TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

Does Dropzone still play Right Now by Van Halen when you start to go up? JW casue i know Cedar Fair got rid of everything Paramount but idk if they kept that. I barely ride Dropzone so idk bout it

I'm not sure if it plays the actual song, but I do seem to recall it having some music not that long ago.

I went this past summer, and yes, it still plays. Great song!

Does Dropzone still play Right Now by Van Halen when you start to go up? JW casue i know Cedar Fair got rid of everything Paramount but idk if they kept that. I barely ride Dropzone so idk bout it

I'm not sure if it plays the actual song, but I do seem to recall it having some music not that long ago.

I went this past summer, and yes, it still plays. Great song!

I just remembered too that they play a mix of Nirvana, Metallica, Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam (maybe some other bands to) back in the qeuve for the bat!

Count me as a fan of that book as well. Never got to read the second one though.

There was a second one? I hope they called it "Son of Beast".

And yes I do remember that book and I remember liking it. Is that the one where the coaster transported everyone to "Firelight park" or something like that?

Count me as a fan of that book as well. Never got to read the second one though.

There was a second one? I hope they called it "Son of Beast".

Sure was. Unfortunately it's no reference to SOB.

619J9A6D3GL.jpg.3cb0c3702ddbcbba4a52ddd0ed798c60.jpg

And yes I do remember that book and I remember liking it. Is that the one where the coaster transported everyone to "Firelight park" or something like that?

Correct.

Hahaha, I read both of these Beast books several times when I was a kid. When I rode Beast for the first time in 2013, I jokingly was wondering if I was somehow going to be mysteriously transported back to the past.

The trim is removed from Banshee!

Posted on October 11th 2014

Did anyone else notice this at the end of last year? I feel like it's a pretty big topic but no one really commented on it. Bringing it up again because I saw people talking about Banshee with a trim in the Fury 325 thread.

Yeah, I remember seeing the brake when I went on it, but it definitely didn't trim us at all. Given B&M's lack of intense roller coasters recently, maybe they put the trim on in case people complained about the intensity, but decided it wasn't necessary when the reaction to the intensity was so positive.

I'm not trying to say its a coaster, because I do not think it is. The timing seems really odd to start work on a flat that you could easily prep for and install after the season. I think it may be for something besides a ride. Maybe green space (at least this year).

I'm glad they're finally doing something in that area. It was starting to turn into a dump ever since they made the whole area a smoking section.

Under Paramount it was pretty cool with the movie artifacts but it truly became a big dead space after CF came along. I'm glad that this area is getting some attention.

Maybe ki might get a wild mouse or something? That space is big enough for one.

Are you joking...?

Enjoy and be grateful for Banshee while waiting patiently for the next coaster in 2018.

He didn't say KI needed a coaster, he just said it's big enough for a Wild Mouse. He isn't asking for it to be a roller coaster.