TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

This is great and silly. I hope they aren't pressured to change anything!

Now if California's Great America were to, say, theme their wave pool as "The Grave Pool" for their Haunt... that might be a little too far since a kid actually drowned in it.

http://www.wlwt.com/entertainment/21043973/detail.html

Kings Island Pushes Boundaries For Halloween Haunt

Live Animals, Dead Celebrities Among Attractions

POSTED: 4:23 pm EDT September 21, 2009

UPDATED: 7:30 pm EDT September 21, 2009

MASON, Ohio -- Kings Island will employ some unusual tactics to scare park-goers this Halloween -- including the use of live animals and dead celebrities.

The park will feature the traditional butcher shop, complete with various slabs of meat, including humans. But this fall, the park will also feature live animals, something that could prove controversial.

"We want things to be as authentic as possible and incorporate some animals into one of the mazes. I think it's going to provide authenticity that we're looking for," said park spokesperson Don Helbig.

Helbig said the animals that will be used in the exhibit all belong to a park employee and they're confident none will be injured for the sake of a good scare.

Beyond the live animals, Kings Island will push the boundary of good taste with a graveyard of recently deceased celebrities.

Michael Jackson, Heath Ledger and Steve McNair are among the celebrity displays that will likely make you cringe. Farrah Fawcett even sports her famous red tank top for one display. The park promises even more.

One display shows Farrah Fawcett's skeleton in her signature pose.

"You're gonna see Ted Kennedy, Ed McMahon and there's still other ones yet to be placed," said Helbig.

Needless to say, this year's Halloween Haunt is not for the younger crowd.

"(There's) a lot of intense imagery, suggestive themes and things like that, so if you have young children, don't bring them to Halloween Haunt," recommended Helbig. Copyright 2009 by WLWT.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.wlwt.com/entertainment/21043973/detail.html <--- VIDEO!

I've merged the two KI threads together. I'm not sure we need a seperate thread discussing Haunt at KI.

It can be discussed here and when there is something significant posted, please inform one of the mods to make a change to the topic sub-title.

--Robb

Thanks, Robb!

This is going to be the year for Haunt! Come visit! This is a HUGE step for KI.

KI's Haunt has a big thing for dead celebs. The Grimm Reaper in the front of the park always had his list!

ronnyHH07jpg072909jsds.thumb.jpg.a30e368e6d496cd0f4222db4ca265925.jpg

The list. Wonder who's this year!

IMG_5206.jpg.7b5f15007cad630a996bc82d570a2e02.jpg

Hope he's not my boss this season!

^ Look at the other names on the death list. It's all a big joke. I give KI kudos for having the guts to do something like this. I haven't been to the Halloween event at KI in years, but I'll definitely go this year, just to see all this for myself.

What have we learned from my statement, children? I'll tell you: Their marketing ploy has worked wonderfully.

Once again, Kudos, Kings Island!!

-James Dillaman

Glad to see people aren't bitching up a storm about the skeletons here. It's getting out of hand on the KI sites, people saying they may not renew their season passes because of it, screaming about how "disgusting" it is, etc.

Personally, I think they're funny. There's much, much worse at local, independent haunted attractions.

Wow, some people have no sense of humour--or appreciate this holiday for what it's worth. Right now, this is my Xmas, and to make it to KI this year would trump anything I could ever want on that 'other' holiday. I tip my hat to KI, they sure have some big stones.

On a side note, I'm thinking the Death they have there will be a sit-n...the real one's been busy knocking of celebs this year (41 to count).

...that only works when the new coverage is positive.

SFKK got plenty of attention from the media when a girl got her feet severed on the drop tower. It didn't help them much.

A death on an amusement ride is different than some controversial Halloween displays. Positive or negative, people are still going to go to KI once they hear about it so see what all the commotion is about. Good move by them, I think so.

Also, I didn't know the Grim Reaper had chick handwriting!

People these days don't know what going to far is.....

This is just a little bit of crude humor and isn't of any real offense, people just don't know what crude humor is anymore.

Going to far is like using 9/11 as a theme for an area or maze. That is going to far.

Just putting fake skeletons representing dead celebrities isn't offensive, there is nothing vulgar or in bad taste.

I actually think it's quite funny.