TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Does anyone think this park will be crowded tomorrow?!

Its Kings Island, when isn't it crowded? But yes I'd assume it'd be crowded. Whatever you do, don't go Sunday! It's bring a friend day which will make it automatically be very busy, plus all the people going for after prom.I live in Indianapolis and I know almost everyone going to prom is also going to KI Sunday.

Yea I went on bring an friend day in 2006 and boy was it crowded,Top Gun line was all the way to the entrance,Face/Off kept breaking down,Vortex line was all the way down to the Racers. It was horrible.

^ I did it last June on my first trip to KI. I guess that the Gold Pass Season Pass holders get to go back too, so we just got to go back early with them. I got 7 consecutive rides on Diamondback in the rain. It was awesome. We then walked back and got on the first train of Beast. It was an awesome perk.

Does anyone think this park will be crowded tomorrow?!

Its Kings Island, when isn't it crowded? But yes I'd assume it'd be crowded. Whatever you do, don't go Sunday! It's bring a friend day which will make it automatically be very busy, plus all the people going for after prom.I live in Indianapolis and I know almost everyone going to prom is also going to KI Sunday.

Too late! Perfect day to go!

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/public/news/newsletter/index.cfm?item=174

Dinosaurs Alive! 3D is a captivating adventure of non-stop dinosaur action that will enthrall guests of all ages at Kings Island this summer with its unique look at the entire age of dinosaurs.

WATCH THE TRAILER

Launching May 26 on the giant screen (63-feet wide x 27 feet tall) in Action FX Theater at Kings Island, the 10-minute show brings dinosaurs, their behaviors and their ancient environments to life through the use of Dolby 3D glasses on the screen as never before seen – juxtaposing stunningly realistic and scientifically accurate computer generate imagery (CGI).  Using state-of-the-art techniques, the filmmakers have created an array of amazingly life-like creatures based on the latest fossil evidence so that audiences can experience these creatures on the giant screen. 

Guests will meet and learn about Tarbosaurus (a close relative to Tyrannosaurus Rex), Velociraptors, Protoceratops, Seismosaurus, and more. They will witness dinosaurs locked in mortal combat, nesting in colonies, protecting their young, and facing catastrophic forces of nature. They will also learn which ones traveled in herds, which made nests, which were the predators and which were the hunted and other surprising behaviors in this amazing show. 

Dinosaurs Alive! 3D is suitable for all audiences and an exciting film for dinosaur lovers from age 3 to 93. 

Also debuting May 26 is the world’s largest animatronic dinosaur park, Dinosaurs Alive! at Kings Island.

Dinosaurs Alive! at Kings Island features more than 60 life-sized dinosaurs, including 56 animatronic dinosaurs, in a spectacular outdoor 12.5 acre Jurassic forest setting. 

The highlight of Dinosaurs Alive! at Kings Island is the world’s largest animatronic dinosaur, the Ruyang Yellow River dinosaur, which measures an incredible 72 feet long, 12 feet wide and 30 feet high!  Other highlights include an excavation site replica and kids’ did area.

Dinosaurs Alive! outdoor attraction and film are not included with general park admission or a 2011 season pass. A separate admission ticket of just $5.00 for the outdoor attraction or just $7.00 for both the outdoor attraction and 3D film is required.

DAILY OPERATION BEGINS THIS FRIDAY

BOOMERANG BAY OPENS MAY 21

Dinosaurs Alive! outdoor attraction and film are not included with general park admission or a 2011 season pass. A separate admission ticket of just $5.00 for the outdoor attraction or just $7.00 for both the outdoor attraction and 3D film is required.

UPCHARGE for the movie too? Heck, I rather put up with the annoying SpongeBoob than that!

Dinosaurs Alive! 3D is suitable for all audiences and an exciting film for dinosaur lovers from age 3 to 93.

That rules out seven years of audience, plus any supercentenarians visiting... They won't be letting dinosaurs into the dinosaur attractions!

• 2 weeks later...

The ride looks very good on the KI skyline and is quite picturesque from different vantage points (sorry no pics as I didn't take my camera to the park this time around).

It was going up and down the tower all day Saturday but was not spinning.

Animatronic at new dinosaur exhibit at Kings Island catches fire

MASON, OH (FOX19) -

An animatronic dinosaur, part of Kings Island new "Dinosaurs Alive!" exhibit, caught fire early Tuesday evening.

The fire was put out quickly, and no patrons had to be evacuated. A large cloud of black smoke did appear over the park.

The "Dinosaurs Alive" exhibit was scheduled to open Thursday.

Fire crews are still on scene.

Article

14710115_BG1.jpg.6aceb9fc7a5a399bf0e5c890864c8b42.jpg