TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^My theory is once the train stops, people decide to take out cell phones. When the train begins to move they freak out and drop them. The nets make it so the employees only have to grab one thing instead of having to clean up a bunch of pieces on the ground

There's an employee party on Saturday to ride Diamondback from 3-5PM

....I'm going to miss it!!!!!! I've gota photography job that's paying too high for me to skip on.

This is so hard Hahahaha. I'll be there Sunday, April 19th to ride, though.

This is so hard Hahahaha. I'll be there Sunday, April 19th to ride, though.

That's what she said...

Anyway, I would guess by the placement of the netting that there will be pathways under the brake run for guests, who tend to complain if anything hits them on the head. For the same reason there's netting on the big turn of Vortex that comes really close to the pathway by the Beast entrance.

-James Dillaman

Zach.... SERIOUSLY?????

You would think the park would want the hype (assuming the employee didn't say it sucked). I am trying to figure out, did they have something else on Saturday night (late)? I swear I was hearing the fireworks around 11 pm which I thought was odd and random, but where else would they be shooting fireworks from?

We are going to get our passes processed this afternoon. Our plan is to be at the park and ready to ride at opening on the 18th. What is the park closed for on the 19th anyway?

Shari

Zach.... SERIOUSLY?????

You would think the park would want the hype (assuming the employee didn't say it sucked). I am trying to figure out, did they have something else on Saturday night (late)? I swear I was hearing the fireworks around 11 pm which I thought was odd and random, but where else would they be shooting fireworks from?

We are going to get our passes processed this afternoon. Our plan is to be at the park and ready to ride at opening on the 18th. What is the park closed for on the 19th anyway?

Shari

I was thinking the same thing, Shari! I really don't know because I've heard nothing but great things about it! (DUH) I haven't heard anything about the fireworks, and I assume they're still going off in the same area, behind the Racer.

I'll try to find some more info. Everytime I post something or ask on KIC, everything get's deleted, even if it's not breaking the rules! It's rediculous.

-JZ

The sign looks nice, but I can't help to wonder why it says "Kings Island" on it. Why would you need the name of the park on the sign?

Eric

That was actually my first reaction to the sign. Apparently, there's two parks in the world where people need a sign to be reminded where they are: Kings Island and Epcot (thank God the second one's gone).

I was going to say that it's so when all of us are old and grey and in the TPR nursing home, we can look at our pictures and won't have to turn to each other and say (in a loud voice) "Where was that "Diamondback" coaster, anyways??"

Just FYI... Sammi and I stopped to get our passes last night and I asked the employee who processed our passes if she knew what the height requirement was. She said she THOUGHT 54". Yikes. I told Sammi we need to measure her because I think that is going to be close, and I am really bumming because my best friend's daughter is maybe only about 50". Can anybody confirm or deny??

Also, said employee stated that the ride is awesome and VERY SMOOTH!!

Shari

Maybe Kings Island's average guest needs to be reminded where they are.

It's a proactive measure so that in years to come guests don't get confused with Kings Dominion's Diamondback, and Carowind's Diamondback. Diamondback will be the new _____hawk for Cedar Fair.

... I asked the employee who processed our passes if she knew what the height requirement was. She said she THOUGHT 54". Yikes. I told Sammi we need to measure her because I think that is going to be close, and I am really bumming because my best friend's daughter is maybe only about 50". Can anybody confirm or deny??

Shari

According the Canada's Wonderland website, Behemoth's height requirement is 54". Since Behemoth has the same trains and restraints and is also in a Cedar Fair park, I would expect Diamondback to also be 54".

Zach.... SERIOUSLY?????

You would think the park would want the hype

Shari

My guess is that the Kings Island wants to preserve the "authenticity" of the first rider auction. Yeah, everybody (including the bidders) knows that park employees ride new coasters first. But if a few hundred employees tell all their friends and post online that "they already rode it", the desire to bid for the first public rides may be lessened somewhat. The auction is up to nearly $84,000, and I'm sure that KI and "A Kid Again" would like to see that number go even higher.