TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon and make a prediction. I think whatever they are doing is not for 2011...I could be wrong, but I am seeing the time frame in which they have to build/test/etc and maybe they could pull something off, but I am sure whatever it is wouldn't be anywhere near is "big" as they are promoting. Perhaps a new theater/show/ etc?

If it is indeed for 2012 as I am taking a wild guess on or maybe LATE 2011 and IF it's a coaster, could anyone see a B&M Dive Coaster?

Again, this is a VERY far off speculation so please don't think I am crazy...just going for the long shot...maybe if it's late 2011 it would be something to make up for the possible removal of SOB?

The Busch parks have an exclusive contract for a few more years on the DM so it wouldn't be that.

Ahhh okay...didn't know that was still going. I am guessing that its only North American then since other parks overseas have built Dive Coasters.

I don't see CF really going for the DM's anyway as the layouts are very limited in what can be done due in part to the width of the trains.....notice the lack of traditional loops on almost all of the DM's that have currently been built?

Perhaps a nice invert from the Bay Area could be on its way over!?!

That sounds quite logical, if memory serves me right, KI doesn't have a full-circuit invert (not counting suspended), not even a crummy SLC.

Given the lead time for Texas Giant's rehab and that the winter in Ohio would probably slow down work compared to the climate in Dallas, I doubt SOB could be Rocky Mountained by Season 2012. I'll happily implement the next best option for SOB personally: KI just need to give me petrol, a match, and indemnity from prosecution and civil liability.

The Busch parks have an exclusive contract for a few more years on the DM so it wouldn't be that.

Link? Proof?

I've heard of the contract, but I'm not sure how much longer it's in effect.

As have I, but I'm not sure it was ever confirmed to be true, let alone an exact date of expiration.

B&M Wing Rider. It would be the first in America and the first of its kind on the East Coast (seating style that is).

If Cedar Fair was going for a first, it would be going to a park about four hours to the north.