TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

PKI Man, could you show us a picture of the 'improved' splash pool?

I'm getting more and more excited about this ride every day...

It was posted on KIC, a picture of a clear blue pool....I can't find it! D: Maybe it's some wierd light angle or something....

...Hopefully there will be some special deals on admission with the economy the way it is....

-James Dillaman

If you go online now you can get a one day general admission ticket for only 32.99 or any two days in the '09 season for only 47.99 (about the price you'd pay for one day at the gate) 2 for the price of one.

Also it's looking amazing. Each new series of photos and better videos makes me more & more excited to ride it!

I went down to the park today and grabbed some footage. Here you guys/girls are if you want to see some more testing!

This is some of the most impressive footage that I've seen. Maybe it's caused in part by the movement of the camera, but you can distinctly tell where the air on this thing will be, and it looks like there's lots of it.

I had passed this off as just another standard-issue B&M hyper, but it looks like it could actually be one of the better models they've built yet.

Here's from the Diamondback Blog.

While test runs on Diamondback continue, other rides in the park are awakening from a long winter's nap.

The trains have been placed on the tracks of several of the park's coasters and initial testing has begun on rides such as Drop Tower.

We hope you're as excited as we are to get the 2009 season started!

- Don Helbig

This is getting me so excited!

I have never been to the park while rides are open and can't wait until April 25th. I will probably get all the rides in early, be done by 1pm and walk around the park taking video/pictures until 4 and be home by 7. I figure the park won't be busy. BTW, Season pass holders get in half hour early right? I am almost off the fence on buying one, but that will get me off it.

I have never been to the park while rides are open and can't wait until April 25th. I will probably get all the rides in early, be done by 1pm and walk around the park taking video/pictures until 4 and be home by 7. I figure the park won't be busy. BTW, Season pass holders get in half hour early right? I am almost off the fence on buying one, but that will get me off it.

Yep, the season pass holders get to ride early for Diamondback.

On the second Saturday of the season that they're opening their largest coaster ever? I'd budget more time if I were you. I've been there on opening days where no new rides opened and the place was SLAMMED. Granted I've never been there on the second weekend of the season, but with the new big coaster opening up it could get quite crowded.

On the second Saturday of the season that they're opening their largest coaster ever? I'd budget more time if I were you. I've been there on opening days where no new rides opened and the place was SLAMMED. Granted I've never been there on the second weekend of the season, but with the new big coaster opening up it could get quite crowded.

It is not opening up on opening weekend?

Yeah it could be but if I don't go opening weekend I am going to be kicking myself while reading everyones trip reports and seeing their pictures. Even if I am working at the park both days of opening weekend I am still going to try to find time to ride it at least once.