TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

A brief mini-update from yesterday:

WP_20140613_001(1).jpg.21f9cb67cbb2ef16d8a8670dcfc1b666.jpg

It's a little hard to see, but this monitor was showing which rides were currently up and running. I'd really like for KI to put a big video screen somewhere on International Street with current wait times like the Disney parks have.

WP_20140613_002(1).thumb.jpg.c8577b3cf39140ab2a3dc2a450d2e326.jpg

Nothing wrong with this view!

WP_20140613_004.thumb.jpg.9daf67b3f2aebef650e8bef6587a274e.jpg

Crowds were moderate to light for a Friday afternoon with 76 degree weather. Banshee was about a 15 minute wait around 4:00 and dwindled to a 5 minute wait for the rest of the day.

WP_20140613_005.thumb.jpg.1b67ddcec3e177e9c8bb586b589df968.jpg

Love this coaster so much. I agree the rattling is annoying, but hopefully the trains will keep breaking in.

WP_20140613_006.thumb.jpg.55082b1bccc23f84a69054f90a949ded.jpg

Welcome to Kings Island!

WP_20140613_007.thumb.jpg.02f69913f8bdc146c6d41fd099a72898.jpg

Work was exceptionally boring on this Friday the 13, so I snuck out early to go ride some rides!

WP_20140613_008.thumb.jpg.be51c2e17a02ee93d2c4b3aadb2637c0.jpg

I really don't get it. But I do like the "please do not climb on the big noodle" disclaimer!

WP_20140613_012.thumb.jpg.a66b71f37cc112c871a40a5942340b61.jpg

Banshee's crew has been doing an amazing job pumping out trains so far this season. Very impressed.

WP_20140613_014.thumb.jpg.49ac889729792ce86533bece20bf2b32.jpg

Another pic of Banshee, but I want to comment on Diamondback's operations. They were trucking yesterday- A few weeks ago they were stacking all three trains, but it looks like they've gotten the seatbelts down to a science and were operating with speeds more in line with past years.

WP_20140613_015.thumb.jpg.d6856a448050b171899f1d88126581cd.jpg

Flight of Fear has reopened. I still recommend skipping it though.... this ride is painful.

WP_20140613_010.thumb.jpg.34a6021b91fad9fc7eb049c71392f4be.jpg

A final shot of Banshee. It's fun, fast, and relatively forceful. I'm all-around impressed with this ride. I haven't ridden Montu in 8 years, but I think I might like Banshee a tad more.

WP_20140613_016.thumb.jpg.ab8ac16fb60aa67b53fb89cd06294772.jpg

You can't see it in this picture, but Drop Tower is up and running again.

I try to get out the the park every week, if there is any interest I can post mini-updates in this thread every week or so if people would be interested.

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get over it man.  You've made your point and we get it; it's silly that this park did not do a Winterfest-lite.  Make the 8 hour drive to KD if you want to experience that, just like all of us with KD

I think you're missing Just a few syllables here To write a haiku

At the risk of veering off topic, people are just incredibly selective in what causes of death they choose to care about. People only care if it's high-profile, tragic accident, something new and scar

Posted Images

Is there some sort of life span for LIM's? As FoF is one of the first coasters to use LIM's, I'm wondering if we are now finding out about how long these can last. (Unless, of course, they've been replaced in the past, in which case I stand corrected.)

I haven't ridden Montu in 8 years, but I think I might like Banshee a tad more.

Montu is still my favorite invert so if Banshee's better then Kings Island might be my favorite park ever...

I am new to the forum and haven't been to kings island since diamondback was in its first year. My friend offered to take me for my birthday in 2 weeks on a Tuesday but my main concern is will my big butt fit into the roller coaster seats i have a 44 waist and weigh 300 lbs any rides I should avoid I want to have a good time and not have to take walks of shame off the roller coasters

thanks

I haven't ridden Montu in 8 years, but I think I might like Banshee a tad more.

Montu is still my favorite invert so if Banshee's better then Kings Island might be my favorite park ever...

I was just at Busch Gardens on the 2nd and Kings Island today. It was my first time riding Montu and Banshee and I'd personally have to put Banshee over Montu.

Made a visit to Kings Island on Friday, June 13, 2014 and I have to say that it's a cute little park. Clean and nicely clean, unlike my home park in California, and the operations were superb! Rode just about every credit possible except for Backlot Stunt Coaster, and my favorite coaster at the park is also my new #1 Inverted Roller Coaster: BANSHEE!!! Hope to return sometime in the near future.

For those in the park this week, please keep an eye on the reopening of FoF. I'm heading to the park some time next week and would like to know if it reopens soon.

Edit: I'm completely ignorant for not checking the last page.

Edited by Koasterking48
For those in the park this week, please keep an eye on the reopening of FoF. I'm heading to the park some time next week and would like to know if it reopens soon.

I'm pretty sure it already re-opened.

I'm pretty sure it already re-opened.

It had reopened from the LIM fire earlier in the month, but there was another fire on Saturday in an electrical panel. The pictures on the previous page were from Friday. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe it has reopened (again) yet:

www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/warren-county/mason/fire-reported-at-kings-islands-flight-of-fear-roller-coaster-again

Hey guys you may not know everything about Kings Island so here is a video to help you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxtZykVbRfc&list=UUCnG72NjB4Kr0NDAiz-ksaQ

I distinctly remember someone recently advertising this same channel in another thread.

I also notice that your TPR username is the same as the youtube account in question.

It may be a coincidence, i'm just stating what I noticed.

Hey guys you may not know everything about Kings Island so here is a video to help you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxtZykVbRfc&list=UUCnG72NjB4Kr0NDAiz-ksaQ

I distinctly remember someone recently advertising this same channel in another thread.

I also notice that your TPR username is the same as the youtube account in question.

It may be a coincidence, i'm just stating what I noticed.

maybe this Youtuber, CPSFMMCW, and Coaster Studios all think exactly the same!