TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

SROS DL/SFA - a 90 degree turn inches above the ground. mad fun

Goliath - Stengel Dive

That super long helix on the S:RoS mirrors is probably the most boring part of the ride. They are way too big and drawn out.

Also, turning the top of one hill sideways is not that big of a deal. I mean, it's fun, but a regular air hill would be pretty much just as fun.

Anyway, looks like a cool ride, definately much needed at KI.

And, to argue against the idea that hypers can't be original, what about S:ROS at SFNE? That's a much different ending than the typical hyper. And Goliath at Walibi World (or whatever that park is now)?

Yep - it's silly to say hypers can't be original. Hypers are essentially huge steel versions of wood coasters. While most have been essentially out and back designs, there is no reason why the layouts can't be just as original as those of wood coasters, and more so.

However, while Diamondback isn't as groundbreaking as the Beast was in its day, it's a good solid addition to the park and sorely needed. It's the ride they should have built instead of SoB (IMO).

SROS DL/SFA - a 90 degree turn inches above the ground. mad fun

Goliath - Stengel Dive

That super long helix on the S:RoS mirrors is probably the most boring part of the ride. They are way too big and drawn out.

Also, turning the top of one hill sideways is not that big of a deal. I mean, it's fun, but a regular air hill would be pretty much just as fun.

Anyway, looks like a cool ride, definately much needed at KI.

I meant the turn after the drop. If you're sitting on the inside i find it to be one of the funnest moments on a ride. The helix's suck tho. Honestly, if they got rid of both of them and put in some sharp turns and hills it would be awesome. SFA has all that room and made a ride that looked like it was designed on RCT2 by a 10 year old. With that said it's still in my (credit lacking) top 5. The parts that dont suck are awesome and some of the best, then you just sit back and yawn through those helix's and that one straight-away.

I'm just wondering why a lot of people are saying Nitro is slow and doesn't produce a lot of airtime. I always get a huge amount of floater airtime over every hill. If you sit in the front seat you get more than floater airtime over the bunny hills at the end of the ride. It may not ejector but it is VERY strong floater. As for me, I hope this coaster produces a ride similar to Nitro.

I don't think B&M is to blame here. I'm sure CF is asking them for "the standard".

Blame? "The standard"? Hahahahaha. You guys are hilarious. How many terrain megacoasters with this exact sequence of elements has B&M produced that it's a "standard" now?

You guys are acting like this a Morgan hyper or a Batman clone or something.

I first rode S:ROS at SFNE before riding the clones at SFDL and SFA and talk about a total letdown. For me, those two S:ROS coasters are the 2 of the worst roller coasters Intamin has built. Not only do the helices suck, but the re is WAY too much straight track and the first and second hills give almost no airtime. Granted, they are still decent coasters...

Diamondback does look like it has potential to be one of B&M's best hypers, but some of us were just hoping for something a little more "ground-breaking" or insane with the way they were hyping it. Either way, I'll be making a trip to Ohio next summer.

Several points yet to be made:

A. Yes, this installation is undoubtedly good for KI. But then again, just about any non-Geauga firesale relocation would've been an improvement, so that's not saying a whole lot.

B. It IS a good choice of coaster to go with, despite the pointless disections of everything from the colors to the lift hill supports.....and even the colors of the lift hill supports!

C. Despite a solid B&M hyper addition, after riding, I'm gonna be saying to myself, "Dammit, I'm still stuck at KI for the rest of the day."

D. Perhaps since KI got the B&M hyper, CF will graciously reward Carowinds a Piraten clone since the "region" already has Goliath and Apollo's. I hate to give them that much credit, but here's hoping that's the way someone in management sees it.

I don't think B&M is to blame here. I'm sure CF is asking them for "the standard".

Blame? "The standard"? Hahahahaha. You guys are hilarious. How many terrain megacoasters with this exact sequence of elements has B&M produced that it's a "standard" now?

I don't really get how this is a terrain coaster... But that aside, all I was saying is that people have been jumping on B&M's case about the ride being to similar to other hypers. Cedar Fair is probably asking them for a similar ride. It works. I realize this isn't an exact copy. I've said several times I'm impressed with this ride.

I first rode S:ROS at SFNE before riding the clones at SFDL and SFA and talk about a total letdown. For me, those two S:ROS coasters are the 2 of the worst roller coasters Intamin has built. Not only do the helices suck, but the re is WAY too much straight track and the first and second hills give almost no airtime. Granted, they are still decent coasters...

Diamondback does look like it has potential to be one of B&M's best hypers, but some of us were just hoping for something a little more "ground-breaking" or insane with the way they were hyping it. Either way, I'll be making a trip to Ohio next summer.

Totaly agree.

I rode Sros at SFA back in may and it did suck.

That ride was a total let down to me.

Let's just hope that this BM get some decent airtime. I don't expect this ride will have massive ejector air.

----hans

D. Perhaps since KI got the B&M hyper, CF will graciously reward Carowinds a Piraten clone since the "region" already has Goliath and Apollo's. I hate to give them that much credit, but here's hoping that's the way someone in management sees it.

QFT. Someone please end the US's Intamin woodie/hyper drought.

I have to agree with this. It's not like the GP digs coaster as much as we do. (if they did they would be enthusiasts) They wouldn't notice or really even care if the design was similar to another park's coaster. What's wrong with a park having their own version of Nitro or Behemoth? I personally get excited when a new coaster is announced especially if it's a hyper and ESPECIALLY if it's a B&M. You can't go wrong with them.

B. It IS a good choice of coaster to go with, despite the pointless disections of everything from the colors to the lift hill supports.....and even the colors of the lift hill supports!

I acctually LIKE the colors! I think they look pretty good, acctually.

The day they announce it, will be the day I buy my plane ticket to Charlotte.

As for Diamondback, I think it'll be a very nice addition to the park and I'm happy to see Kings Island finally get a B&M. ...But I'm really in no rush to go and ride it, I have a couple of Intamins I have to plan trips around first.

Whoever was saying that Intamin hypers were all "innovative" with their elements, give me a break. That stengal dive that Goliath at Walibi World has hardly looks any different from the hammerhead/overbanked turn that Goliath at SFOG has. I don't see their "stengal dive as all that innovative."

I don't really get how this is a terrain coaster...

Big difference between a terrain coaster and a terrain hyper, though I know I'm stating the obvious there. I'd say the dive into the ravine and the dip down into the pool are enough to constitute a "terrain hyper" title. It's obviously not going to hug the ground like Maverick (as then it'd be really tough to have 150' hills...). The fact that most of the ride is back in the hilly wooded area also helps distinguish it as a terrain hyper.

At least that's how I see it.

Whoever was saying that Intamin hypers were all "innovative" with their elements, give me a break. That stengal dive that Goliath at Walibi World has hardly looks any different from the hammerhead/overbanked turn that Goliath at SFOG has. I don't see their "stengal dive as all that innovative."

Well if you can't see the differences in the two elements and which one actually took alittle innovation then you must have the eyeballs of an idiot

Awe man, what am I supposed to do now. I wanted to flame.

In all seriousness I don't think the ride looks half bad. I feel that the only people complaining are those that took the hints and clues too far and were let down by expectations that would never have been met.