TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Does anyone have a shot of the hood on the front car? I remember in the promotional videos it had some sort of decorative snake face so I'm eager to see what it looks like, or if there’s anything there at all.

After all I'm sure Cedar Fair had never let anyone down based on their promotional ads.

Nothing's different from the hood in real life to the promotional videos/renderings. So far, no up-close shots of the trains.

Does anyone have a shot of the hood on the front car? I remember in the promotional videos it had some sort of decorative snake face so I'm eager to see what it looks like, or if there’s anything there at all.

After all I'm sure Cedar Fair had never let anyone down based on their promotional ads.

This is all I got for ya, sorry.

1008070581_Picture2.png.363c045b78ae3ae895cfbfa6f0d2841c.png

Here you can see the sweet fangs and stuff.

Sorry for this, I tried looking and could not find anything. But what is the point of doing a pull through? Does KI/B&M get statistical data from it or is it used to check the stresses on the trains? Does a pull through involve an empty train or are there water dummies along for the ride? Was it during the pull through for Maverick that the heartline was determined to be too intense? Sorry

No reason to be sorry...

As far as I know, pull-thru's are to check all clearances and how the train navigates the track.

I don't know what worthwhile data would be retrieved in a pull-thru as the vehicle wouldn't be traveling at normal speed.

Sorry for this, I tried looking and could not find anything. But what is the point of doing a pull through? Does KI/B&M get statistical data from it or is it used to check the stresses on the trains? Does a pull through involve an empty train or are there water dummies along for the ride? Was it during the pull through for Maverick that the heartline was determined to be too intense? Sorry

If you would do a clearance check at full speed, and something hits the train, you're in trouble. However, when pulling the train slowly, you can get rid of any obstructions before it wrecks the train.

so, am i the only one not enamored with these trains? the snake theming might be cool, i guess, if done well (and those photographs don't show enough detail for me to tell!), but the seating arrangement just seems kind of pointless…

People said the same thing when the Behemoth trains were revealed. In my experience, it didn't really make that big of a difference. I think the point is to give everyone a good view no matter where they are sitting. The outside seats are nice and exposed/isolated with this new seating arrangement, but really it didn't seem to matter that much. It still feels and rides very much like a B&M Mega.

Is the back more intense than, say sitting in the back of Nitro, or another B&M Hyper with old trains? It may just be an optical illusion, but the new trains seem longer.

I think the trains are longer, but it really didn't seem any more intense in the back. It's still a B&M and not an Intamin.

^A pull through is when they slowly pull the train through the entire circuit to make sure that there aren't any trees, bushes, or other objects that the riders can touch.(supports are engineered to be out of reach, so they're typically never a problem. )

What exactly is a pull through?

Pretty much what Kennyweird said. Usually it's done with one of the cars with a big plywood board attached to it. The board is cut in a specific way so that it can represent the space the train with riders waving their hands around needs to safely complete the course. If there's anything that prevents the car and the board from getting through, they remove it before they start testing. Once the pull through is completed it means the track is clear and ready for actual testing.