TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

Don says "snapping" WILL be allowed on the Flyers. Wish Cedar point allowed that (if you try to snap, they shut down the ride.)

Maybe it is just me, but I feel that I have snapped really good at cedar point, but never had it shut down on me. I may just need to snap better!;)

Really wish the scooters were replacing the 3 point challenge game by Vortex, but that's okay. I'd like to see that area of the given some new life.

And for the love of god please we need some new capacity monster water slides in the water park. That place is no fun with it's 1980/1990 slides that have 35 minute waits. Oh yeah we do have a 2004 Tornado and 4 Lane mat racer that you can wait about an hour for

Just read on Facebook that the kings island inn and resort right across the street from the park has closed. It also mentioned that there is a chain link fence around the building and that an auction is in the works.

This is a bummer, as we always enjoy staying there. We just stayed there a few weeks ago and there were no signs of them closing.

The last day of operation was Sunday.

You can get a reasonably priced hotel on Priceline that does a lot better than 2 circles (which is abysmal) on Tripadvisor in the area. I stayed at the Hyatt Place in Mason twice for around $80 each time. The reviews online make it sound like it probably needs to be leveled.

Is there any reason why a new owner couldn't buy it?

I ran across this:

http://queencitydiscovery.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-end-of-suburban-cincinnatis-alpine.html?m=1

Assuming there's some truth there, a serious mold issue and shoddy original construction would probably doom it, along with general neglect faced in the years since. Seriously, some of the Tripadvisor reviews are hilarious. The one person talking about how the shuttle was a van rather than the garishly painted buses because, he was told, "the brakes finally gave out on the bus" killed me.