TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

The entire structure of Diamondback is quite impressive. I know a lot of you guys are from different parts of the country and don't get to visit Kings Island as much as I do, so you haven't been able to see this thing develop for yourselves. It certainly has and will change the landscape of the whole park, much less Rivertown. Personally I'd say it's in a good way. The whole thing fits in so perfectly.

It looks massive, but I'm still a bit worried about a lack of airtime in those gigantic hills. They are all so very tall.

Well, yeah there big, but look at how tight the apex is. Plus not to mention the downward terrain adds a new factor in the airtime levels.

Personally I think there’s going to be consistent and log lasting floater air after the first air hill, but nobody will truly know until they've ridden it!

It looks massive, but I'm still a bit worried about a lack of airtime in those gigantic hills. They are all so very tall.

Behemoth is shaped the same, and has a decent amount of airtime.

It's not going to rip you out of your seat like an Intamin hyper, but it should still be good.

This looks so nice and smooth and perfect. It couldn't look any better! Definately one of the best, if not the best, hyper coasters IMO. I can't wait to read the reviews on this!

The KI people are certainly excited about the air time. They haven't put any amount of 'total airtime seconds' on it, but the buzz is that it'll surpass The Voyage in air time. We'll find out in a few months!

This looks so nice and smooth and perfect. It couldn't look any better! Definately one of the best, if not the best, hyper coasters IMO. I can't wait to read the reviews on this!

The KI people are certainly excited about the air time. They haven't put any amount of 'total airtime seconds' on it, but the buzz is that it'll surpass The Voyage in air time. We'll find out in a few months!

Honestly, I highly doubt it will have more airtime than Voyage... Voyage holds the record of most airtime at 24 seconds I believe, so it would be kind of hard to beat that! And there are ten drops on Diamondback but only seven of them you will actually get noticeable weightlessness, so each of those seven airtime hills would have to have atleast 3.442 seconds of airtime. My guess is that there will only be about 22 seconds (give or take a few) of airtime.

^Although, it depends on how they rank airtime. As far as I know, Holiday World considered anything lower than .25 g's airtime. With the way B&M designs their hills (to have prolonged floater air) it is possible. Not likely because of the small number of hills, but still possible.

Honestly, I highly doubt it will have more airtime than Voyage... Voyage holds the record of most airtime at 24 seconds I believe, so it would be kind of hard to beat that! And there are ten drops on Diamondback but only seven of them you will actually get noticeable weightlessness, so each of those seven airtime hills would have to have atleast 3.442 seconds of airtime. My guess is that there will only be about 22 seconds (give or take a few) of airtime.

This is the greatest post ever. Your patch jacket is in the mail.

Where do you see a trim on the 3rd hill? I'm not saying I disagree with you, I just can't find a pic that shows it well enough. Also, the only place a trim was in the animation was the hill after the hammerhead (4th hill). I realize that the animation isn't exact, but the 3rd hill seems less likely than the 4th.

The hill after the hammerhead would be the third.

-lift hill: 1

-second hill into ravine:2

-third hill under second hill:3

Er...what about that big tall thing between the "-second hill into ravine:2" and "-hammerhead"?

Or did you mean to say that the trim is on the fourth hill? (Which is why you couldn't find it on the third hill.)

I'm so confused.

The hill after the hammerhead would be the third.

-lift hill: 1

-second hill into ravine:2

-hammerhead

-third hill under second hill:3

Not if you're counting the lift hill, bud. You can roll those eyes right back at yourself! LOL.

Like Electerik said... it goes

-Lift hill: 1

-Hill into ravine: 2

-Hill out of ravine: 3

-Hammerhead

-Hill under 3rd hill: 4 <<

But Matteo would be right...its the 3rd hill in THAT picture.

The 2 sections before the splash were installed this morning, and the final piece is now in. I would say check out the webcam, but apparently it's currently overrun with usage and isn't working for most people. New blog also will tell you the last piece is going in today. Looks like they wanted track work done before the snow/ice expected tonight through Wednesday!

Edit: Looks as though you have to be patient. I finally got an image. Looky!: