TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

They shut it off now but I captured an image

Good lord is that blinding!!! Looks good though.

I'm in favor of an SOB reprofile,kinda how they took the one element on I305 that was causing problems last season & devised a simple solution,granted it won't be as easy,or cheap to do on a ride as massive as SOB but it can be done.

I really do hope they do SOMETHING with Son of Beast and not tear it down. I went on it for the first time in July of 2007, right after they reopened it after taking out the loop, and I thought it was a great ride. It was the first time I had been to King's Island and therefore I really didn't even know what SoB was; I never heard about the negative things people thought about the ride. So I don't know if that played a role in me actually really enjoying the ride or not. I believe I rode it seven times while I was there and it was excellent each time. I just hope they fix it.

I also rode SOB for the first and only time a few weeks after it reopened in 2007. Even rode it in the front row to try to alleviate the roughness, and that didn't help at all. It's still one of the worst rides I've ever had, with only Rattler and Texas Giant in 2009 topping it. Although I will say the first drop was pretty awesome, everything after that was miserable.

Opening Day Update: WindSeeker will not be open this Saturday when the park opens for the 2011 season. Our newest thrill ride will be open once we've completed the commissioning and testing process. Gold and Platinum Season Passholders will enjoy early ride time on the Beast and Diamondback at 9:00am this Saturday - one full hour earlier than park opening. Pass Processing and Ticket Sales windows open at 8:30am.
- Kings Island's Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/visitkingsisland/posts/10150278533103368

I'm a bit indifferent. Sure I want to try it, but I figured it would have the worst lines ever during opening day anyways. I don't even know how long I'll be there saturday. Thanks to our recent weather here in Cincy, I have a feeling its gonna be a very busy day in the park. I'll probabbly go in early with my lovely new Club TPR card, hit Diamondback/Vortex/Beast and maybe a few other rides, then venture out for other shenanigans...

It sounds to me like Windseeker not opening was not planned and the early ride times is a bonus for them to say sorry to the pass-holders. It has been a really nasty spring, and even after looking at Cedar points webcam, whenever it rains up there, they quit working on it.

This is not a huge surprise as this is apparently the wettest April on record for this area. I'm sure they'll get it open soon enough. They did get Diamondback to open on time, which is a huge accomplishment for any US park.

^^^This Spring has been exceptionally wet. I can't count how many times it has rained over the last month or so. I've been soaked head to toe several times on the way to class in the last week alone. The storms are brining pretty high winds also which I'm sure aren't even possibly to test in. It doesn't surprise me that the ride isn't ready yet. Hopefully with the supposed upcoming clearer weather this week they will be able to get it fully ready.

When I rode Diamondback last year I noticed a little rattling but it was nothing I was concerned about. The coaster, in general, is a pretty good ride.

Are they going to start letting people pick where they want to sit this season for Diamondback? I know that they still didn't let you pick your own seats last year, at least in July when I went. Anyone know?

Are they going to start letting people pick where they want to sit this season for Diamondback? I know that they still didn't let you pick your own seats last year, at least in July when I went. Anyone know?

Only at real busy times will they assign seats. They think it speeds up the process. Most of the time (I was there in Mid July), you could pick your own seat. Maybe I should've worded that better.

All I did was ask the operators if I could have the front/back row and every time I did, they said yes.