TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

This is all excellent info! Just what I needed! Weather is looking to be rainy in the early morning before the park opens, but shouldn't be an issue. I guess my main question with fastlane is will it be cheaper to buy now than buying day of in the park? This will be one of my last big coaster adventures before I enter the real world, so I'm trying to make it count.

12 minutes ago, The username said:

This is all excellent info! Just what I needed! Weather is looking to be rainy in the early morning before the park opens, but shouldn't be an issue. I guess my main question with fastlane is will it be cheaper to buy now than buying day of in the park? This will be one of my last big coaster adventures before I enter the real world, so I'm trying to make it count.

Theoretically they can change the price at any time, but it probably won't this close to the date.  Note that you are physically incapable of buying it "in the park."  You'd need to use your mobile phone to do it there.  It's honestly easier just to buy it in advance.  Even if the crowds are small, you'll appreciate one or two train waits for almost everything.  And you only want Fast Lane Plus.  Don't bother with the regular FL.

With FL+, here's how I'd go:

-Woodstock Express first; it's not on FL
-Bat second; it's also not on FL.
-Flight of Fear 3rd; it is on FL, but the merge is kinda back from the station some ways and it always seems to have horrible capacity even though it shouldn't.
-After that, do whatever you want LOL.  It won't matter with FL+.  Wanna go spend some time in the water park?  Cool.  Wanna go back to your hotel and take a nap for a few hours?  Fine and dandy.  With FL+, you will have more than enough time to do everything you want several times.

Yeah, if this is your "last big adventure" for a while, I would go all out.

• Like 1

You'll probably be good on Sunday, but the FL+ isn't what it used to be on Saturdays. It's still good, but I've found myself waiting in 20 minute lines for Diamondback and Orion. Sometimes Banshee fills up, too. Haunt ride waits can be up to 30 minutes until the haunt attractions open up. (Never any haunt attraction wait with Fright Lane) Mystic Timbers has never been more than a wait on the stairs for me.

Is that still really good? Yes, but it's not the nearly guaranteed walk-on golden ticket it used to be, that I praised so much. I have no idea how this holds true on a week day. We've been so many times it's not worth my wife taking off an extra day just to avoid a Saturday visit.

1 hour ago, coastercrazy216 said:

Do any of the coasters at KI have single rider lines? How should lines be on a Wednesday (like, next Wednesday)?

Nope, no dedicated single rider lines.

Crowds on a Wednesday should be very manageable.  All depends on the weather.

6 hours ago, coastercrazy216 said:

FL+ still recommended?

I always recommend it, especially if you've only got one day, unless you go to the park all the time.

12 hours ago, coastercrazy216 said:

FL+ still recommended?

Of course. You may ride everything without it. But count the half hours together you will be not standing in lines, but eating, strolling, reriding, enjoying the park, ...

I will always recommend it everywhere where you are not a lot of times and everytime you are there for a limited amount of time.

On 8/11/2022 at 7:35 PM, coastercrazy216 said:

FL+ still recommended?

Yes. FL+ makes KI a one day park. 12 hours is plenty of time to ride at your leisure, and drink beer. During The Haunt, one is more important than the other. If you can hold out, I would wait for The Haunt.

On 8/11/2022 at 2:15 AM, AmyUD06 said:

Note that you are physically incapable of buying it "in the park.

How does it work if you wanna make use of the discount that comes with the platinum pass (Fast lane plus for the price of fast lane)? You also have to do that through the app?

Also, quick question abojt the bring a friend ticket,  canit  be used 6x for the entire season  or 6 people per visit?

21 minutes ago, gardyloo! said:

How does it work if you wanna make use of the discount that comes with the platinum pass (Fast lane plus for the price of fast lane)? You also have to do that through the app?

Also, quick question abojt the bring a friend ticket,  canit  be used 6x for the entire season  or 6 people per visit?

Like @tndanksaid, no discount for Platinum Pass on FL at Kings Island; that's only at Cedar Point.

The bring-a-friend tickets are limited to 6 per visit.

• Thanks 1

Reporting in from the park, today has been a major success. We arrived at the park at opening and had all the roller coasters done before 4:00. Plenty of re-rides later, tragedy struck my left hand on the beast, but I am ok. They rebuilt me in medical, and I'm gonna get my night ride (hands down).

2 hours ago, southpuddle said:

Oh dear 😬 where on the ride did you hit it?

In the tunnel after the second lift hill, about a quarter of the way through. Slight injury, nothing major. It probably didn't help that I am tall/lanky. Also, night ride on the beast was the best!!! We had a blast, and the park lived up to the hype.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The username said:

In the tunnel after the second lift hill, about a quarter of the way through. Slight injury, nothing major. It probably didn't help that I am tall/lanky. Also, night ride on the beast was the best!!! We had a blast, and the park lived up to the hype.

This is part of the reason I stopped putting my arms up on coasters.  In that same spot years ago, I just slightly nicked my fingertips, but it sure stung.  The other reason is that I realized it's just unnecessary work to hold your arms up during the ride.  It also causes unnecessary drag and slows the ride down (Just kidding! While it definitely does create drag it's likely negligible).

I have nothing against arms up, though.  If that's how people like to ride they have every right do it.

The days of carelessly putting my hands up on coasters ended in 2020 with rotator cuff repair surgery from a sports related injury. Unless it's something like a B&M floater, I keep my hands down. It doesn't change the enjoyment for me.

On 8/14/2022 at 3:47 PM, AmyUD06 said:

Like @tndanksaid, no discount for Platinum Pass on FL at Kings Island; that's only at Cedar Point.

The bring-a-friend tickets are limited to 6 per visit.

seems like a great deal that a season pass holder can bring 6 friends for such a low price as many times as one would like a year. I'm not complaining though, I'm definitely gonna make use of it later this week.

I think I’ve finally convinced my husband to go to KI with me (he hates coasters), but his stipulation is turkey legs. Yknow, like the big giant ones you get at renaissance festivals.

I know the park has them around winterfest, but are they a year round thing? We’re looking at going as soon as next weekend if they do because he’s that dedicated to this task, plus I’ve not been since Firehawk’s last year. Any pointers in the right area even if not in the park but nearby would be appreciated!

• Haha 1

I had a great day dodging storms at KI today. Outside of the beer and food options for the 50th anny, I didn't really feel like there was this huge celebration going on.

The park has a massive dead space from Orion to Beast; Antique Cars is the only attraction of note there and its nostalgia is wearing off tbh. There's nothing to do. No, no one is spending $ on the big games from the 70s still standing there taking up most of the space in the area.

Beast is SMOOTH! No I don't believe any trims are different but the way they bumped up the entry intro the first curved tunnel perhaps that zaps the speed to the 2nd lift. Definitely not as aggressive but love the 2nd lift and helix, still legit. 

I am willing to pick row 18/back row over front row Beast which would usually be unheard of. Great work on Beast and I'll bet 100 bucks this coaster goes on for hundreds of years to come. They'll just keep it going. Beast for life. 💖

Orion front row is the spot! Relentless. 

Mystic Timbers tried to take off my shirt every ride lol but god the operations were slow. Getting stacked outside of the shed in the rain is not fun ha!

• Like 1