TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

• Replies 20.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Enjoy a cold one Pour one out for your homies Bam! You just bought two.

At the risk of veering off topic, people are just incredibly selective in what causes of death they choose to care about. People only care if it's high-profile, tragic accident, something new and scar

I think you're missing Just a few syllables here To write a haiku

Posted Images

Also,KI does NOT need a coaster named the Bat again. I think that disrespects the original Bat (which i have ridden) and will confuse people later on down the road.

Disagree. If there's one thing people love, it's nostalgia.

World's longest invert has some real potential if that turns out to be true. Over 4,000 ft. long is a serious ride, so we could possibly see most inversions on an invert, too. And I'm sure this has been posted, but the announcement is at 10:00 PM eastern time right?

Can't get down to the park tonight due to transportation reasons, but are they streaming it live?

I really can't wait to see the aesthetics of the ride. My guess is that the Banshee logo looks similar to the one used for Mantis but with the shrieking spirit instead of the phantom. We've almost confirmed that the supports are blue, and if it's called Banshee with blue supports, I bet we see track that's either charcoal gray, dark purple, or a very light ghostly blue.

MAN I'm excited for this! I really hate having just two flagship attractions at my home park and seeing it actually start to get something else big to add to its ride lineup is great!

Has anybody thought about The Bat reference possibly meaning that the ride could have two lift hills? It's a wild idea but with the claim now possibly being "World's Longest invert" it does seem like a possibility. Just a thought...

http://banshee.com/

Hmmm.. Banshee.com appears to be purchased and ready for content. Nothing Bat related appeared to work.

Edit: When you search the site on a domain tracking site, it comes up with a person named James Moore registering it. When you type "James Moore Kings Island" on google, it comes up with a facebook page for a man named James Moore that lives in Ohio and a Youtube channel of throwback KI videos.

It appears the site was bought/registered on December 29th, 2012.

I give up. By now im expecting they are building both a giant wing rider named "The Bat" AND an Invert named "Banshee" ugh they are good at playing this game. Wait for the jr woodie to get announced at 10.

^^^ I also think it was a fake. Although I liked the idea someone mentioned earlier of renaming Flight Deck to The Bat. If they rethemed Action Zone with a spectral/spooky theme it woulld be awesome. Rename Delirium and Drop Tower and theme up that area, build a dark ride or year-round maze n 2015 and you would have a nice new themed land and a perfectly balanced theme park.I think Delirium would look awesome in gloss black paint (Black Widow?) and Drop Tower needs a new name, please. Eh, not a crime to dream... 4 hours to go...

Those blueprints looked VERY legitimate to me. I could see KI spending some time on making that sweet Bat logo, but not the money it would have cost to draw up fake blueprints. The blueprint of the station shows loading on one side only, and what appears to be a standard inverted train in the station. It won't be anything crazy, just a giant, beautiful inverted coaster, tried and true and supersized. I am totally ok with this. I don't see an inverted wing coaster as a possibity given the clearance shown in the blueprints, and the footers being gauged so close togethe, however, I don't see the concept of an inverted wing coaster as being crazy.

B&M thenselves said they were working on a rotating seat version of the wing coaster as well as LSM launches, but I don't think this will be the year they make their debut. A wing coaster with rotating seats (like Arrow's 4D) would very much resemble an inverted wing coaster. While I'm sure the concept was explored, I can imagine the weight of the trains (the wing coaster train is already very heavy) would quickly become an issue the way it was with X.

Edited by ECZenith

^^ This has already been covered. There is no point to an inverted wing coaster as it can't bring anything new to the table, except lots of very very wide support structures to allow for clearance. It would limit maneuverability, would cost a bunch more in extra supports, and probably wouldn't look that good.

I'm surprised nobody has thrown a guess at "inverted wing coaster."

It was actually talked about extensively a few pages ago. But there's two problems.

First, that theory cannot work with the current blueprints. They show a Rider envelope for a standard Inverted train.

Second, what's the point of it? It would be the same exact ride as a normal Wing Coaster, just way harder to support.

I know this is HIGHLY unlikely, BUT has a theme park ever announced TWO new coasters? This area could fit an invert and wing rider very well and maybe their record breaker is two new coasters in one year? It seems to almost be 50/50 as to it being an invert or a wing rider.