TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

The only problem is with KI getting Diamondback this year and atleast 3 CF parks getting something big next year, I have a feeling they cant afford to retrack/demolish SoB until atleast 2011. For now I think its just gonna be SBNO until they have the resources to make something better.

Also...couldn't this be compared to Moonsault Scramble at Fuji-Q? Another neat-looking record breaker that was torn down because of an overall poor design and people's complaints.

And we all know how Fuji-Q cares very deeply about park operations and it's guests.

moonsault_9901.jpg.0e713a069c8051f559818fb396158fb7.jpg

Courtesy Google and Xthrill.hp

Also...couldn't this be compared to Moonsault Scramble at Fuji-Q? Another neat-looking record breaker that was torn down because of an overall poor design and people's complaints.

And we all know how Fuji-Q cares very deeply about park operations and it's guests.

ok this ride is sooo... cool were is it located!

ok this ride is sooo... cool were is it located!

I bolded where the previous poster said where it was located at.

^ I can see why!

Anyway, I can see Son of Beast standing for about a year. There might be about a 5 year plan in order to get things straightened out with that area. The space the ride fills up is so huge, there is a lot of potential there not just for a coaster, but for a few good, people eating flats as well.

I'm just pointing out that using proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling makes it A LOT easier for people to:

A) Understand what you're saying

B) Take you seriously.

C) Continue reading AFTERBURN1234's posts on TPR. You are wearing on the patience of TPR moderators, shape up quickly or you can add TPR to the list of roller coaster sites where you have been banned.

The Trains come from the Myrtle Beach Pavilion after its closing in 2006 they were on the Hurricane wooden Coaster

Hurricane: Category 5 was a Custom Coasters International wooden roller coaster located at the Myrtle Beach Pavilion. It replaced the Corkscrew roller coaster which existed since the late 1970s. The Pavilion unveiled their multimillion dollar coaster May 6, 2000. During operation, Hurricane held the record for being the tallest, fastest, and longest wooden roller coaster in South Carolina. The ride closed with the Pavilion on September 30 2006. Although Burroughs & Chapin attempted to sell the ride along with the Haunted Hotel, Log Flume, Treasure Hunt, and a few other rides, the ride was deemed too expensive task to dismantle and relocate, and was ultimately demolished in March 2007.[1] The only part of the ride not demolished were the two Gerstlauer trains used on the ride. These trains were shipped to Kings Island, an amusement park in Mason, Ohio, where they were repainted and installed on Son of Beast, the world's tallest and fastest wooden roller coaster.