TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I do like the coaster and dont really have anything against it. Its a beast really. I wish we had a big time parks with big time coasters down here. I have only been on three hypers(Magnum, Titan, GoliathSFOG), I hope I can make it back up to Ohio one day soon, alot has changed since I was last up there. I was making an observation and stating an opinion. I dont think everyone is bitching more than they are just stating their opinions.

Well I thought these boards were here to get information, post news, pictures, TRs, comments/opinions. If there is a comment or an opinion you don't happen to like ...move on it's that simple

Not everyone is going to like the ride I don't care who it's made by there is still someone that's not going to like something about it.

I'm never said the ride was horrible since i haven't ridden it, nor did I say it's not going to bring people through KI gates i'm sure it will.

I'm just not a fan of B&M AT ALL and IMO, MY OPINION, think that 22 million dollars is a bit much for a coaster as off the shelf and basic as this one. That's doesn't mean the ride won't be rideable, I just have more of a problem with the totall lack of creativity and 22 million dollars for something that's been done time and time again. Even though it's been said that B&M are just giving the parks what they ask for it still sucks IMO.

It just seams like CF/B&M/KI, didn't even attemp to try to put in anything creative nor original into this project. Anyways I'm sure this will be a big hit for KI regardless what I think this is just my opinion that all that's it.

No B&M hyper (that I have ridden: Nitro, Apollo's, Goliath, Raging Bull) has a lot of airtime. Goliath at SFOG has the most IMO, but not a lot.

I'm dying to hear your definition of airtime.

I agree. Apollo and Goliath have massive quantities of airtime --- are you just not a fan of the floater-air-variety, BeemerBoy?

As for Diamondback, there's no way in hell anyone can determine the kind of airtime this thing will deliver until opening day. They all ride differently. Nitro, for example, sucks in my opinion.

No B&M hyper (that I have ridden: Nitro, Apollo's, Goliath, Raging Bull) has a lot of airtime. Goliath at SFOG has the most IMO, but not a lot.

I'm dying to hear your definition of airtime.

I agree. Apollo and Goliath have massive quantities of airtime --- are you just not a fan of the floater-air-variety, BeemerBoy?

Actually I am a big fan of every B&M hyper and the floater air it delivers.

Wait, I think I misread hemmy's quote. Here's how I think he meant it to read:

"No, (comma) B&M hypers have a lot of airtime...."

Hemmy, am I correct in assuming that's what you meant?

Just got back from the park. I'm amazed to see a 12 page thread has already been posted...JZ has a huge media update to post, but he's seeing Dark Knight right now. Anyways, insight

First and foremost, I'd like to mention how I called the name and location years ago Aside from that, ride looks awesome so far. Its gonna be cool to have it fly over the train, walkways, and Crypt multiple times, and should create some cool natural support tunnels for said areas. As for the ride itself, I've heard work from several officials that there would be little to no trims, so heres to some delicious B&M airtime!

Also, JZ and I were wearing our LSHoF shirts. We got nearly the entire KI staff, press, and everyone else involved by the time we left.

Just got back from the park. I'm amazed to see a 12 page thread has already been posted...JZ has a huge media update to post, but he's seeing Dark Knight right now. Anyways, insight

First and foremost, I'd like to mention how I called the name and location years ago Aside from that, ride looks awesome so far. Its gonna be cool to have it fly over the train, walkways, and Crypt multiple times, and should create some cool natural support tunnels for said areas. As for the ride itself, I've heard work from several officials that there would be little to no trims, so heres to some delicious B&M airtime!

Also, JZ and I were wearing our LSHoF shirts. We got nearly the entire KI staff, press, and everyone else involved by the time we left.

You did call the name and location correctly. JZ told me he and you were going to be on the 5 o'clock news on channel 5 WLWT. I saw the video but I didn't see you guys. I you find it. Could you post it here and/or post a link.

As most people I'm very excited about this ride also. I also like how its going to be flying over the Crypt, the walkways, and the train.

Yeah, I'm trying to find that clip right now. Apparently the reporters got JZ's name wrong and called him Jack. I'm not sure if they got any of what I said, but I've heard that they did quote JZ, and we were both standing there in our LSHoF shirts.

I think Beemer Boy was referring to ejector air. B&M hypers have some good floater air, but I have yet to ride one that has ejector air that is anywhere close to what many Intamin hypers deliver.

Yes, floater air can be fun, but for the "big" coasters, I'm looking for an intense ride, lots of ejector air and some bone-crushing helices. B&M hyper are definitely more "family" friendly when compared to their Intamin competitors (or even the plug 'n' play woodies). Some of us are just disappointed that parks are choosing B&M hypers over superior Intamin hypers.

I'm not saying the ride will be bad, I'm just worried that it won't deliver a ton of air time. Some of those hills seem too high. As an enthusiast, I'm looking for intensity, not "looks" or size. The problem probably is that these are built for the GP, not us crazies.

Hopefully it will have plenty of airtime and will be great...

Very Nice! This coaster looks awesome, and for once, Kings Island will have a coaster with lots of air on it lol (although Vortex's first drop is great in the back air wise).

The funny thing is that the layout is very close to what my prediction would be of the coaster.

I have a feeling this will be a winner. Notice how many drops are over 100 ft tall. That's cool (at least to me). Kings Island's got a good one coming.

KI has airtime. You just have to be willing to take some pain to get it (backseat SoB, wheel seat in front car of Racer, double ride seats on Beast, anywhere on Vortex...) I'll just be happy if Diamondback gives airtime that wont shatter your back.

As for the whole B&M in-creativity thing, I personally love how they modeled it after Behemoth and Nitro. For an Ohioan, its awesome to have that kind of thing so close to home. Nitro was fun when I went to GAdv, so I'm happy to have something similar at my homepark, and I'm not going to Canada anytime soon, so...

The point I'm trying to make is not everybody goes around the world riding coasters. If we have a clone mix-up at a close by park, more power to us.

Intensity wise, KI is a family park, so B&M is a better option than an intense company like Intamin.

See to me this ride looks awesome, for those who complain about a color, or 1 little trim brake, its annoying. Why not keep comments to your selves until you actually experience the ride? Judging by a CG is very dumb. Ride first, then review. Its funny though everyone here who complains about a new ride always comes back after riding it with "rave" reviews on how awesome it was. Or they come back hiding the fact that they love it and show a review of very bad and or negative reviews just to float their boats and feel higher about themselves.

Just honestly here be happy you finally got a B&M at the park of a massive scale. Where as my home park keeps getting hand me downs.

Intensity wise, KI is a family park, so B&M is a better option than an intense company like Intamin.

The tallest, fastest and meanest roller coaster to hit Kings Island unleashes its fury with over 5,200 FEET of steel track. 230 FEET TALL, this monster twists and turns through 10 ACRES of terrain, wooded hills with a spectacular splashdown ending to give you the ultimate thrill, without the venom! Diamondback will open APRIL 2009.

Doesn't sound like they're marketing it as a family ride to me.

The tallest, fastest and meanest roller coaster to hit Kings Island unleashes its fury with over 5,200 FEET of steel track. 230 FEET TALL, this monster twists and turns through 10 ACRES of terrain, wooded hills with a spectacular splashdown ending to give you the ultimate thrill, without the venom! Diamondback will open APRIL 2009.

Doesn't sound like they're marketing it as a family ride to me.

Exactly. I mean, look at the CAPS they use. APRIL! APRIL!

Well my non-expert, expert opinion is that this coaster seems pretty original to me. It seems that B&M hypers are building on themselves and evolving. I mean it started out with the typical out and back style of apollo and now features sweeping drops multi helicies and various angles. There isnt much you can do with a coaster that only features hills and turns. I, for one, am glad cedar fair isn't into making hyper clones like the supermans and the goliaths. they are giving each park their individual hyperness...except CAROWINDS!!!!

Diamondback does what an out and back coaster is supposed to do and does even more. It goes out with really big hills, does a turn around then comes back with some bunny hops, but then B&M added the helixs and the splashdown to make the coaster even better. So I don't understand all the complaining about when this coaster does more then an average hyper coaster. I for one can't wait to go back to King's Island next year to ride this.

KI has airtime. You just have to be willing to take some pain to get it (backseat SoB, wheel seat in front car of Racer, double ride seats on Beast, anywhere on Vortex...) I'll just be happy if Diamondback gives airtime that wont shatter your back.

As for the whole B&M in-creativity thing, I personally love how they modeled it after Behemoth and Nitro. For an Ohioan, its awesome to have that kind of thing so close to home. Nitro was fun when I went to GAdv, so I'm happy to have something similar at my homepark, and I'm not going to Canada anytime soon, so...

The point I'm trying to make is not everybody goes around the world riding coasters. If we have a clone mix-up at a close by park, more power to us.

Ditto. Kings Island has lots of airtime. I'd even go as far to say their's more airtime in King's Island than Cedar Point, Magic Mountain, Holiday World, etc. On every hill on the Red Racer you get airtime, when sitting in the back car on Vortex you get airtime all the way down the first drop and in other places, on Backlot: SC (Italian Job) you get airtime going over those little hills, on the Beast, a coaster not designed for airtime gets some when riding in the back of the train, on SoB you get some airtime again riding in the back half of the train, and I believe that this new coaster, Diamondback will have airtime also. The hills look very "pointy" at the crest of each airtime hill will probably result in ejector air. I believe that that rest of the until maybe the MCBR will also have airtime.