TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Ok, I know this isn't part of the whole credit whoring/complaining discussion, but I'm just going to say, I saw the POV on the website, and to be completely honest, it looks amazing. It was the longest ride I've ever watched (pov) or ridden on, it keeps its pace the whole way through, and looks just great.

^Idk how you can say it's the longest ride you have ever seen or ridden when you have been on Millennium Force and California Screaming. Both coasters are over 6,000 feet while Diamondback is only in the 5,200 foot range.

The part of the ride I am looking forward to the most is the 215 foot drop at a 74 degree angle. It looks and sounds sick! Can anybody tell me how Behemoth's first drop is compared to Nitro or Apollo's Chariot? I have been on those two coasters and they have amazing drops. Is Behemoth's better than those two?

I hope they'll build a deck or walkway over where the water splash is. The water splash would kind of be pointless otherwise.

Not really. While it looks good, it also doubles as a braking mechanisim. So it actually serves more of a purpose than just being pleasing on the eyes and a cool feature...

dragsterfan420 wrote:

I hope they'll build a deck or walkway over where the water splash is. The water splash would kind of be pointless otherwise.

Not really. While it looks good, it also doubles as a braking mechanisim. So it actually serves more of a purpose than just being pleasing on the eyes and a cool feature...

I know it also slows down the ride, but it's really so minimal that it's not really noticeable. If you look at the designs for the attachments on the trains that make the water fly up you can see that B&M chose the least friction shape. Also from being on Sheikra I can personally tell you that all the water splash does is keep you going at a constant speed. I'm not saying that it was a bad idea for them to put the water splash in the ride, I just think it would be pretty stupid if people can't get wet by the water that splashes out from the ride.

^ I used to love watching Mr. Wizard.

From a physics standpoint, even if you cannot feel the slowing down of the train, the water does add resistance and will slow it down.

I really don't get all the complaining. You complain that SF isn't building big exciting rides, and then CF is building something big and fast and there are still complaints. Granted it's not an aquatrax , but what the hell would be enough so there wouldn't be complaints?

I may never ride this, but it looks like a lot of fun.

I really don't get all the complaining. You complain that SF isn't building big exciting rides, and then CF is building something big and fast and there are still complaints. Granted it's not an aquatrax , but what the hell would be enough so there wouldn't be complaints?

I may never ride this, but it looks like a lot of fun.

The complaining is just part of the game. If they went with Intamin, people would be complaining about reliability and how a B&M would have broader appeal. Etc.

For me personally, I'm just lazy. I wanted Kings Island to build the new #1 steel in my back yard so I wouldn't have to travel far to ride it. Also for bragging rights. Yeah, I know Kings Island would NEVER do such a thing, but I can always dream.

I agree with ginzo (lazyness and all). I'm just happy that my second home park (though I would LOVE for Coney to get a new coaster) is getting an awesome steel coaster. Personally, I loved Nitro, so if this is really slightlymodified Nitro, then I'm not complaining. Suddenly one of my favorite hypers from half way across the USA from me just came to my homepark with a cool color scheme, and a name that I called 2 years ago.

The complaining is just part of the game. If they went with Intamin, people would be complaining about reliability and how a B&M would have broader appeal. Etc.

For me personally, I'm just lazy. I wanted Kings Island to build the new #1 steel in my back yard so I wouldn't have to travel far to ride it. Also for bragging rights. Yeah, I know Kings Island would NEVER do such a thing, but I can always dream.

HUH??!?!? Its not like it's your coaster lol. Who on earth would you brag to?

HUH??!?!? Its not like it's your coaster lol. Who on earth would you brag to?

Anyone who has to buy a $1,200 plane ticket in order to ride their favorite coaster. Aka the situation I'm currently in.

That's awesome. Just awesome.

And we wonder why enthusiasts get a bad rap.

I'm just being Cap. Obvious and pointing out that no matter what they build there's going to be complaining because you can't please everyone.

And, no. I've *never* wondered why people would look askance upon enthusiasts.

I don't even get why people complain,

it's not like their building a Vekoma SLC with an inch of space between the lateral wheels and the track. (*Cough* Flight Deck, CW *Cough*)

For real. I was just thinking, what it we all got so hyped out about this and it turned out to be a bad ride design, such as an SLC. Theirs really no reason to complain. Theirs only one trim brake on the whole ride!!!!!, its going to go into the woods, and its a freaking B&M hyper!!!! Come on people.

Another thing that has failed to been mentioned is how fun this ride will be at night. Especially during FearFest/Halloween Haunt time and you can stay in the park after 10:00pm. I think when you dive down under the tree line it's going to be dark, if not pitch black, and then when you raise up over the tree line you're going to be able to see light from around the park. I think that's going to be a great effect.

I'm just being Cap. Obvious and pointing out that no matter what they build there's going to be complaining because you can't please ANYONE.

Fixed.

Ha. That's actually what I originally typed.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go bid on a piece of Raging Wolf Bobs track. $250 seems like a steal for a termite-infested old piece of lumber.

To JamesDillaman, I don't.

Unfortunately, I now only get to ride in the short breaks that I get between quarters. And considering Christmas is the only long break, unfortunately there's not really any time to go to amusement parks (although I do go to Universal Studios the first week of my Christmas break).

^Idk how you can say it's the longest ride you have ever seen or ridden when you have been on Millennium Force and California Screaming. Both coasters are over 6,000 feet while Diamondback is only in the 5,200 foot range.

The part of the ride I am looking forward to the most is the 215 foot drop at a 74 degree angle. It looks and sounds sick! Can anybody tell me how Behemoth's first drop is compared to Nitro or Apollo's Chariot? I have been on those two coasters and they have amazing drops. Is Behemoth's better than those two?

better than all hypers man, its very steep fast and smooth, and a lil bigger than nitros drop and diamondback, i think behemoths drop is i think 225 f.t or so at a 75 degree angle.

I don't even get why people complain,

it's not like their building a Vekoma SLC with an inch of space between the lateral wheels and the track. (*Cough* Flight Deck, CW *Cough*)

For real. I was just thinking, what it we all got so hyped out about this and it turned out to be a bad ride design, such as an SLC. Theirs really no reason to complain. Theirs only one trim brake on the whole ride!!!!!, its going to go into the woods, and its a freaking B&M hyper!!!! Come on people.

Another thing that has failed to been mentioned is how fun this ride will be at night. Especially during FearFest/Halloween Haunt time and you can stay in the park after 10:00pm. I think when you dive down under the tree line it's going to be dark, if not pitch black, and then when you raise up over the tree line you're going to be able to see light from around the park. I think that's going to be a great effect.

I'm totally with you, man! This thing will be sick! That first drop looks incredible. It just gets steeper and steeper and doesn't pull out until your fairly close to the ground! I sense some serious floater air. Now I'm just wondering if it will be better than my current favorite, Goliath at SFOG. I can't think of a prediction right now. psshhh. doesn't matter! It will be a great coaster no matter what!

better than all hypers man, its very steep fast and smooth, and a lil bigger than nitros drop and diamondback, i think behemoths drop is i think 225 f.t or so at a 75 degree angle.

One degree and a ten feet here or there isn't very noticeable or enough to get excited about.

They all sound kinda puny next to MF's 300 ft 80 degree drop anyway.

I think this is going to be a great ride. I like the fact that you have slight turns at the bottom of some drops - a little change in direction can make a good out and back ride a bit better. I hope the MCBR doesn`t affect the second half too much - but it may allow for faster cycling of the trains.

I`m looking forward to riding Diamondback.

David