TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Sucks, I won't ever get this credit either. But oh well, one less reason for me to need to go to PKI.

As far as PKDs version goes.....PKD doesn't have a Caripro Batflyer, never did. Their "Ghoster Coaster" is a Jr Woodie, the same as PKIs "Beastie".

I rode the one at Legoland (known as Spellbreaker). It was...well...kinda fun, but waaaayyyyy too short. If I remember, I waited about 20 minutes for it and there were about a dozen people in line ahead of me.

Eric

They look like fun rides but I don't think I would want to wait more than 10 or 15 minutes for it. Maybe if they had 4 or 5 tracks running at once it would increase capacity but of course, that would get expensive and something probably most parks wouldn't want to do.

I'm excited to see this Avatar ride-Supposedly it's by Intamin

Only a rumor, but hopefully its true I've been waiting the day that PKI got an Intamin/BM...Also, I got my credit on the infernal torture device, so let it rot for all I care

"Scoob! I, like, totally lost the Ghoster Coaster"

"Way to go, Wraggie--jerk!"

I wonder how this bodes for PKD's version. Not that it would be a great loss.

Not the same coaster...

My mistake, but they do share that Scooby Doo theme (and the low capacity). Wonder what this bodes for Hanna Barbera characters in general at PKI and PKD?

Hi, this is my first post here> We went to PKI this August and wanted to get ALL the credits (obviously). We waited for about 20 mins. for Ghoster Coaster, and realized that we weren't but 10 feet further in the queue. So we said !@%! it, and went to Beastie. (sniff) I shall never have that credit (sniff). Oh, well, I'm sure Beastie was better anyway.

BTW, no Face/Off credit either, closed all day.

^Welcome to the the TPR boards!

After having this credit elude for so many years, I finally rode it in October...and my testicles are still swolen. Seriously, this was the epitomy of a piece of crap. I knew I needed to grab the credit while I had the chance since I had heard they were going to rip it out. Employees in the area later "confirmed" this. Glad to see it going.

-Scott "scariest freakin' coaster ever!" Parrish

I have rode it twice. Both times in the early morning and both times only for the credit (Catrina needed the second time).

I will not miss this ball-beating suck machine one bit. Many people I know don't even consider it a coaster because it never goes up once. They probably do have a point.

While I am sure it is great for the kids, I bet they can do better than this 20-30 pph "coaster".

"Scoob! I, like, totally lost the Ghoster Coaster"

"Way to go, Wraggie--jerk!"

I wonder how this bodes for PKD's version. Not that it would be a great loss.

Not the same coaster...

My mistake, but they do share that Scooby Doo theme (and the low capacity). Wonder what this bodes for Hanna Barbera characters in general at PKI and PKD?

The Beastie started out with the name The Scooby Doo till the Beast opened in 1979. Next year it will be the Odd coaster or something like that. So far Kings Island has had 3 coasters named after Scooby Doo and two are still in the park.

Could the bad capacity be blamed on enthusiast credit whores? Think about it, the ride is meant for children, and occasionaly their parents. Maybe if all the adults who have no business riding, the little kids wouldn't have to wait so long and the capacity wouldn't be a problem.

A question for those who actually ride these kind of rides(without a child), doesn't it emberass you? Why are these credits so important? After riding a certain amount of coasters, do you get a prize? Is money involved? If so, where do I sign up?