TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^ It has potential as firewood, of course.

I could see the press releases now.

Today Kings Island has donated several tons of firewood to local homeless shelters just in time for the holidays. "Was this Son of Beast? Yeah, well its more thrilling as firewood than a ride I can tell you that much."

At least Son of Beast will do one useful thing in its life

• 2 months later...

Besides the Nick Universe/Planet Snoopy retheme, does anyone have any updates about what is being done for the 2010 season?

I'm really hoping that the Action Zone gets some attention this year, especially in the way of paint. Flight Deck has needed a new paint job for half a decade...will this finally be the year that the park acts on it?

I'm also interested to see what will be done with The Crypt and SOB for 2010. Hopefully, we will see improvements from both attractions...

Besides the Nick Universe/Planet Snoopy retheme, does anyone have any updates about what is being done for the 2010 season?

I'm really hoping that the Action Zone gets some attention this year, especially in the way of paint. Flight Deck has needed a new paint job for half a decade...will this finally be the year that the park acts on it?

I'm also interested to see what will be done with The Crypt and SOB for 2010. Hopefully, we will see improvements from both attractions...

-Don't expect to see new paint

-Don't expect to see SOB open

-Rumors are talking about a Starlight Experience

Yeah the Action Zone seems to be the forgotten step child area of the park. I think Invertigo could use some paint too.

Oddly the "Closed" has been removed from SOB on the web site. And it would be nice to see some progress shots from the retheme.

Something I was trying to figure out, it states on the site that there will be 4 coasters in the kids area. I get Reptar, Fairly Odd, and the giggle coaster but I am not coming up with the fourth.

Yeah the Action Zone seems to be the forgotten step child area of the park. I think Invertigo could use some paint too.

Oddly the "Closed" has been removed from SOB on the web site. And it would be nice to see some progress shots from the retheme.

Something I was trying to figure out, it states on the site that there will be 4 coasters in the kids area. I get Reptar, Fairly Odd, and the giggle coaster but I am not coming up with the fourth.

They call Avatar a coaster.

IMO, CF should just "TAER" out the rose bowl helix and add a camelback or two, and a simple turnaround! This may enable use of the older trains and the return of the loop! The "rosebowl" has been the major problem due to the structure IIRC, not to mention it feels like being pushed up and down a flight of stairs in a trashcan!

The best thing that Kings Island can do is accept the fact that their World Breaaking isn't up to today's standards of reliability and effiecncy. Yes, they could remove the rose bowl and add more to the coaster, but the main point is the coaster's entire structure has the same issues of roughness. You may claim that retracking the coaster would do it good. It wouldn't. Grizzly, SOB less rough older brother, recieved a retracking last year and the difference was less than noticable. SOB problem is unfixable without going deep into the metaphorical pocket so to say. The land SOB sits on could be used for other attractions.

^Cedar Fair's first B&M flyer? Or an invert?

Or maybe they put a floorless in the place of a defunct rough woodie and theme the floorless as the ghost of the woodie coming back for revenge. That hasn't been done before, has it?

They would probably call it SkyThunderDeck:The RIDE

You forgot to add "Hawk" in there.

SkyThunderDeckHawk: The Ride: The Revenge: Coaster.

Thereby creating the longest acronym in history: STDH:TR:TR:C

I personally don't see a B&M invert coming. I'm sure it's plausible, and there are many different terrains to work with.

The only rumor that's still going around is a big Action Zone revamp. Nearly everything there is old and busted.

-Invertigo has many seats that need repair (which I assume will be fixed in the off season)

-SoB

-Flight Deck looks like crap.

-Go karts are dull.

-A few concerts are held each year at the Timberwolf, but people keep talking about it being removed.

Hopefully a revamp is planning because that's the part of the park I visit the least. I only go for Drop Tower!

^Yeah Action Zone has really started to fall apart over the years. It's atmosphere is rotting as well, not only due to a lack of upkeep but also due to CF's inability to mantain theme. That part of the park looked really good when it was under Paramount, and it was always cool walking around there. With the posters of Paramount flicks that loomed high around the area replaced with generic in-park advertisements, the really neat Action Zone sign long missing and fading paint everywhere, the area has really become the park's main (and possibly only) visual blunder. It desperately needs some attention.

Hopefully a revamp is planning because that's the part of the park I visit the least. I only go for Drop Tower!

No love for the Skycoaster?

On a related note, the Skycoaster at Kings Island is one of the poorest operated Skycoasters I've ever been to. Slow, unfriendly, and the winch stops 20 feet from the top of the tower, rendering your ride much less enjoyable as you barely get any free fall. It's sad.