TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Where does one get a LSHoF shirt?

Well, you buy one from me or Jared (Which isn't happening)....or you make one yourself

I could always make more. It just requires time, money and effort. Unfortunately I'm a college student thought, so thats not happening anytime soon

7 Hours till the bus leaves! KI, I'll be there soon...

I was there for media day today. My thoughts:

The midway looks great. The sign looks amazing, especially with the adding of more to the sign.. The queue line TVs are a nice touch, though hard to see in harsh sun. The gift shop has a nice setup and really has the western feel. The exit back to the midway seems to be solely a handicap entrance. Everyone must go through the giftshop (at least today).

The ride itself: Front is full of airtime! It's an odd sensation to get airtime, then get shoved as rest of the train catches up. The best seat IMO, and I'm not usually a front seat guy. The middle is fairly tame, not too much G's in either way, but still a fun ride. The back has lots of airtime too. It's a little more intense in the positive G category it seemed. The ride was running great, even with mostly empty cars, and it seemed to speed up as it warmed up. Also, sitting in the back seat during the splash is very intimidating! IT'S HUGE! The back also gives you that yanked feeling over the first hill!

The third hill was definitely a huge pop of air, and rather surprising. The first drop felt very similar to MF's. All told, I rode 8 times, in scattered rows, and the front was my favorite.

The trim break after the hammerhead didn't affect much, and huge airtime still soon follows. The MCBR wasn't grabbing too much either.

My only disappointment of the ride was the final helix. It seemed very tame and not very intense, yet somehow there was still a nice pop of air dropping into the lake, so I can't complain.

The cars look AWESOME with the eyes and teeth! And the seats are amazing. A trick I heard previously, and held true today. The SECOND row is basically a front seat, yet the wait is MUCH less than the actual front. Just a thought for ya all tomorrow.

The buffet provided was also very nice, and I want to say THANK YOU to KI for making such a nice day out of it. Weather was perfect, and the ride is VERY photogenic. Thanks for a great day KI!

^Wow...that is even more insane than I thought it would be?

(I know that none of us can predict the future), but should we expect those waits to be down quite a bit next Saturday? I'm debating on visiting then, or May 9th...but I'm not sure if I can wait another 3 weeks.

I just got off Diamondback. To be honest, I found the ride fairly "meh". I don't mean I didn't find it to be a great ride, but it was my first B&M hyper and its floater airtime didn't do much for me. I'll see after I get a front seat ride later.

I got in line across the pond from the station. It was just over 2 hours. So the wait isn't bad at all.

A quick review from my phone:

Great ride that will probably make the lower half of my top 10 for steel. Our total wait time was just over three hours. The crew is still a little green, which is understandable.

The airtime is good, but not as good as Goliath or Behemoth. I also like Nitro more. The ride was very smooth in row 3, but we bumped into Craig (IggyAce) and he claimed that the very back vibrated. But it's still early in the day and not that hot.

Overall this is the best ride in the park and perhaps the second best steel in Ohio (behind Maverick).

I need to get more rides in, but not today because the queue is still back onto the midway by the Eiffel Tower.

It'll be nice to see how LSHOF breaks in, but for now it didn't quite live up to the OMG BEST B&M EVER that I was hoping for.

I also counted at least two trims, which definitely makes the second half weaker than the first.

Thanks to Kings Island for the free t-shirt and actually opening their ride on opening day! Also, they managed the crowds reasonably well.

The airtime is good, but not as good as Goliath or Behemoth.

I was really hoping for a comparison between Behemoth and DB...glad you noted that...I am still looking forward to getting on DB one day however, for now, I'll sleep a little easier knowing someone prefered Behemoth over this. hehe..

^

No that can't be. What kind of idiot is going to wait in such a line.

Well I would do it if I had the opportunity right now.

I waited over 2 hours on Goliath (walibi world) on it's opening weekend.

----Hans

A quick review from my phone:

Great ride that will probably make the lower half of my top 10 for steel. Our total wait time was just over three hours. The crew is still a little green, which is understandable.

The airtime is good, but not as good as Goliath or Behemoth. I also like Nitro more. The ride was very smooth in row 3, but we bumped into Craig (IggyAce) and he claimed that the very back vibrated. But it's still early in the day and not that hot.

Overall this is the best ride in the park and perhaps the second best steel in Ohio (behind Maverick).

I need to get more rides in, but not today because the queue is still back onto the midway by the Eiffel Tower.

It'll be nice to see how LSHOF breaks in, but for now it didn't quite live up to the OMG BEST B&M EVER that I was hoping for.

I also counted at least two trims, which definitely makes the second half weaker than the first.

Thanks to Kings Island for the free t-shirt and actually opening their ride on opening day! Also, they managed the crowds reasonably well.

Isn't DB more towards the back end of the park comparable to let's say where Grizzly is at KD & yet the line to ride stretched clear back to the eiffel tower?That HAD to have been one long as heck wait in line just to reach the queue(only to have to wait again some more) & what with the capacity that most B&M's have I'm suprised that the line stretched that far back.

Isn't DB more towards the back end of the park comparable to let's say where Grizzly is at KD & yet the line to ride stretched clear back to the eiffel tower?That HAD to have been one long as heck wait in line just to reach the queue(only to have to wait again some more) & what with the capacity that most B&M's have I'm suprised that the line stretched that far back.

No, that's roughly where the Beast is. Diamondback does head towards the back of the park, but the front part of the ride is relatively close to the Eiffel Tower. The ride entrance is in an odd place, right next to the kiddie area. I don't think the online park map showed this very well at all.

The capacity is good and there were no break downs that I know of. But the crew is not that great just yet and the crowd was immense. The line looked a lot shorter as we were leaving the park at roughly 2 PM. Also, remember that not only is this opening day but the park is closed to the public tomorrow.

That's exactly what I thought the line would be like. I know Kings Island's crowd well enough to know that they LOOOVE new rides, and since this is the biggest ride in the park's history, the public won't ever take their eyes off DB at all LOL.