TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get over it man.  You've made your point and we get it; it's silly that this park did not do a Winterfest-lite.  Make the 8 hour drive to KD if you want to experience that, just like all of us with KD

My visit this past weekend was great, even with Saturday being very busy and me missing out on FL until Sunday.    I went into Orion not having followed its construction or watched a POV or even

I went the weekend before last and wasn't going to do any sort of report or review, but with this discussion, I'll throw my hat in the ring. I thought Orion was fantastic.  Millennium Force is th

Posted Images

I can definitely see a giga coming to Kings Island. They have the popularity, the draw, and most importantly... a butt-ton of space to build it. Given the recent CF trend, I think we can practically expect one from B&M... no matter how much I'd like to see one from Intamin.

I'm still standing by my previous statements that a terra coaster through the woods back there would be epic, so here's to hoping that happens.

Posso sicuramente vedere un giga venire a Kings Island.

No absolutely not. Diamondback and more than enough

Cedar Fair has already thrown enough money in fury 325 and leviathan

^ um. honestly i think cedar fair is trying to get parks like Canada's Wonderland and Carowinds coasters that they needed. After all Cedar Fair does like to break records sometimes. Plus you have to remember if the GP wants something more thrilling and unique the park does go with different ideas and sometimes its a good thing to try something different. Honestly I really do t see how you can say diamondback banshee fury and leviathan are all wastes of money. They have brought really good attendance since they have been put in

I can see the next KI coaster project being a Giga Coaster in 2017/2018. I would also expect it to be a B&M. The annual attendance (3.3 million) would justify the cost. Increasing competition is becoming more evident so they will want something to help pull people back to Ohio.

^ I know the Beast is a popular ride and is still the worlds longest wooden roller coaster after 35 years, i can see Cedar Fair and KI not wanting to to touch the beast but your right, thats ALOT of track and land they can have RMC play around with. I just dont want a legend to go away.

RMC and their stuff is awesome, but that would cause quite the uproar and would be almost sacrilegious to the Coaster enthusiasts out there if they were to do that. I think there would be a lot of unhappy people and negative backlash if they were to let RMC redo The Beast.

I could live with some topper track, assuming no modifications are made to the layout. Anything else would be a crime.

An interesting question is what Son of Beast's fate would have been if RMC was as big then as they are now. However, given that Mean Streak is still it's old Dinn self, I don't necessarily imagine anything different would have been done.

I cannot honestly see Beast becoming a RMC attraction. Sure, the effects would be amazing, but The Beast is a classic woodie, and one of the more renowned at that. Now I could see RMC coming in and making a whole new attraction, maybe Son of Beast II, with the cork-screws, maybe the original loop even, but not on the scale that SOB was originally.

Beast will never receive a RMC conversion. There is almost no reason to do so, as it is one of the park's most popular rides and is still generally considered a top tier wooden coaster. Unless something happened that caused it to become unbearably rough or maintenance got prohibitively expensive, I don't think it will ever change significantly.

There are wooden coasters in the Cedar Fair chain that I think would benefit from a RMC conversion. Beast is not one of them.

I cannot honestly see Beast becoming a RMC attraction. Sure, the effects would be amazing, but The Beast is a classic woodie, and one of the more renowned at that. Now I could see RMC coming in and making a whole new attraction, maybe Son of Beast II, with the cork-screws, maybe the original loop even, but not on the scale that SOB was originally.

Colossus at magic mountain was a classic, but look at it now. With that being said, I hope the beast stays just as it is now.

Colossus at magic mountain was a classic, but look at it now. With that being said, I hope the beast stays just as it is now.

MORE FLAGS SIX FLAGS.

No better explanation that that.

In all seriousness, Cedar Fair takes care of The Beast, quite well I may add, and from what I've heard, Six Flags was letting Colossus go downhill... so an overhaul was needed and welcomed.

I think most people that have ridden the beast know that it would honestly make for an aweful RMC conversion. First off, its already a great ride that is already one of the best known coasters in the world. Second, the layout wouldn't really lend itself to RMC. Lets be real, there isn't much you can do with the existing structure.

Son of Beast on the other hand would have been an incredible RMC.