TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Look at Firehawk. During the first few test runs it ran really slow, and the wheels even squeaked a little. Firehawk is running much faster now, and the squeak has gone way. Firehawk had all new wheels on the trains when it started testing, they sure didn't use X-Flight wheels on it.

True. I may have also assumed that they did not change the wheels when they brought the old Hurricane trains to KI. I don't know they they didn't, so I made a false assumption, so you could definatly be right that it stalled because of the wheels. When I first read about it, I thought it was at the bottom of the rosebowl, and not towards the top.

I am with the few who would be more then willing to do it once to see if I can walk comfortably the rest of the day. Who knows

I also heard they have added trims along the course. So another reason it could have stalled if they had the trims on too heavy. I also heard though they are a lot of vibration in the trains. So if that is true, don't except the ride to open anytime soon.

The drop out of the station is cool. The first drop after the lift hill is great. The rest of the ride sucks. It should be scrapped and build something worthy of its daddy. Son Of Beast was obviously adopted and has no relation to the Beast.

^You just said the drop out of the station is cool and the first drop is great, now you want to burn it.

Yea, my friend was it run a complete circuit with water dummies in it the other day while working. I will give it a ride to see how it is, but I am not really looking foreward to it.

I don't think anyone will be reluctant to take a ride due to the accident. Nobody was reluctant to ride King Cobra at KI after the 1984 accident.

They might be reluctant just because it's SOB.

Son Of Beast was obviously adopted and has no relation to the Beast.

He was simply tired of living in his father's shadow and got lost along the way. No matter how hard he tried, his father always got the spotlight. He was sick of it. He began taking steroids to try to get big, strong, and fast. It was a bad decision and there is no recovering now. He isn't adopted, but was just too much of a rebel. Some would say his father is the one to blame, other may claim he was teased in school. No matter what the cause, he made a bad move and it will be impossible to go back now. Growing up without a mother is hard, and raising a child alone is tough as well. Don't blame Dad though, every night he wonders where he went wrong in rasing his son.

Son Of Beast was obviously adopted and has no relation to the Beast.

He was simply tired of living in his father's shadow and got lost along the way. No matter how hard he tried, his father always got the spotlight. He was sick of it. He began taking steroids to try to get big, strong, and fast. It was a bad decision and there is no recovering now. He isn't adopted, but was just too much of a rebel. Some would say his father is the one to blame, other may claim he was teased in school. No matter what the cause, he made a bad move and it will be impossible to go back now. Growing up without a mother is hard, and raising a child alone is tough as well. Don't blame Dad though, every night he wonders where he went wrong in rasing his son.

So you're saying SOB beats people up out of fits of "Roid-Rage?"

^Way to take one for the team!!

I wonder how the general public will take it when it opens back up. Are they going to be reluctant to take a ride because of the accident or will they rush to it when it opens back up to try it once?

My Mom didn't want me riding it when it was open. Some of my friends were too scared to ride it when it was open just looking at the structure. I'd say a LOT of people will be reluctant about riding it, others get things mixed up. I cant begin to tell you how many times I have heard people call SOB, the Beast; and Beast, SOB.

Maybe this has been answered already, but those do not look like Hurricane's trains.

They look more like the old SOB trains (maybe it's just the angle or something).

I LMAO at the fact that the stupid thing couldn't even make a full circuit.