TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

Looks like Floorless track. Maybe it's for Nitro?

Nitro was topped off in April, I would imagine it is completely assembled or close to it by now. I would say this track is 99% not for Nitro in India (B&M Floorless) but rather for a new project. I won't believe this track is for KI until I see it showing up on their property. I still have my fingers crossed for a B&M Diving Machine.

With so many 2014 coasters yet to be announced, this track could really be for any client around the world. They are a very busy steel plant!

Thanks for that info about Nitro. I couldn't find much about it on the net.

This track does seem to be floorless though. The more compact ones, like Batman – The Dark Knight & Insane Speed.

However, footers have just started to be poured. I don't think we would see these type of pieces yet (curvy ones), we should be seeing straight sections (lift, station). Which is why I believe this is not for KI.

KingsIslandPR, on 24 Jun 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

"For those waiting for when we'll announce what we're building for the future, you might want to grab yourself a Snickers bar. It's going to be awhile.

We still have the majority of the 2013 season in front of us. Enjoy it before it passes you by!"

KI PR commented on Kings Island's Fansite.

Well does Snickers unscramble to anything?

It unscrambles to come back in a couple months and we'll announce our new ride. Maybe Snickers will be a sponsor.

Maybe that person just likes Snickers. They are pretty tasty... I could go for a Snickers right now.

Apologies for the double post.

Things are starting to get really interesting over at the site. Some spooky scarecrow-like figures have appeared on a few of the footers. One has also been placed right at the gap in the gate looking out into the park.

photo.JPG.874d6a6a094629dd311ff65cdf5a24b5.JPG

This guy just about spooked me the first time I saw him right there at the fence.

photo(1).JPG.5c131e936f177155a6de98680f676745.JPG

Here are a couple more. So far things seem to be lining up with the possible banshee theme.

A quote from rcdb.com,

Initially, Mantis was to be named "Banshee". In Irish folklore, a banshee is a female spirit whose wail was said to foretell a death in the family. After this definition was printed in a local newspaper, the "Banshee" name was dropped in favor of "Mantis". The original "Banshee" logo would later come to be that of Dorney Park's Steel Force

Apologies for the double post.

Things are starting to get really interesting over at the site. Some spooky scarecrow-like figures have appeared on a few of the footers. One has also been placed right at the gap in the gate looking out into the park.

Can't say I have seen a park do that before. Interesting!