TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Also, based on watching the POV, I can't see how this ride is going to have any airtime.

Joe, that post just made my day.

The name sucks.

The logo sucks.

The colors suck.

The trains suck.

The layout sucks.

The splashdown sucks.

The trims suck.

The park still sucks.

Feel free to copy and paste any of those you need.

For insurance purposes, let me go ahead and purchase one "The splashdown sucks," one "the colors suck," and two of the "The trims suck" please.

In all seriousness, I'm incredibly excited about this ride, mostly because KI has been my home park all of my life and it's nice to finally get a major-caliber coaster that likely won't blow balls in five years. Yes, I will admit that there is a small part of me that is a Kings Island fanboy, but I'm not about to start claiming this is going to be a definite top 10 coaster next year. I'm not going to make any claims other than that I think it will be a lot of fun and a solid ride.

Oh, and the splashdown sucks.

----------------------------------------------

EDIT: I'm blind. Thank you, supertrooper. My bad, angryemobeaver.

The only thing i don't like about it is that viewers can't get wet from the splashdown. Maybe they just didn't show it in the concept art?

No, you aren't supposed to get wet. It's a visual effect. You don't get wet on Griffon or Sheikra, either.

He said "viewers can't get wet". Viewers of Sheikra and Griffon definitely get wet. Hopefully, the concept video just doesn't show the "splash zone".

Everything sucks hghhhhyghhhhhhhhhhhhh

LIFE CYCLE OF A "NEW COASTER" THREAD ON TPR

1. After months of rumors and speculation, the ride is announced. The ride is immediately hit with negative views because it didn't live up to the hype coasterboy2194210 had set when he heard from his friend's uncle that it was going to be a 900 foot prototype. √ CHECK

2. Complaints about: The name, the stats, the colors, the trains, and the station layout, sometimes all in the same post. This is based off a crudely done 3D video. √ CHECK

3. Random new threads pop up in the next few weeks, breaking the news of the brand new coaster, even though the original thread is probably still on the first page near the top.

4. People start complaining about the lack of construction, and wonder if the ride will be finished on time.

5. Construction starts, people start complaining about the lack of construction updates. No pictures from 2:35 this afternoon? But another piece had been put up!!!

6. Criticism over the differences between the constructed portions versus the concept art begin. Page upon page of bitter feuding on whether the angle of descent was incorrect begins.

7. The construction is finished. People start complaining about the lack of testing, and wonder if the ride will be finished on time.

8. Testing starts, people start complaining about the lack of testing updates. No pictures from 2:35 this afternoon? But another train has been cycled!!!

9. Someone rides the coaster and reports back. If the review is so-so to good, the person obviously caught it on a bad early run. If the review is glowing, the person obviously hasn't ridden many coasters.

10. The ride opens. The fanboys descend en masse, declaring the ride the best coaster to ever touch god's green earth. Wild claims are thrown out, like the coaster is able to cure cancer, and has ejector airtime even on the brake run and station.

11. A well-travelled, highly regarded TPR member finally rides it, and gives a good but not great review. Fanboys cry foul, saying the person rode it on an off-day.

12. Pages upon pages of comparison to every single amusement ride known to man ensue.

13. As more people ride, the reviews eventually settle into a particular area (bad, moderate, good, great, excellent) and people stop posting in the thread.

14. Meanwhile, dirt has been dug up somewhere else in the park...the cycle begins again.

How about we just decide that it's a big roller coaster and enjoy it? Not every ride in the world is going to be Expedition GeForce. I'm sorry, kids, but it's true.

I think this looks like a ton of fun. I'm so excited to get back to KI and get on this thing. I love the way it dives down over the paths. That's going to look very cool from both angles.

I was a bit let down by Behemoth despite a lot of other people giving it glowing reviews (I felt it really lacked in good airtime pretty much everywhere I sat on the coaster), so I'm having a "wait and see" attitude on this one. Visually, it LOOKS like a nice ride and will make a great addition to the park's skyline, but as for the ride itself, I'll just have to wait until I can get back to KI to ride it myself...

I think it looks alright, but nothing great. Some of the hills look a little too tall to give any good airtime and the layout is pretty standard.

It's better than nothing, but I think I'm starting to get sick of seeing the same old B&M hypers that exert little force. I agree that we need more Intamin Hypers.

You can also put me down for "Splashdown sucks". I for one would rather have another airtime hill in it's place.

Good for KI. Getting a nice good quality coaster...However...it just feels the same over and over layout from B&M...Its Nitro like with Behemoth like trains, and a Sheikra splashdown. I just wished B&M did something cooler with their hypers. But nonetheless looks like it will be a good ride. lets wait and see

LIFE CYCLE OF A "NEW COASTER" THREAD ON TPR

1. After months of rumors and speculation, the ride is announced. The ride is immediately hit with negative views because it didn't live up to the hype coasterboy2194210 had set when he heard from his friend's uncle that it was going to be a 900 foot prototype. √ CHECK

2. Complaints about: The name, the stats, the colors, the trains, and the station layout, sometimes all in the same post. This is based off a crudely done 3D video. √ CHECK

3. Random new threads pop up in the next few weeks, breaking the news of the brand new coaster, even though the original thread is probably still on the first page near the top.

4. People start complaining about the lack of construction, and wonder if the ride will be finished on time.

5. Construction starts, people start complaining about the lack of construction updates. No pictures from 2:35 this afternoon? But another piece had been put up!!!

6. Criticism over the differences between the constructed portions versus the concept art begin. Page upon page of bitter feuding on whether the angle of descent was incorrect begins.

7. The construction is finished. People start complaining about the lack of testing, and wonder if the ride will be finished on time.

8. Testing starts, people start complaining about the lack of testing updates. No pictures from 2:35 this afternoon? But another train has been cycled!!!

9. Someone rides the coaster and reports back. If the review is so-so to good, the person obviously caught it on a bad early run. If the review is glowing, the person obviously hasn't ridden many coasters.

10. The ride opens. The fanboys descend en masse, declaring the ride the best coaster to ever touch god's green earth. Wild claims are thrown out, like the coaster is able to cure cancer, and has ejector airtime even on the brake run and station.

11. A well-travelled, highly regarded TPR member finally rides it, and gives a good but not great review. Fanboys cry foul, saying the person rode it on an off-day.

12. Pages upon pages of comparison to every single amusement ride known to man ensue.

13. As more people ride, the reviews eventually settle into a particular area (bad, moderate, good, great, excellent) and people stop posting in the thread.

14. Meanwhile, dirt has been dug up somewhere else in the park...the cycle begins again.

lol. You're missing one thing and it should be in spot #3.

A quickly and crudely done NoLimits "pre-creation" is posted in the roller coaster gaming thread about an hour after the initial announcement and is mentioned in the coaster thread a couple of times to get people to look at it.

The pacing looks a little slow, but overall I think this will be a pretty fun ride. The airtime might not be amazing, but it looks like at least the back seats will get some nice semi-ejector air over most of the hills.

To me, it seems to be a Nitro wannabe. I do like the car design.

Water feature seems somewhat pointless in the area it's at.

I hope there's a soak zone like Sheikra and Griffon have. That might have been left out of the concept art.

I don't get how people can complain about this. IT'S A NEW COASTER! Be glad you're getting something, and it looks like a pretty awesome something to me. Sure it might not be the best, most forceful coaster to hit the planet, but I think it's going to be a pretty cool ride.