TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

For those complaining about the lack of originality, which B&M hypers were so totally original? They're all hills, turns, and helixes.

I think the layout is v. good, I really don't see why anyone is complaining.

While it's easy to point out how B&M is copying elements of other coasters, we're seeing the first splashdown not on a Busch Gardens dive machine. The ride also travels over the midway, with the return portion very close to the midway, hovering over the Crypt and Beast plazas - very photogenic. It uses the best of both worlds - prominently placed while tucked into the woods at the same time.

I believe Dive Coaster at chimelong paradise also has a splashdown. I am curious to see a splashdown on a hyper though. With the long trains it will look much different.

I also like how the first drop is right towards the midway. That will give great views on and off the ride.

For those complaining about the lack of originality, which B&M hypers were so totally original? They're all hills, turns, and helixes.

Ditto. Hyper's can't really get that "unique." B&M loopers, floorless, inverted, twisters, are much more capable of being unique because they can do more. Everyone stop sayin' this "sucks" 'cause you just don't know yet. I highly doubt any B&M hyper would "suck". This coaster is just about amile long, flies through the woods, has a water splash, and has a pretty great layout. Just stop judging from the animated videos. THose are know to look slow. Plus they don't account for the wait of the average passenger.

I ride coasters for one reason, to have fun. This ride looks like it will be fun to ride. I like the layout, through the woods and some parts over the paths or lines for other rides. Looks like the entrance will be close to the Eiffel Tower, will make for a short and brutal running of the bulls in the morning.

I for one think the ride looks very good and will look forward to riding this next April.

I was a bit let down by Behemoth despite a lot of other people giving it glowing reviews (I felt it really lacked in good airtime pretty much everywhere I sat on the coaster), so I'm having a "wait and see" attitude on this one. Visually, it LOOKS like a nice ride and will make a great addition to the park's skyline, but as for the ride itself, I'll just have to wait until I can get back to KI to ride it myself...

No B&M hyper (that I have ridden: Nitro, Apollo's, Goliath, Raging Bull) has a lot of airtime. Goliath at SFOG has the most IMO, but not a lot.

You're right about it being up to the parks. B&M would be given a site, path, and budget of a coaster by the park and B&M would then begin designing. I like the ride alot, its like Goliath(SFOG) squared. The thing I see thats kinda off is how it flows in front the Crypt's entrance and obstructs it. It being such a boring day since the announcement, what do you all think of this alteration? After the MCBR, it drops to a slight turn to the right to a bunny hill then rise up into a downward helix, then into two bunny hills, the second bunny hill going over the path into the splashdown...I need a life huh?

db_2009_hypercoasterlayout31_173.jpg.0a20ddab230b6679707596609b07fc0a.jpg

Just messing around...

Personally, my point was just that the elements and layouts bear a striking resemblance. I agree, they are quality rides that are very popular and low-maintenance, so they are doing there job, but they use to be a little more original. For example, the first three hypers they did were Raging Bull, Apollo, and Nitro. To me, all three of those are very different from each other in flow and layout. Then you look at the recent designs like this and Behemoth, and there flow and layouts really aren't that different from each other. Again, I'm not complaining about the quality. I'm not saying it doesn't make business sense. I'm saying that I'm noticing a trend.

Whats funny is everyone is complaining because there is nothing new with this coaster.

You could say the splash down is new(at least on hypers) element, but you complain that they should just put a bunny hill instead.

So you don't want a cookie cutter hyper, yet when they toss in something new, you say, thats gay they should have just went with...(cookie cutter elements)

I love the fact it goes over the midway.

Whats funny is everyone is complaining because there is nothing new with this coaster.

You could say the splash down is new(at least on hypers) element, but you complain that they should just put a bunny hill instead.

So you don't want a cookie cutter hyper, yet when they toss in something new, you say, thats gay they should have just went with...(cookie cutter elements)

I love the fact it goes over the midway.

Great point man. I was just going to say something of that sort.

I, too, hate roller coasters that are too similar to all the others. I'm actually not surprised that Kings Island decided to use wheels on this coaster. That's so typical. Nothing original. Wheels? Give me a break!

As for the water splash, that's not original at all. Why couldn't the park use another liquid? Like butane. That would really cool you off on a hot day. And seriously screw B&M for putting drops on this ride. Name one coaster without drops. What a lame coaster.

I, too, hate roller coasters that are too similar to all the others. I'm actually not surprised that Kings Island decided to use wheels on this coaster. That's so typical. Nothing original. Wheels? Give me a break!

As for the water splash, that's not original at all. Why couldn't the park use another liquid? Like butane. That would really cool you off on a hot day. And seriously screw B&M for putting drops on this ride. Name one coaster without drops. What a lame coaster.

hahaha. I agree This ride looks awesome.

Damn, everyone needs some Valium and a 12 pk!!! The ride just got announced and it's already a piece of crap that no one will like? Wow, can you guys also tell me what the winning lottery numbers will be for Friday since you seem to be able to tell the future so well?

It's cool to say you don't like the layout, colors, bunnyhills, trains or whatever, but get off your damn soap boxes and relax. I think we have a new group here at TPR, lets call them "preacher boys." They come on here and spout off just so they can read their comments and show them to their friends.

Let the ride become what it is. As long as it's a semi-tame ride, it will draw in the folks to KI as they are a huge family park. Let them have their fun. If you go, ride it, like it or don't, your choice, but shut up on these damn boards and stop arguing with everyone like you think you're Jebus or something.

Since I feel I largely started the "bitching"....

I made a disclaimer stating that I was just making an observation about the trends in B&M's design in recent years. I was simply trying provoke serious thought out of it and maybe start a constructive, separate discussion. Never did I say that the ride wasn't going to be good. I guess that was too nerdy of me.

Yes, I have a sense of humor. I understand what you guys are doing. Maybe the jokes aren't directed towards me. Maybe I just tried to start the conversation in the wrong place. I wasn't "bitching," though, but just attempting to have a simple, normal discussion.

Anyway, I just had to say that. My bad.

No B&M hyper (that I have ridden: Nitro, Apollo's, Goliath, Raging Bull) has a lot of airtime. Goliath at SFOG has the most IMO, but not a lot.

I'm dying to hear your definition of airtime.

Oh, and pave Kings Island. This coaster is unoriginal.......and sucks....and is still on fire. One degree more....but still on fire.

As for the water splash, that's not original at all. Why couldn't the park use another liquid? Like butane. That would really cool you off on a hot day.

Actually, Butane is a gas.

Not when it's really, really cold.