TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Oh yeah, and they're also charging big park prices now on admission. So why not some big park rides?

Yes, they indeed are charging 'big park prices', but you seem to forget that their 'big park price' includes FREE parking, soft drinks, inner tubes, and sunscreen.

I do agree with your other points though, and I too am praying that all goes well with Pilgrims Plunge, and Holiday World continues to go with Intamin. Thing is, the park has already started planning their additions up through 2011, so the Intamin relationship may mean nothing as far as the near future goes.

I am going to the SOAR event as well. I am not an ACE member, but I know you can be a guest. 12.00 for guest/10.00 for ACE member. I of course will be wearing a black TPR Tshirt, so when you see me, say hello.

I do believe I will have to join ACE in order to go to media day.

^Actually media day accepts all card carrying coaster clubs, including the much cheaper GOCC (Great Ohio Coaster Club) Apparently its $20 a year for a few events each year (website doesnt say what for this year, but I bet theres gonna be something for Diamondback), reduced admission for HW, and access to any coaster club function.

If you look on the webcam, it looks like the course is complete through the break run. That means we have the final helix and one piece from the splashdown left. This really looks like a fun ride and a great addition to KI. I can't wait to see some new pictures of the completed track.

I've really enjoyed watching this take shape. It will probably be one of the few new rides I'll get to try out this year, which makes it all that much more intriguing to me. Hell, this ride inspired me to get my first-ever pass. Really looking forward to it.

631465728_Picture2.png.a15446ad531fdc1d1897b04edc66568e.png

You can see the edge of the now-completed brake run off to the side. Woo-hoo

^Actually media day accepts all card carrying coaster clubs

Are you sure? To go to the media day at Cedar Point, you had to be invited by the park.

including the much cheaper GOCC (Great Ohio Coaster Club) Apparently its $20 a year for a few events each year (website doesnt say what for this year, but I bet theres gonna be something for Diamondback), reduced admission for HW, and access to any coaster club function.

Spring Fling will be at Knoebels on April 25th (opening day).

They will be having an event at Kings Island on August 22nd.

A GOCC membership should get you into most if not all Park Sponsored events too. I know it's accepted for Holiwood Nights and Coaster Mania.