TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

CF is done with trick tracks. Thats why Villian is having theirs removed.

Hah, ironic how almost everything from GL is being removed and added to KI (X-Flight and a Trick Track).

We only lost X-Flight to KI and I doubt there will be a trick track. Plus, those two won't be missed much...if not at all.

CF is done with trick tracks. Thats why Villian is having theirs removed.

Hah, ironic how almost everything from GL is being removed and added to KI (X-Flight and a Trick Track).

Yea man, and I am still waiting for the B&M Floorless.

Kings Island Announces FIVE New Shows for 2007

Ice skating, 60's review, Dora the Explorer highlight much expanded

family entertainment package.

KINGS ISLAND, Ohio – From incredibly cool ice skating and non-stop hot island rhythms to Dora the Explorer LIVE and twistin' the night away, Kings Island's 2007 all-new, fully expanded entertainment package has it all! Five family-friendly shows highlight the season-long program, which will have guests singing and dancing in the aisles.

Dora's Sing-a-long Adventure: Dora and Boots are in search of the Big Red Chicken and need help from the young explorers in the audience. Singing and dancing is part of the fun in this highly interactive, high-spirited performance. Show opens April 21 in the Nick Theatre.

Hot Island Rhythms: Summer is here to stay! Island-worthy pop songs have guests singing along, celebrating the carefree fun everyone loves about a summer vacation. Pack your bags and get ready to dance, mon. The rhythm starts April 21 on the International Street Bandstand.

Endless Summer on Ice: The popular Kings Island ice show is back! Talented performers celebrate summer fun – complete with singing, popular music and dancing – all on ice. The Paramount Theatre gets frosty beginning June 9.

Nicktoons Live at Five: Kids of all ages delight in getting up close and personal with their favorite Nicktoons, and there is no better way than with a high-energy meet and greet experience. The characters parade out with much fanfare to introduce a true "happy hour." Guests should prepare for many hugs and lots of smiles. The fun starts June 16 on the International Street Bandstand.

Twistin' to the 60's: All hip cats are invited to a crazzzzy good time, as a full cast of talented performers belt out everyone's favorite 60's tunes. Guests should be ready to twist and shout as Kings Island celebrates summer in a peachy keen way. Opens June 23 in the International Showplace.

In addition to brand-new shows, the tradition of character meet and greets and nightly fireworks continue throughout the season. Characters are located at the front gate and in Nickelodeon Universe ready to hug, dance and frolic with kids of all ages. Kings Island's innovative fireworks display lights up the night on days when the park is open until 10 p.m. or later.

The all-star entertainment lineup compliments Kings Island's first flying coaster, Firehawk. Opening Memorial Day weekend, the innovative flying coaster propels willing test pilots 115 feet in the air and through five inversions at speeds of more than 50 mph – all while facing the ground, experiencing the inconceivable feeling of human flight.

"This year, there is something new for everyone," said Greg Scheid, Kings Island's vice president and general manager. "The full compliment of new high-quality shows, top-notch thrills, a fantastic water park, and an award-winning kids' area, combined with very attractive ticket prices, makes 2007 a special year to visit. There is something new and unique at every turn for each and every member of the family."

Kings Island opens for weekend operation Saturday, April 21. Gates open at 10 a.m. Daily operation begins Wednesday, May 23. Boomerang BayTM opens Saturday, May 26. For more information about Kings Island, guests can call the park at (800) 288-0808 or visit www.pki.com.

Individual gold season passes and four-pack family passes are now on sale by calling (800) 952-PASS [7277] or online at www.pki.com. Discounted park tickets are also available when purchased in advance at Kroger, Meijer and Speedway, by calling (800) 288-0808 or online at www.pki.com.

I havent seen many shows at KI, but it looks like it is influenced from CF. The Snoopy On Ice...and now KI has an ice skating show, but hey, it is something new and it can only improve the park!

-Zach

One other thing....."Gates open at 10AM" ....it used to be gates open at 9AM, rides open at 10AM, with the acception of the gold pass deals. Hmm.

One other thing....."Gates open at 10AM" ....it used to be gates open at 9AM, rides open at 10AM, with the acception of the gold pass deals. Hmm.

KI gold pass holders got to authorize the gates opening at 9AM, and rides at 10AM?

Wow they really liked their gold pass holders didn't they?

^You don't get it? Specify Chicken as "Male Chicken", which is basically a cock and you have yourself one funny innuendo for a kids show!

Chicken's are female. Roosters are male.

There is no such thing as a "male chicken".

I still get the joke, just pointing out the flaw in it.

KI gold pass holders got to authorize the gates opening at 9AM, and rides at 10AM?

Wow they really liked their gold pass holders didn't they?

Yeah, that whole Gold Pass thing turned out to be a bust. They gave you worthless stuff like double rides on the Racer on Tuesdays when it's walk-on anyway. Or, the dreaded bring a friend free day, where you got to suffer some of the worst lines imaginable.

Cedar Fair should introduce a real premium season pass. KI is in a fairly affluent area. People would be jumping over each other to buy $250 season passes if they had real perks.

^ I wasn't really seriously commenting about gold passes.

I was commenting on gold pass holders being able to "accept" the opening time.

Oh. Well, who wouldn't want to pay extra for a pass that let's you in early to wait around for another hour!

That's, in the language of the great K-Fed, "rollin' VIP".

I am soooo happy to see Cedar Fair bringing entertainment back into the park. I can tell you that as a former customer service employee at PKI, a pass holder and lifelong Kings Island fangirl, this has been one of the biggest complaints I have heard out of people in the past 5 or so years. I know it doesn't affect those of you who hit the park, ride the thrill rides and head home, but for those families with young kids, non riders and Grandma and Grandpa, this is great news.

I wonder if any of the hotel/motel locations (Great Wolf, Kings Island Inn) will be granted the opportunity to have their guests get in the park gates early?

Shari

The level of live entertainment for '07 at Kings Island may not be to the level it was in the early to mid 1990s (or earlier), but increasing the level of it this year is something I surely applaud. It's nice to see the International Showplace having something again, and the bandstand having more than karaoke.

I doubt any area hotels are getting the early entry perks for their guests, but if it were to happen, it would most likely be Great Wolf Lodge as they are "The Official Resort of Kings Island."

As for opening time, I'm sure they'll open most of International Street at 9:00 am this season.

CBS did not open the front gate until 10:00 am earlier last year... can you say "debacle?" You couldn't even pass through metal detectors, which meant no restroom access.

Not long after, they opened the front of International Street, but only one or two shops were open, and no places to buy food, especilally Starbucks and the mini-donut stand.

Dora and Boots are in search of the Big Red Chicken

I have a big red chicken... IN MY PANTS!

Holy crap that was hilarious!

^I did like those shows infront of the Eiffle Tower....it drew a good crowd, and some people were acaully pretty good!

The Long Awaited Update is HERE! Firehawk is accually showing some true color and almost complete with track work, still needs the station done, though. Pics from kicentral.

Picture_022.jpg.0030bbf01b58d10eeedec8df35023f69.jpg

Paint faster I say!

Picture_003.jpg.52000145d81e4ed1444e372f37741cc8.jpg

Station over view

DSC04268.jpg.acad3cbc5c36d50041f7571da3ddc67a.jpg

New look for the new area of Coney Mall

april5x14.jpg.d40322e9cd804d8860f222f76a95a424.jpg

Much work being done

april5x10.jpg.130e1f3a1fede42fbcffbdb8b01bfb23.jpg

There are some true colors!

april5x09.jpg.51d78b4ff73350b5fc58d13f2206387b.jpg

Yea, we are going to need that when the ride breaks down......

april5x08.thumb.jpg.deb28aaa05c9a79713b7097daff589f2.jpg

Multicolored loop for Derek.

april5x07.jpg.5f7a320ffefcc06aee531d727a8125bd.jpg

Gimme all your fluffy prizes!

april5x05.jpg.95fd8ca034dc91e7a434132bb5126e32.jpg

Station still under construction