TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

Honestly guys, if it's not a B&M Wing Rider I might have to eat my hat. Parks buy these kinds of coasters in sets often and B&M is pushing this style hard. It's also not hard to do 'record breaking' things with a ride that only has 4-5 cousins in existence.

• Replies 20.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Enjoy a cold one Pour one out for your homies Bam! You just bought two.

I think you're missing Just a few syllables here To write a haiku

At the risk of veering off topic, people are just incredibly selective in what causes of death they choose to care about. People only care if it's high-profile, tragic accident, something new and scar

Posted Images

^I just cant imagine another one put in 2 hours from one that just broke all records this season. But then again I didnt expect CW to do the Hyper/Giga

At this point anything is possible even though it seems to be an invert...

We gotta hang in for 7 more days!

I'm hoping that they will do something special for the ride station by actually theming it to tie in with the name instead of doing something sleek and modern. Boarding the train in a haunted mansion would be an ideal place for a banshee to roam.

Silver and blue is quite striking on Afterburn and it would really look great on Kings Island's skyline. I'm a little tired of seeing a lot of CF coasters painted red.

Honestly guys, if it's not a B&M Wing Rider I might have to eat my hat. Parks buy these kinds of coasters in sets often and B&M is pushing this style hard. It's also not hard to do 'record breaking' things with a ride that only has 4-5 cousins in existence.

Parks don't generally "buy things in sets" over multiple years. Think about it - let's say Gatekeeper bombed at Cedar Point - Didn't raise attendance to the park at all, lines were very short all season, and the general public said they seriously miss the Sky Tower. Would Cedar Fair really want to have made a deal to build three more of these already? Imagine what the owners (shareholders) of Cedar Fair would think when they announced, "Yeah, attendance at Cedar Point did nothing with Gatekeeper... we're building two more next season!"

And trust me, I know how unlikely such a thing seems, especially with the scenario above, but parks make missteps relatively often and you can't wager your future on them. This doesn't mean that it *isn't* a Wing Rider, just that in all likelihood it isn't a deal that Cedar Fair made to make them for multiple years.

^I just cant imagine another one put in 2 hours from one that just broke all records this season. But then again I didnt expect CW to do the Hyper/Giga

2 hours? How fast are you going? 4 hours away lol

I get what you mean though but im pretty sure it's not a Wingrider anyway.

2 hours? How fast are you going? 4 hours away lol

I get what you mean though but im pretty sure it's not a Wingrider anyway.

Ops! My bad hahaha.

I would have to be going pretty fast for 2 hours!

^^^I understand what you're saying but Paramount parks made a 3 coaster deal with Vekoma for the Flying Dutchmens but after all of the mechanical/electrical issues with Stealth decided to opt out of purchasing the remaining 2 thus how SF got Batwing @ SFA and X-Flight @ SFWoA.

CF purchases:

Xcelerator @ KBF- 2002

Dragster @ CP - 2003

Renegade @ VF - 2007

Prowler @ WoF - 2009

Silver Bullet @ KBF - 2004

Patriot @ WoF - 2006

Steel Force @ DP - 1997

Mamba @ Wof - 1998

Behemoth @ CW - 2008

Diamondback @ KI - 2009

Intimidator @ Carowinds - 2010

Windseekers? 4 in 2011 and 2 more purchased in 2012.

Does this info mean all these rides were "package deals??" Might not be, but definitely seems to me that if you commit to more than 1 at a time, the manufacturer is more likely to give a better price.

I'm not talking about the Windseeker downtime issues. I'm just pulling the purchase data.

Buying multiple flat-rides in 1 transaction is smart as they are cheaper than a coaster. IE: 4 Windseekers (5 million each) cost less than I:305 (25 million) @ KD. With that said, buying 4 of those in 1 year would be a very dumb business move.

Whatever it is I hope it goes upside down, lol. Not really a fan of the upside down coasters at KI. Vortex always kills me. FOF is alright, Invertigo I haven't ridden and Firehawk is weird.

If if really is a wing rider that wouldn't be to bad but with one at CP, Great America and Dollywood there's just too many IMO for another one. I would still like to see a Giga or a dive coaster. Either way I will be riding it next year. Hey, a roller coaster is still better than nothing. Glad KI is still getting new stuff as it's my home park.

I'd definitely prefer something other than a Wingrider. Wild Eagle was fun, but Gatekeeper was just "OK."

Supposedly this twitter account @wesisrad knows the announcement. KI tweeted them "Don't spoil the surprise!"

This has been the most interesting post:

Wes ‏@wesisrad 30 Jul

@coasterrumors @KingsIslandPR does this look right to you? pic.twitter.com/edNfc4ljfZ

BQdOo0CCYAAtjl7.jpg-large.jpeg.102c724ec85b31696daf2e35752cc585.jpeg