TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I'm on board with the idea to try steel track, but something tubular like Gemini or Excalibur. I don't think they should consider a Texas Giant Style renovation, until that ride transformation is proven successful. That's completely original and can be very ambiguous at this point.

I mean, even if they find a way to smooth it out so it isn't rough... They're still probably not going to be able to do anything about the actual layout - which is this ride's real problem. It may end up smooth, but its still going to be painfully boring.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I'm sure many people agree with me - the best renovation that this ride can go through is to turn it into the world's biggest bonfire.

Not only that, but what are the cost's involved with a retro fit? They would have to redo all of the supports and footers, rip out the current track and replace it with new track, and buy new trains.

I think they should just cut there losses at this time, and start from scratch. They have already dumped a ton of money into this nightmare of a ride. How much more would they have to dump into it to make it tolerable? Even if they did get it running again, could you imagine the liability and the cost's with the insurance company? The ride has a pretty lame layout as well as being too big for a wooden coaster. There have really been some great wood coasters built in the past few years. I would love to see one replace sob.

How awsome would it be if they tore it down and built a brand spanking new intiman plug and play?(One can dream)

Just my 2 cents.

This past weekend my boyfriend and I decided to go to Kings Island with our daughter. The first thing we do is get our platinum passes and then head on into the park. Of course she couldnt wait to ride a coaster so our first coaster of the day was Woodstock Express. Then we head on to the back of the park to ride The Beast. I go to ride first and to get a parent swap form for the day. I ride it, get the form and as soon as I got it, I remembered that Kings Island is the only park that I know of that has little cages on the platforms of the rides for little ones to sit in and wait for their parents. We decided to use them instead of the parent swap form. Those kiddie pens saved us a lot of time and we were able to ride together. If you were wondering how our daughter managed, well she did great. I think we will be using them again the next time we go down to Kings Isand. IMO all parks should have something like that. Being a parent, I think those are one of the greatest inventions ever at an amusement park.

The Beast is very flat and has little to offer other than racing through the woods and the final helix.

Because racing through the woods doesn't sound fun at all! *cough* endor *cough*

Sorry to get off topic but I had to point this out.

Race through the woods, and then a Final Helix sounds like a fantastic tagline to me.

Reminds me of one of my favorite coaster names of all time.

"Race Thru the Clouds" anybody???

- http://rcdb.com/3041.htm -

I only got to ride it in 2008 because when I visited in 06, 07 and 09 it was always closed. In the front row it was actually a pretty decent ride, in the last however it was terribly painful.

Personally, I would like to see the ride reopen after a good makeover but not if it costs about as much as a nice brand new coaster would cost.

Though I have never ridden SOB, I must concur that the best choice is to blow it up as the finale at the 4th of July Spectacular. Nobody can say that KI didn't give its best effort trying to make the thing work, but at the end of the day a pig with lipstick and a dress and new trains and trackwork is still a pig...or something like that. I mean they didn't even put a fraction of the time, effort or money into reworking The Bat as they did SOB. They just cut their losses and yanked it out. It's time to do the same here. Of course hindsight is always 20/20, but just think what they could have done with the $30M+ they have invested in the thing.

I will however (assuming they do remove it), miss the outstanding aesthetic visual SOB provides. I mean that thing looks menacing as hell. That aspect will be very difficult to replace.

sobpit.jpg.abb38261105324a7815720426109d405.jpg

Are you guys actually serious about burning it down? Son of Beast is HUGE, it would take atleast a few weeks for it to burn down. Plus it's pretty close to Top Gun and Adventure Express. Top Gun probably wouldn't have too much damage, but Adventure Express would most likely not be able to operate because it has wooden supports, and they would be burnt too. And what about wind, the fire could spread across the whole park... If you guys are being serious, you need to think of the consequences of burning down a 218' tall woodie. If your just joking, it's getting very old.

Are you guys actually serious about burning it down? Son of Beast is HUGE, it would take atleast a few weeks for it to burn down. Plus it's pretty close to Top Gun and Adventure Express. Top Gun probably wouldn't have too much damage, but Adventure Express would most likely not be able to operate because it has wooden supports, and they would be burnt too. And what about wind, the fire could spread across the whole park... If you guys are being serious, you need to think of the consequences of burning down a 218' tall woodie. If your just joking, it's getting very old.

We are all VERY serious about this. VERY VERY SERIOUS!

Hey Guy! Remember our last ride in the back seat?

untitled.bmp

The water is infected....WITH FIRE?!

Edited by PKI Jizzman

Though I have never ridden SOB, I must concur that the best choice is to blow it up as the finale at the 4th of July Spectacular. Nobody can say that KI didn't give its best effort trying to make the thing work, but at the end of the day a pig with lipstick and a dress and new trains and trackwork is still a pig...or something like that. I mean they didn't even put a fraction of the time, effort or money into reworking The Bat as they did SOB. They just cut their losses and yanked it out. It's time to do the same here. Of course hindsight is always 20/20, but just think what they could have done with the $30M+ they have invested in the thing.

I will however (assuming they do remove it), miss the outstanding aesthetic visual SOB provides. I mean that thing looks menacing as hell. That aspect will be very difficult to replace.

Agreed on the aesthetics...it's a shame that the layout is so horrid, or I wouldn't be opposed to a reprofiling.

I think they should run the train backwards.

You're NUTZ!!! Or Suicidal!

I think they should leave it up and build 2 dueling coasters to weave in and out of the structure

Thats the most interesting idea i've heard yet. I would love to try this out. I wonder If Gravity Groups new racer will be better that the Dueling/Racing GCI's or will it be another Twisted Twins?!