TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Right. Again, it's nice to have a great ride being added to Kings Island. Since Cedar Fair purchased the Paramount parks, KI has received Firehawk, Diamondback, and now Windseeker. Those are all great additions. Again, I just want to submit that the mean ol' SOB receives the business of a wrecking ball. Such a pretty coaster for such a boring and brutal ride.

If you take the rural roads, it's 3.5 hours, but if you stick to major highways, it's 4 hours. Google Maps says 3 hours 58 minutes, and you have to go through Columbus or Dayton, which both can add a half hour depending on what time of day you go through them...

Well if you go through Dayton, could you please pick me up on the way?

Windseeker just looks like a fun addition to me. I think it will attract families but also be popular to thrill seekers. It's a win-win for Cedar Fair in my book and i'm glad that multiple parks are getting one.

• 1 month later...

Not that anyone has forgotten I'm sure, but there is a large wooden coaster sitting lifeless in action zone and a large chunk of capital that CF has yet to announce what they will be spending it on...perhaps these two things may be addressed during the conference call Tuesday morning.

Cedar Fair announced today that they will resume unit holder distributions ($0.25 per unit) in December. They also again stated their expected cap ex for 2011 is $85 million. That would mean more then a third of CF's capital expenditures have not been publicly announced yet (if my math is right).

It sounds as though the group in Sandusky believes things are turning around for them financially, hopefully this is the case.

Are all of the roller coasters/rides open during Halloween Haunt on Friday nights? My sister and I are thinking of going tomorrow, but we don't really care for the haunted mazes and what-not, we just want some night rides on the Beast and Diamondback.

Also, what should we expect in terms of crowds?

• 2 weeks later...

To those looking to make any KI trips in the next few weeks, GO ON FRIDAY!!!!!!! Saturdays have ungodly long lines for everything, and the park gets super crowded. Fridays are much more managable....To put things into context, between 2 fridays and 2 saturdays during the offseason, I average 6-7 haunts and all the coasters each friday, and 1-2 haunts and maybe 1 coaster each saturday....

Saturdays have been PACKED. Reportedly (from a trusted friend who works at KI) over 40,000 this past Saturday. These Halloween events seem to really be drawing huge crowds across the board this year. Its nice to see attendance rebounding for the seasonal parks this year.

^From what I could tell the only rides that are closed are Viking Fury, The Crypt (mechanical problem, probably closed for the season), the water rides, and Planet Snoopy. None of the outdoor Haunts are scarezones (which means more lines). The entire park is a scarezone!

^^I noticed that as well, although I was impressed with Urgent Scare. The rest of the indoor haunts I was disappointed with, especially Wolf Pack and Massacre Mannor. I liked the themeing in Wolf Pack but I expected the scare-actors to be in werewolf costumes but all they had were random people in street clothes jumping out and screaming. Massacre Mannor, I have always thought to be the scariest and creepiest house at KI, now it seemed quite lame. I'm not sure what they changed but they should really consider changing it back.

It really seems like KI went for quantity over quality in the Haunts this year, unfortunately. But I still love Haunt

So far, the best mazes I've been through were Club Blood and Massacre Manor. DEFINATELY Club, since it was much better than the one I did at CP last year, filled with pitch black sections, mirror mazes, fog, and ofcourse sexy dancers to distract you from when the scares come out.

Other than that though, the mazes have been hit or miss. Okay, but nothing special...

• 3 months later...
Hey,

Just wonder if it's just me or is KI the only "large" U.S. park without a large invert (SLC, B&M).

Flight Deck and Aerial Chase don't really count IMO .

Just for thinking about it for a second, I'm most sure thats true. Dollywood and Silver Dollar City don't along with WDW but they aren't really seasonal amusement parks.