TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^The coaster that it used to be??? I know someone that rode SOB the day of the commercial shoot (when it was brand new), and he said it was BRUTAL even then! And the layout is awful! There's absolutely no redeeming quality to this ride except the money they can get for selling the wood.

I rode it when it was 10 days old and it was similarly bad. The thing was just doomed from the start.

Smartest teaser I've seen in a while. Why smart? It was straight forward - no fancy editing, different, ballsy and got a chuckle out of me. They probably could have shortened it a little; the clip and sign were good points.

For one time, it worked. I wouldn't try to continue on this path though.

If you're not doing something different, you're not doing anything.

I suppose, but it's a full circuit non-family invert. And it has to be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Invertigo lol.

Sorry but it isn't.I never bother wasting time riding it as a good invert should consist of more than just three heartline rolls back & forth around a fake mountain.In a way it's not a true coaster to me as all it does is wind it's way down along the outside of the mountain with no uphill elements like those found on a typical invert...give me an SLC over it any day.

Looking at the teaser photos... I'm pretty sure they're just screwing with us. I'm willing to bet they have nothing to do with anything and they're probably laughing their asses off reading this thread right now.

Kudos to them, I'd do the same thing.

Some new photos up on King's Island's teaser page. One is of some digging taking place back in the woods. Another shows a worker holding the map from the infamous "planning" photo. There are also new teaser and new Windseeker videos up on KI's youtube page.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guNwob56HPM

Photos: http://www.visitkingsisland.com/public/park/mud/index.cfm

EDIT: Thanks for the head's up! The link should be fixed now.

Edited by KI Kidd

^ The video link is fudged up. Here it is again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guNwob56HPM

I'm going to guess it's some sort of walk-through attraction through the forest, though I can't really come up with any more details since they all sound lame. Hopefully Cedar Fair is more creative than I am at the moment.

Oh God.

Its some kind of coaster, at 55 seconds he states "other exciting highlights of this world class... blocked" you can tell by the way his cheek and chin move he says coaster. Unfortunately from the photos its not the announcement of them getting Son Of Beast reopened so I guess the SOB is gonna sit stagnant for another season

Edited by la2lvtom

I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon and make a prediction. I think whatever they are doing is not for 2011...I could be wrong, but I am seeing the time frame in which they have to build/test/etc and maybe they could pull something off, but I am sure whatever it is wouldn't be anywhere near is "big" as they are promoting. Perhaps a new theater/show/ etc?

If it is indeed for 2012 as I am taking a wild guess on or maybe LATE 2011 and IF it's a coaster, could anyone see a B&M Dive Coaster?

Again, this is a VERY far off speculation so please don't think I am crazy...just going for the long shot...maybe if it's late 2011 it would be something to make up for the possible removal of SOB?