TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

2 hours ago, TrippinBillie said:

I'm sure whatever they would do to it, would be phenomenal. 

Buck buck buck buck buck buck buck buck buck buck buck thigh pain buck buck BRAKES.

Yeah. Fun for the whole family...

Must be 54" to ride.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, KBrylczyk said:

RMC it!

I have thought about the concept of RMC'ing an old arrow mine train before lol. I'm sure it could be done but I mean what mine train out there has a layout that's even worth modifying? I guess if the goal is to make a smoother, more reliable, less maintenance family attraction then maybe there are few to consider but probably isn't worth the time and effort to develop the concept. Something like Gemini at Cedar Point may have some potential? But that's kind of a one off attraction out there.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2022/may/brady-bunch-actor-barry-williams-to-narrate-the-story-of-kings-islands-first-50-years-during-parks-brand-new-nighttime-finale

"The 14-minute show is four times longer than Kings Island’s traditional evening finale with the immersive experience featuring fireworks, 200 synchronized drones, fire bursts, laser projections on International Street and an all-new song created just for the celebration."

On 5/18/2022 at 11:06 AM, Hilltopper39 said:

I have thought about the concept of RMC'ing an old arrow mine train before lol. I'm sure it could be done but I mean what mine train out there has a layout that's even worth modifying? I guess if the goal is to make a smoother, more reliable, less maintenance family attraction then maybe there are few to consider but probably isn't worth the time and effort to develop the concept. Something like Gemini at Cedar Point may have some potential? But that's kind of a one off attraction out there.

I'm strictly speculating (admittedly unlike other enthusiasts) that it would be much more cost effective to build a ground-up coaster than RMC and old one. I can only imagine an RMC treatment on Mine Train at SFSTL.

• Like 1

I was at the park today for my "pre-Coasterstock" rides. Just wanted to let everyone know, that the Beast is running soooo smooth. Lots of new wood visible. I normally only ride it in row 1 or 2. I started in row 2, then moved to 14 (non wheel) and finished in the last row. All rides were very enjoyable, and the best I can remember. 😁 My only complaint was, now you can really feel the 4 sets of trims hit. 😢 Other than that, I'm looking forward to our Saturday night ERT rides...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, prozach626 said:

I'm strictly speculating (admittedly unlike other enthusiasts) that it would be much more cost effective to build a ground-up coaster than RMC and old one. I can only imagine an RMC treatment on Mine Train at SFSTL.

Yeah I really don't have a clue, I mean I thought the whole concept of the conversions on the wooden coasters was that it was somewhere cheaper than demolishing and building new when the structure and foundations are still in mostly good condition. With the mine trains I'm sure if there was way they could make money converting them into a new attraction they would have already attempted it but I'm guessing the business model for product just wasn't feasible. Spend $10 million dollars to convert a crappy old wooden coaster into a kick ass world class steel coaster makes a lot more sense than spending say $7 million dollars to convert a mostly fine family coaster into a slightly better but still just a family coaster. 

Bummer to hear from friends that all the coasters' ops were denying row requests, even with fast lane. I really hope that doesn't continue into the summer, that's such a disappointment when you're in from out of state trying to get the best rides on Orion/Diamondback/Beast etc. 

I really doubt Adventure Express is going anywhere any time soon. They just painted it and got all the effects working. My dream would be to make that corner of the park an adventure themed mini-land like Jungle X-Pedition and to plop down a freespin or some other flat ride in the Slingshot spot. Add in a margarita bar or something and you can make it a budget version of Lost River Delta at DisneySea! 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PKI Jizzman said:

Bummer to hear from friends that all the coasters' ops were denying row requests, even with fast lane. I really hope that doesn't continue into the summer, that's such a disappointment when you're in from out of state trying to get the best rides on Orion/Diamondback/Beast etc. 

I have had no problem with row requests so far this season. They must have instituted a new rule today.

7 hours ago, PKI Jizzman said:

EVERY SINGLE row request from us today (both during morning ert and during regular hours) has thus far been granted 

I asked with a smile and they all said ok with a smile (on diamondback, beast (row 17 is amazing!   The new beast is SO damn smooth!  Tho yes they are trimming hard in places - not in the helix tho) Orion, racer,  heck. Even on adventure express row request was granted 😁)

im sorry that others aren’t having this experience 😞

and sucks missed Alex by 1 day!

Beast has been trimmed hard for about 20 years now, no?

I can’t even begin to estimate the number of times someone on this board has said Beast has been trimmed “more than before” …  yet somehow the trains are still able to make it around the tracks. Seems to me that there’s only so much speed they can take off 😂

• Like 1

Good to hear it seemed to be an isolated issue. Yep nothing new with the Beast about the trims but the initial reports were it flies from the curved tunnel to the 2nd lift but seems the results are now: it's smoother but the trims pull harder than ever.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, southpuddle said:

I can’t even begin to estimate the number of times someone on this board has said Beast has been trimmed “more than before” …  yet somehow the trains are still able to make it around the tracks. Seems to me that there’s only so much speed they can take off 😂

43 years, actually.  And yeah, those speculating about a "non-trimmed Beast," or even a "less trimmed Beast" ever having opened to the public are just plain wrong.  You just feel it more since they switched to the magnetic trims, which slow the train down much quicker in a shorter period of time (to the same speed) compared to the old skid trims.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, southpuddle said:

They are absolutely trimming hard on the first hill post drop and at the end of the bridge before the turn into the woods 

they TOLD us they are trimming to help all the new work that was done to last

but the trimming on the 1st drop and into the helix felt very similar to  what how it was running before the work.

i just love someone who was NOT at a coaster enthusiast event trying to diminish a fact I am reporting from the event 

sheesh

I was just saying it’s funny that I’ve heard of reports of Beast being trimmed “more than ever” on seemingly dozens of instances over the span of 15ish years. Like, there’s only so much speed that can be taken off before the trains don’t make it around the course. You’ve ridden it this year. I have not. So you’re clearly more qualified to make that call. And everything I say on here is about 90% sarcasm 🙃

1 hour ago, southpuddle said:

I was just saying it’s funny that I’ve heard of reports of Beast being trimmed “more than ever” on seemingly dozens of instances over the span of 15ish years. Like, there’s only so much speed that can be taken off before the trains don’t make it around the course. You’ve ridden it this year. I have not. So you’re clearly more qualified to make that call. And everything I say on here is about 90% sarcasm 🙃

Don't worry this thread is spicy. Consequence of becoming a good park. 

Tik-Tok Reaction GIF by LÜBS

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, coasterjohnh said:

What happened to the web cams?

From the website: "Our webcam streams are currently down. It is undetermined at this time when they'll be back online."

Things with technology happen, and it's not really anyone's business why.  Parks aren't going to issue a statement unless it's a foreseen issue, and even then maybe not.