TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

• 2 weeks later...

I hear Son of Beast will be opening along with Firehawk on memorial day weekend....any chance you guys think SoB will luck out wiht the Falken trains? I remember hearing good things from Robb and the crew about it.

PB5_HolzF603g.jpg.f4dc9bb3c3da983ceb062f86352003e6.jpg

G trains

PB5_HolzF405g.jpg.3917b145f92dc7486cebdc1aeba4c936.jpg

G trains

I hear Son of Beast will be opening along with Firehawk on memorial day weekend....any chance you guys think SoB will luck out wiht the Falken trains? I remember hearing good things from Robb and the crew about it.

PB5_HolzF603g.jpg.f57e7bc4fd9cedcd73ee8d27ebfb7c12.jpg

GOOD G-trains?

PB5_HolzF405g.jpg.7d09db50b4ae1e67e710f218b43e4e33.jpg

G trains

Doubtful. SoB is supposed to be getting used G-trains from Myrtl Beach Pavilion.

I hear Son of Beast will be opening along with Firehawk on memorial day weekend...

Where did you hear this? This certainly hasn't been announced officially, and Screamscape says that nobody seems to know when Son of Beast will re-open.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/kings_island.htm

Park News - (4/17/07) The official word from Kings Island is that Firehawk is still on track to open by Memorial Day weekend, however no one seems sure when Son of Beast might be ready to reopen. The park will also have five new shows when they open for the season.

They don't appear to be making much of an effort to get SOB up and running, except for buying crappy used trains. Of course, they could just be focusing on getting Firehawk up and running.

^ I agree, SOB was a failed experiment and had problems from the get-go. No saving this one... Unless Intamin retracked it with prefab...

Then it could go from the worst wooden coaster to the best in a matter of months.

It would go from the worst to average and boring.

Even if it was smooth it wouldn't be a good ride.

I heard that SOB was opening MMD Weekend from people talking in the season pass line...hey..it's a rumor, but now that I think about it, I doubt it. There is no steel on the track and it doesnt even look like the wood work is complete. Who knows if the trains are even on KI grounds!

I really don't like the traditional loops on Vekoma flyers. I've only done Batwing, but you spend too much time on your back and not a lot in the "flying" position.

I almost think of it more as a "lay-down" coaster (ala RCT2) than a "flying" coaster.

Don't get me wrong though, I think I still think it's a cool ride.

I'm glad they put Firehawk up so fast. That just gives me one more reason to drive right past this park on the way to Cedar Point in June.

LOL, same here. I wish I could stop at KI, and go to Geauga Lake as well, but no time sadly.

Cedar Point will do though

^^ No other coaster at KI has single rider lines, mainly I think it is because they aren't a four passenger row rides, like a B&M. Well, Firehawk is. I think they that would want to fill every train full because of its low capactiy. There was one on BORG at Carowinds, so anyone remember if ther was one for X-flight?