214c6410981b38d3f4d11800469.jpg

Invertigo seemed to be testing during the week

image.thumb.jpg.a985e1034ffd35a72b301024489917bb.jpg

Flight commander

I visited KI on a Saturday in 2013 (granted it was July, not May, but still), and I really regret not getting FL/FLP. I was intending to save a little money, but in retrospect, it was a poor decision. I'd just go ahead and budget it in, it'll make the day much more enjoyable.

^honestly for it being a wendsday when your going sir, I honestly recommend you save your money because the lines will be very non existent. The only people that would be down there are middle/high schools (maybe) and grown adults.

I just wanted to point out that there are making two pathways near the crypt building. I can't get any pics but you can see them on diamondback

^ I get that but we are also shooting for 50 plus coaster rides that day. Is there a chance to marathon Banshee and get in 20 rides on it without FL+? Banshee is about my only concern if we can get in a bunch of rides. Two years ago when we were there around the same time we certainly didn't need a FL. Everything in the park was a walk on. One of the guys going this year absolutely loves inverts so we will be getting as many rides as possible on Banshee.

^ I get that but we are also shooting for 50 plus coaster rides that day. Is there a chance to marathon Banshee and get in 20 rides on it without FL+? Banshee is about my only concern if we can get in a bunch of rides. Two years ago when we were there around the same time we certainly didn't need a FL. Everything in the park was a walk on. One of the guys going this year absolutely loves inverts so we will be getting as many rides as possible on Banshee.

The line for banshee moves very fast. Even if the line is half full(it probably will not even be that on the day you go), I would not plan on waiting more than 15-20 min. If I were you, I would hold off on buying it until you get to the park that day to read the crowd levels first.