TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

It's because they put Club Blood's sign in it's place every year...nothing to get excited about.

They get ready for Halloween that early? It's two months away.

Universal studios has been ready since like june!

I was at the Island this past Friday. The logo in front of the ride is just covered I think, it looked like it was still in there. The trains were still tarped....etc....etc..... and according to the web site the Halloween Haut starts Sept 25th, only about a month away.

I'd rather have a crazy Gravity Group than a GCI. Keep the first drop! How awesome would a Voyage 2.0 be?

I totally agree I would sooner see a out of control Gravity Group Woodie than a GCI Woodie, I still think their coasters are great but I like GG better.

So any updated info. about Son of Beast?

1. It's still closed.

2. Excepting a few people on these forums, nobody really cares.

3. Everyone wants a nice woodie built by GG or GCI to take it's place.

4. Everyone who's been on one wants an Intamin Pre-fab instead of said GG or GCI.

5. The missing logo doesn't necessarily mean the ride's being torn down.

6. The ride SHOULD be torn down

7. The dippin dots cart was closed last time I went so I have no additional info.

Hope that helps.

-James Dillaman

Screamscape said this also,

However what makes the move more strange however is that all the other nearby SOB signage (Entrance sign, height check signs, wait length time, safety warnings, etc) have all been removed as well.

Are those signs also taken down every year?

^ My guess is they would be if the ride was closed for the remainder of the year, so as not to confuse the GP...

-James Dillaman

Yeah, but the funny thing is, all the while SOB was closed and it's status unsure, the queue spiel was still playing. You could CLEARLY hear it from Flight Deck's line. They didn't care to shut that off, which I'm sure confused guests also.

Screamscape said this also,

However what makes the move more strange however is that all the other nearby SOB signage (Entrance sign, height check signs, wait length time, safety warnings, etc) have all been removed as well.

Are those signs also taken down every year?

Good question, I know they usually close White Water Canyon and Scrambler for conversion into haunts, and haunt queue areas, I'd expect the same with the Action FX Theater if they run the same haunts they did last year. I'd check around those rides to see if there signage is removed as well. Although, I'm guessing they won't close those until after labor day weekend.

We don't have a precedent for SOB as it pertains to Haunt becuase it has been open for Haunt in the past. Anybody think to take pictures of the signage, or lack thereof, when it was closed in 2006 for almost a year?

Even flight Deck is usually open until 6 on Haunt nights, then its queue becomes the Club Blood queue.

Man, I'm kinda upset about not being able to ride Son of Beast during my first trip to Kings Island. But, from what my sister has said about the ride, waiting in line to ride an earthquake coupled with a headache is just not worth it. Seems to be leading a similar path as the Rattler did at Fiesta Texas. Of course, would Cedar Fair be willing to completely alter the track's profile in order to save the mess that Paramount left behind? Like others have said, it would be beneficial and financially sound to replace it with something else. Maybe they could utilize the wood to create a whole new coaster. I guess that's left to be determined.

I'd venture a guess that this may have something to do with why they are not yet releasing the cause of the mans death.

The main problem is manpower at the coroner's office. Hamilton County is in a severe budget crisis. So, they've furloughed the coroner.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/20343365/detail.html

That's interesting - although the park is in Warren County, the office in the most populous county in the Cincinnati area is actually handling it. Does Warren not have a coroner?