TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My visit this past weekend was great, even with Saturday being very busy and me missing out on FL until Sunday.    I went into Orion not having followed its construction or watched a POV or even

Get over it man.  You've made your point and we get it; it's silly that this park did not do a Winterfest-lite.  Make the 8 hour drive to KD if you want to experience that, just like all of us with KD

At the risk of veering off topic, people are just incredibly selective in what causes of death they choose to care about. People only care if it's high-profile, tragic accident, something new and scar

Posted Images

Din said that they currently had no more plans for action zone in an interview, but I think I'd be Great if they retheme everything and made it a Halloween area. They already gave the slingshot a new paintjob as well!

^Well, if Action Zone is to undergo a name change, it should have a Halloween name, the area of the park in "witch" every day is Halloween. You already have the scary-looking rides, so give them scary names and repaint the area so it can look "spooky". It is about time another park had a Halloween-themed area besides Holiday World.

^I think it's posted a couple of pages back. (in fact I think it was me who posted it anyway)

Anyway, to "embed" a video you just copy the youtube link and, when posting, click on the last option above the text box (the one that says youtube) and then you get this: and paste the link into the middle of those two.

Oops! Sorry! The video still blows my mind!

Thanks for the play-by-play for embedding a video. I tried that and when I preview it, it didn't seem to work. I also tried posting it a couple times and it wasn't working. Must have been something on my end!

Oops! Sorry! The video still blows my mind!

Thanks for the play-by-play for embedding a video. I tried that and when I preview it, it didn't seem to work. I also tried posting it a couple times and it wasn't working. Must have been something on my end!

Actually, now that you say that I remember it wasn't working when I posted it. I had to try a few times.

But that's not very common, it's only happened to me around twice.

As cool as that sounds, I think it would be ripping off Holiday world. Plus, the two parks are only a couple of hours from each other.

So.. every other park has a 'western' themed area, but having another park with a Halloween themed area would be a ripoff??

As cool as that sounds, I think it would be ripping off Holiday world. Plus, the two parks are only a couple of hours from each other.

So.. every other park has a 'western' themed area, but having another park with a Halloween themed area would be a ripoff??

I agree. You could go one step further and question zoos and aquariums for that matter. They all have the same animals right?

It doesn't necessarily have to be "halloween" themed. It could be just a general spooky theme. I could see the area being called something like "the cemetery" or "haunted grounds" or something along those lines.

I found this on Reddit. It's title was "My friends and I rode Son of Beast two weeks before it closed forever. Their reactions are priceless"

HAHAHAHAHA So true. I'm glad that thing is gone. It was menacing in size, but sucked big time.

I don't think I ever had a BAD ride on SOB. Of course as a general rule, I sit in the front row, or as close to the front of the train as possible on wooden coasters.

I found this on Reddit. It's title was "My friends and I rode Son of Beast two weeks before it closed forever. Their reactions are priceless"

HAHAHAHAHA So true. I'm glad that thing is gone. It was menacing in size, but sucked big time.

I don't think I ever had a BAD ride on SOB. Of course as a general rule, I sit in the front row, or as close to the front of the train as possible on wooden coasters.

You've never sat in the back for El Toro? Oh you poor thing.

Haha, not quite El Toro, but Apocalypse (SFMM) needs to be ridden in the back!

Actually yes, I have. Of my 3 times, my best ride was in row 4 on El Toro.

I was expecting more from El Toro. Voyage gives a much better, out of control ride.

Rode el toro twice while I was there. In the middle once, and I was left expecting more. Then I rode it front row at night and I was blown away and thought it was phenomenal. Because of that ride, it is now my second fav coaster ever.

I know this is changing the subject, but it's something that's been on my mind.

So I was reading on Wikipedia that the height of Banshee's lift hill is 167ft, and the first drop it 150ft. I also notice that the station is at least 10 or so feet off the ground. Does the 167ft. estimate include that height, or are we really 177ft. or so off the ground at the top of the lift?

Sorry, still a little new to the scene. And, as sad as this sounds, it will probably be the tallest lift hill I will have ascended in my abbreviated career as a coaster enthusiast.

I know this is changing the subject, but it's something that's been on my mind.

So I was reading on Wikipedia that the height of Banshee's lift hill is 167ft, and the first drop it 150ft. I also notice that the station is at least 10 or so feet off the ground. Does the 167ft. estimate include that height, or are we really 177ft. or so off the ground at the top of the lift?

Sorry, still a little new to the scene. And, as sad as this sounds, it will probably be the tallest lift hill I will have ascended in my abbreviated career as a coaster enthusiast.

The elevation of the total structure is 167 feet at its highest. The lift hill just starts about 10 feet off the ground.

So I'm planning to go to the park and I've got three options, April 19th, 26 or May 3. Anyone who knows the park have any suggestions on what day will be the best, I know weather would be a big factor, but Is opening weekend going to be packed?